The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 153 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#163805 - 10/26/08 07:59 PM Who rules the pumkin patch? Halloween costumes:
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
Numero uno:
Pirates and their damsels!
There are almost one pirate costume selling for everyone of anything else! They are being French Housemaids, Bush masks, Frankenstein, and everything else! To dress in the period of the pirate is also VERY popular this year but number one for kids is;
Hannah Montana.

Who knew?

How about you? Are you dressing this year? How are you dressing?
If you were, how would you dress?
Great Halloween costumes of old days?

Dancer, loves Halloween and the Day of the Dead.

"Question your privilege"

#163811 - 10/26/08 10:15 PM Re: Who rules the pumkin patch? Halloween costumes: [Re: dancer9]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
No costume for me this year. I'll be answering the door naked . . . it will be the scariest thing in town!!!

Haven't dressed up for a few years. How about you, Dancer?

#163814 - 10/26/08 10:25 PM Re: Who rules the pumkin patch? Halloween costumes: [Re: dancer9]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
I don't dress up for Hallowe'en.

Where I work, I think the German and Filipino employees were a little amazed by some Canadians who donned their costumes.

You should have seen the reaction towards a Canadian manager who dressed...as a woman. He got quite a reaction...this is a male-dominated construction site. You would think most men would get over this type of thing..ie. dressing in drag. Whatever.

#163816 - 10/26/08 10:49 PM Re: Who rules the pumkin patch? Halloween costumes: [Re: orchid]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
We don't get any trick-or-treaters in our gated community. The resort usually has a dress up party, but not this year. I think people are just not in the mood with the way the country is going.

If I were to dress up again, I would go as Vampira, long black silk garment, long black hair and of course the long, long red fingernails. My face would be white except for the dark eye makeup, and blood red lips...

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#163880 - 10/27/08 11:49 PM Re: Who rules the pumkin patch? Halloween costumes: [Re: chatty lady]
dancer9 Offline

Hi Dolfin, Orchid and Chatty! Dolfin, LOL!! No one would be scared of you naked but some parents might be interested! Ha! You could get a long wig and do so, that is, answer the door naked as Lady Godiva! Great Idea, you could use a nude color body suit underneath!

Orchid, I agree, men should be comfortable enough with their sexuality to see a man dressed as a woman, or a gay man, and keep their wits about themselves. It's almost as if they try to prove they are straight when faced with such things! A man dressed as a woman is not that strange a sight!

Chatty! That is a look you and I can pull off with our coloring without any hassle. I used to like to use lingerue instead of dressed for my black outfit to make it more interesting!

For many years my own company did a Halloween show so I have some great videos of them dressed as a Cupid to Little Red Ridiing Hood! Because I am a character dancer, it gave me some exercise so far as choreography for each character! My company was great in taking on the storie lines and characters.

I loved the day of the dead in New Orleans where they have a sort of parade and spend the day white washing the graves of their relatives and putting fresh flowers out. They spend the day together in the cemetaries doing this freshening. Since you have to bury above ground in New Orleans or at least use a concrete slab, there was much to white wash. The cemetaries were lovely after the second of November!

Best to all, I just love Halloween!

Dancer

#163906 - 10/28/08 04:24 AM Re: Who rules the pumkin patch? Halloween costumes: [Re: dancer9]
Sandpiper Offline

Loc: Kissimmee, Florida
Haven't dressed up for Halloween in years. Once my sister became a teacher, all the kids at the door kept asking if I was her so now she gets to do the honors at halloween.

I usually will wear a vest I made and some type of halloween jewelry that's about all.
www.tidedancer.com

#163926 - 10/28/08 01:21 PM Re: Who rules the pumkin patch? Halloween costumes: [Re: Sandpiper]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I don't dress up on Halloween, but we went to a costume party the other night and it was a hoot. I wanted to be a cowgirl, but hubby said, "You look too cute. Costumes are suppose to be funny."

So I bagged my boots, jeans and cowboy hat and went as Sarah Palin. Ross brought me a pair of Sarah Palin glasses hoem from work, I fixed my hair just like hers, and wore blcak with an American flag lapel pin, and I talked like her most of the night. It was a blast. The best part was that my nephew was Obama. He was hysterical with this big grin wiped across his face all night. We had our photo taken together and if I was Edelweiss, I'd post it. I'll try to do so later.

Ross was a midlife crisis. He wore a hat with a long blonde ponytail, a gold chain, a clingy white shirt, with a tux jacket and the sleeves pushed up so you could see his cuff bracelet and flashy watch. Then he wore jeans and loafers with no socks. He looked so unlike himself that everyone roared when they saw him. He's an extremely conservative dresser and wears no jewelry except a watch.

We have family here for Halloween - pizza and Greek salad - and lots of sweets. When kids come to the door, many of us run to the door and oohh and ahhh. It's so much fun. We call others to the door to see how cute they are, then give them tons of candy. I love it.

The weather is going to be gorgeous for Halloween, at least around here. It's raining now but is going to clear up!

#163950 - 10/28/08 05:54 PM Re: Who rules the pumkin patch? Halloween costumes: [Re: Dotsie]
dancer9 Offline

How great your costume was, Dotsie!! I love it! You talked like her too! LOL! And your nephew was great too!

Costume parties are great. I wish we got trick or treaters but I lived in a gated community so no one can come around. Sometimes my husband and I go to the neighborhood that whoop it up for Halloween to watch the costumes go by!

Should be a good year for Halloween, I can't wait!

Sandpiper,
It least you make an effort when you dress for a party! Your sister dresses up for school when she teaches? I didn't quite understand.

Best,
Dancer

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved