The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 139 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#161069 - 09/26/08 05:11 PM Ten Thoughts on Whole Living
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
This is something I came across in the Whole Living: Body and Soul magazine It is written by Terri Trespicio.

Don't rush. Savor this ripest, sweetest season.

Discover peace by observing the world around you. Take time to drink it all in.

Learn from your setbacks and they will open the door to new opportunities.

Be earth friendly by traveling lightly when you travel.

Surprise yourself. Engage in spontaneous act.

If you listen to your body, you'll feed it well and take the guilt our of eating.

When you push the voundaries of your strength, you tap into the body's ture power.

The most memorable moments in life are often unplanned.

Eat close to the source. The healthiest food doesn't come in a wrapper.

To-do lists have their uses, but don't let them eclipse the serendipity in your life.

By Terri Trespicio

Do any of these speak to you?

The last one about to-do lists spoke to me. I need to lighten up and try living without one every now and then, but I feel as though there is always something to do for others, home and/or work. I might try doing without a list this weekend, but with that thought, I'm already compiling one in my head.

#161127 - 09/27/08 02:22 AM Re: Ten Thoughts on Whole Living [Re: Dotsie]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
I had 35 items written on my do-to list this week. 22 down and 13 to go. Whatever doesn't get get by tonight will be pushed back to next week. Some of the chores are several hours each, some fairly quick.

I think my life has more serendipity because I'm getting these things done.

Uh-oh, I just added another item...

Poet and essayist

#161144 - 09/27/08 12:12 PM Re: Ten Thoughts on Whole Living [Re: meredithbead]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Meredith, great point. "I think my life has more serendipity becasue I'm getting things done." I like the way you think.

I didn't make a list for this weekend and it doesn't feel right. I'm afraid I'm going to miss something, so I'm bagging this idea and making a list. This is causing me anxiety. I'd rather have my list and charge ahead. Thanks for your thoughts.

Thirty-five items? Holy Moly! What are you trying to do?

#161157 - 09/27/08 01:59 PM Re: Ten Thoughts on Whole Living [Re: Dotsie]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
If I don't have a list, I'm so distracted with the nagging thought that I'm forgetting something, that my day is fraught with anxiety and I always feel somewhat agitated. So even if there are only 2-3 things on the list and I don't even ever look at it again, I always have to tuck one into my purse or back pocket. Then I'm able to go peaceful (serendipitously?) through my day.

I think that's part of wisdom, knowing oneself enough to know one's limits and foibles (as well as strengths and gifts). Knowing that tucking a simple list into my purse gives me the freedom to enjoy the day, why fight it? Half the time I never even look at it, but for whatever strange reason, it frees me just by having it there.

But then, I've never had 35 things on my list... confused

Quote:
Be earth friendly by traveling lightly when you travel.

And I'm having a hard time with this one. We're heading out soon for a month in Europe...although I've tried to pack as lightly as possible, my suitcase (and part of hubby's too) is way too full! (There are good reasons for bringing several pairs of shoes, really there are!)

(Maya Angelou)

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved