The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 180 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#159718 - 09/13/08 12:34 PM Gas Woes
MustangGal
Unregistered

Wow, I filled up on Thursday morning at %3.43. With Hurricane Ike, it is now $5.49. The Attorney General is warning against gas station price gauging and cautions consumers to report because it constitutes unfair trade practices and criminal misdemenaor. If you notice same in your locals, please do the same.

Hopefully, by mid next week gas prices will have returned to 'normal' - whatever that may be.

I've bought a week's worth of soup to accomodate the price hikes.

#159721 - 09/13/08 12:57 PM Re: Gas Woes [Re: ]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Times like these I'm glad I drive a Volkswagon. I filled my car up the day before all of this happened. I was clueless, but I'm so grateful that I followed my gut and filled up the day before if for no other reason than I may have had to stay in line to get my gas.

Run on gas stations? Gimme a break. This is falling right into the plan of the big boys, if you ask me.

The run on gas stations amazes me. If people would just stop and think....are you going to stop driving and buying gas just because the price goes up? No. Of course we're not. And if they would NOT listen to media and panic...good grief.

#161006 - 09/25/08 11:41 PM Re: Gas Woes [Re: jawjaw]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
If you feel there is price gouging going on, you can report it:
DOE's Gas Price Watch

this is one of the links our local news stations included for Ike effected citizens to report price gouging. They gave other organizations that were watching separate sectors of the marketplace, also.

#161044 - 09/26/08 07:56 AM Re: Gas Woes [Re: gims]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Tonight on the news they showed where a woman in Virginia sick of the gas prices now rides her beautiful horse to work. It eats the grass around her office and she gives it a couple of carrots on her break. Now thats the life!

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#162281 - 10/09/08 10:45 PM Re: Gas Woes [Re: ]
MustangGal
Unregistered

Wish I could ride my horse to work, yet it is 22 miles 1-way! I'm car pooling now and will let ya know if saving any gas or money at months end. My boss does not like me car pooling, tho, b/c I arrive early and leave on time - now she's taking away my lunches! (She's the crazy attorney I've spoken about that spends her nights in bars and always at least an hour late to work!) She'd rather me work late, IOW, work her hours. She doesn't realize that the staff folks have a life. Such is life.

#162290 - 10/10/08 01:28 AM Re: Gas Woes [Re: ]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Have HOPE ladies the prices here have dropped an entire dollar from $3.79 per gallon to $2.69 as of ytesterday, that drop in only six days too. Our country using less gas is driving the prices back down. Wha-Hoo!!!

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#162317 - 10/10/08 12:26 PM Re: Gas Woes [Re: ]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Our gas has dropped to 3.49 and there was a time we gaged over THAT price...now we do a happy dance. I tell ya, a horse is looking better and better.

Actually, Orchid has the solution and I bet she's laughing at all of us poor folks who pay at the pumps! Eh, Orchid? We need to get out there and get bikes....

What do you do on rainy or snowy days, Orchid?

#162330 - 10/10/08 04:25 PM Re: Gas Woes [Re: jawjaw]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Here's something I got in an email today:

"The final chapter of the [financial] crisis may be when Americans finally learn to live within their means."

Yukio Noguchi, Finance Professor,
Japan's Waseda University

Ouch! But so true!

#162331 - 10/10/08 04:49 PM Re: Gas Woes [Re: jawjaw]
Di Offline

Loc: NM, transplant from NJ
So true. And it's sad that the gov't has to step in to make the American people do it!

I'm so glad that, years ago, we denounced credit cards in our household. You become enslaved to your debtor....just about forever.

#162908 - 10/16/08 05:58 PM Re: Gas Woes [Re: ]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
I found gas yesterday @ $2.86 gal. It still hit me @ over $50 to fill up.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved