The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 198 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#160765 - 09/24/08 01:34 AM Re: Whatcha gonna do??? [Re: Dotsie]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Here is one of my secrets in weight loss. Its what we stick in our mouth when we feel as Dotsie is mentio9ning above. Now meat has no carbs, none... It has no sugar either, it is protein and good for us. SO, ebvery week I buy chicken legs and breasts, I cut up the breasts about the size of a leg and then place an entire cooking sheet of them in the oven to bake... I slather them while cooking with diluted bar-b-que sauce or garlic and light E.V. oil. When well roasted I take them out let them cool and place three pieces in plastic bags. I freeze these bags and every morning take one out. If I have the urge to nibble I munch on one. I do this all day if need be, or one at night before bed. I lost 47 pounds so far doing this...It works.

I sent away for the Nutri-System food thinking maybe I could do better, faster but it didn't work for me. It was okay? But I have a sensitive flavor palate and the foods flavor though tasty, wasn't up to my standards. I prefer my own cooking.

I have a couple weeks $100.00 worth of Nutri-System food left untouched if anyone wants to try it. Its FREE, just help me pay the shipping to you...Let me know if interested.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#161013 - 09/26/08 12:44 AM Re: Whatcha gonna do??? [Re: chatty lady]
keyholes Offline

Loc: Ohio the heart of it all
Chatty, that sounds sort of like the Adkins diet, isn't it?

I do something similar. I buy a lot of boneless chicken breasts, they sell an excellent Amish brand here (no hormones, range fed) that are very lean, plump, and meaty. But I don't roast mine. I brush them with a little salt, pepper, tarragon (or whatever seasoning I like) and olive oil and grill them up on a George Foreman grill. Juicy and so tender when they come off. They make a great starter for a salad, lo-cal sandwich, etc. or are great warm with some veggies. Carbs are a problem for me though...I so love pasta and baked potatoes.

#161039 - 09/26/08 07:27 AM Re: Whatcha gonna do??? [Re: keyholes]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

No the Nutri-System plan isn't like the Atkins diet, they give you plenty of pasta dishes but its low carb the way they prepare it. There food is low salt and made up on the low glycemic plan. Its extremely convenient if you cook for one or hate to cook, its all microwaveable and needs no freezing so can be carried easily along wherever you go. Its good, I'm just too darn fussy...

#161075 - 09/26/08 05:38 PM Re: Whatcha gonna do??? [Re: chatty lady]
keyholes Offline

Oh Chatty...lol....I think my question was confusing blush I know what the Nutri-System is...it's blasted all over the TV.

But I wondered if there was a specific diet like Adkins you were following? I'm like you...I really don't like pre-prepared food. I was born, bred, and raised in a family loaded with good cooks. I cook a lot of my own meals from scratch, even as a single. I just prefer the taste of my own cooking/homemade food.

#161112 - 09/26/08 09:46 PM Re: Whatcha gonna do??? [Re: keyholes]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Yes Keyholes, there is a specific plan I follow, its my own. Not a diet either just a sensible way of eating and I am never hungry. I have never lost weight easier or quicker.

EXAMPLE: a days eating......

B= Tea w/ sugar free vanilla cream
Egg beater omelet with onion, mushroom, green
pepper, any veges you have available, add, and some cheese.
Slice of toast w/Promise and fresh tomatoes...

(OR) Tea, and oatmeal with 4 kind of fresh berries.

L= Usually tuna salad on heaps of shredded lettuce (OR) bar-b-qued broiled chicken with oriental vegetables oin the side.

D= Ususlly a turkey burger steak broiled with tiny red potatoes, and vegetables like green beans
(OR) A savory chicken or vegetable soup with brown rice or rice noodles. Then eat the meat from the soup served with icy cold tomatoes and onions with parsley.

Any meats and vegetables are good.

SNACKS, if you are hungry for something...I keep Yoplait different flavor yogurts, 60 calories...(OR) Jello, sugar free chocolate pudding.

I drink sugaqr free pink lemonade, plain ice water, and diet A$W root beer.

I have lost about 50 pounds since May when the BWS gals were here. It has been pretty easy so far.

#161120 - 09/26/08 11:11 PM Re: Whatcha gonna do??? [Re: chatty lady]
Mama Red Offline

Loc: Wauconda, IL
Hi Chatty

WOW!!!!!!!!!!! You've lost 50 lbs since May...holy moly, that is awesome! Your daily food sounds yummy....although I can't do the chicken since I'm allergic do it (and its one of the few foods I don't mind being allergic to...never liked it much anyway!).

Keep up the great work...you sound so disciplined (wish it was contagious...grin).

MamaRed (Jerilynne)
www.mamaredspeaks.com
www.onemillionacts.com
Coming Summer 2009 "Kick-Butt Kindness: 52 No Cost Ways to Ripple Kindness 'Round the World"

Let's create Kick-Butt-and-Take-Names Lives!

#161124 - 09/27/08 12:49 AM Re: Whatcha gonna do??? [Re: Mama Red]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

MamaRed, If I am able to and move back to Fox Lake or even Wauconda we can diet and hang and hang out together...Success rubs off! I am keeping my fingers crossed.

#161130 - 09/27/08 03:24 AM Re: Whatcha gonna do??? [Re: chatty lady]
keyholes Offline

Wow Chatty I am impressed. I really do need to watch the diet a lot more. I have a few friends who swore by the Adkins diet and they lost a lot of weight. What you're doing sounds soooooo easy too!! I just would like to shed the 20 pounds or so that seemed to gather since I got put on hormone replacement last year. That's been the #1 side effect for me and I hate it!!!

#161142 - 09/27/08 12:07 PM Re: Whatcha gonna do??? [Re: keyholes]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Keyholes and chatty, I make a lot of boneless chicken breast. I cut them up for salads. Salad with chicken is one of our staples. I use all different kinds of spices, suaces, oils and vinegars to flavor them. One of my favorites is marinating them in a balsamic vinigrette (sp?) salad dressing. Then it takes so good in the salad too.

chatty, we also keep the chocolate sugar free puddings in the house. Love those things.

#161161 - 09/27/08 04:19 PM Re: Whatcha gonna do??? [Re: chatty lady]
Mama Red Offline

Loc: Wauconda, IL
Oh yeah Chatty...so when ya moving (grin)? I am (finally) learning to hang out with those I want to emulate rather than those who make me feel "safe"....grin!

MamaRed (Jerilynne)
www.mamaredspeaks.com
www.onemillionacts.com
Coming Summer 2009 "Kick-Butt Kindness: 52 No Cost Ways to Ripple Kindness 'Round the World"

Let's create Kick-Butt-and-Take-Names Lives!

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved