The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 163 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#162221 - 10/09/08 08:34 AM Wise words
Edelweiss2 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
Occasionally I receive emails with great wisdom in them.I would love to share the special ones with you all. If any of you have wisdom to share, Please do share with us on this thread. smile

I had to read the following quote twice to really understand what they mean. It's worth it.

Quote:
Happiness Is Your Property
No matter what adverse situations come in front of you, no matter how many obstacles come in front of you, your happiness should not disappear. An obstacle that comes will also go away. That obstacle comes and goes away but what belongs to you should not go. So, happiness is your property. Whenever an obstacle comes, just think that it has come to go away. When a guest comes to your home, it isn't that he has come as a guest and will go away having taken everything from your home. So an obstacle has come and it will go away but it should not take away your happiness. Happiness should always remain with you.

Quoted from "Thought for Today"

#162250 - 10/09/08 06:48 PM Re: Wise words [Re: Edelweiss2]
keyholes Offline

Loc: Ohio the heart of it all
I love this! I'll have to print it out. Like you, I had to read it a few times.

We should BE happiness.

I have one of those fortune cookie fortunes attached to my computer monitor:

"Happiness is a state of mind. It is always available at bargain prices."

#162304 - 10/10/08 05:51 AM Re: Wise words [Re: keyholes]
Edelweiss2 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
I like that quote, Keyhole.
Here is another one:
Quote:
Hope
Poverty is not being without money, but being without hope.

#162337 - 10/10/08 05:47 PM Re: Wise words [Re: Edelweiss2]
keyholes Offline

Loc: Ohio the heart of it all
I like it!!

Another one:

If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion. ~ Dalai Lama

#162755 - 10/15/08 06:05 PM Re: Wise words [Re: keyholes]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
Ewwww, EW, along those same lines (from a Dass collection):

If we imagine that our mind is like the blue sky, and that across it pass thoughts as clouds, we can get a feel for that part of it which is other than our thoughts. The sky is always present; it contains the clouds and yet is not contained by them. So with our awareness. It is present and encompasses all our thoughts, feelings, and sensations; yet it is not the same as them. To recognize and acknowledge this awareness, with its spacious, peaceful quality, is to find a very useful resource within. We see that we need not identify with each thought just because it happens to occur. We can remain quiet and choose which thought we wish to attend to. And we can remain aware behind all these thoughts, in a state that offers an entirely new level of openness and insight.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved