The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 167 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#15998 - 10/27/03 07:42 PM Curves?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Anyone in here ever been involved with one of these places called Curves. They're popping up everywhere in Baltimore now.

I've heard they are great. Thirty minute workout, all women gym, great music. I'm tempted to see what it's all about. ANy in your town?

#15999 - 01/28/05 07:48 AM Re: Curves?
chichii Offline

Loc: Grande Prairie
There is one in my town. Haven't heard much about the company. Would like to learn more. I know walking helps to loose weight. Can't walk on ice during winter though. If anyone can be more detailed about Curves I might be interested. But I understand it can cost about one hundred and fifty dollars or so Canadian to join then sixty dollars a month there after. Is that motivation enough, NO so I would really, really have to be convinced that joining Curves would be a wise decision. I need to loose about forty to fifty pounds.At least I think so. chichii

#16000 - 01/28/05 06:20 PM Re: Curves?
Danita Offline

Loc: Colorado
Dotsie,

I have several friends who belong to curves in MD and they love it!

They have a simple program - and contests to motivate everyone.

I don't know what the cost is- I can find out if you want to know ahead of time!

Danita

#16001 - 01/28/05 06:51 PM Re: Curves?
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Are you kidding me? Dotsie is the Curves Queen...she's been going there for quite some time and then she stops off at Krispy Creme for a big donut...chocolate covered too.

Okay, I made that last part up...

Danita, some of these post are really old. One way to tell is to check out the date right about the post. Since you have friends that go there in MD though, you never know...they may even know our Dotsie, eh? Wouldn't that be cool? And make this big old world of ours even smaller?

JJ

#16002 - 01/28/05 09:15 PM Re: Curves?
Danita Offline

Oops. Guess I'm desperate to participate. ha.

yes, the world is getting smaller.

I can't believe there is such a large contingent from MD! And Lynn is in Colo.

Woo hooo!

Did you see Lynn's idea about getting us all on Oprah. Wouldn't that be a hoot!

I think we all should email her.

btw jj. you never came back with another joke. Did I top you?

D.

#16003 - 02/01/05 07:49 PM Re: Curves?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Yup, this is a very old post that was brought back from the dead.

I joined Curves shortly after posting the above. I've been going for over a year now. I love it and don't know what I'd do without it. The women are fantastic. The atmosphere is so encouraging. It's an awesome way to start the day.

#16004 - 02/01/05 11:05 PM Re: Curves?
Danita Offline

Dotsie,
Dotsie,

Very cool! I've heard good things about Curves.

I sooo prefer working out where there are NO MEN present. Don't ask me why.

Hey, I was wondering about your weight loss group on line. What's the scoup on that?

Danita

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved