The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 153 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#160016 - 09/16/08 02:06 PM Little stuff for the babies
Di Offline

Loc: NM, transplant from NJ
What can I give the girls (2 1/2 and 9 months old) from Nunna and Grandpa that is small yet fun? Don't want to inundate their parents with more "stuff".

DH and I will be seeing his granddaughters "in passing". They are coming thru this area on the way back from vacation. (driving). With their parents of course!

Thanks!

#160020 - 09/16/08 02:18 PM Re: Little stuff for the babies [Re: Di]
keyholes Offline

Loc: Ohio the heart of it all
Di, I'm thinking about the many times we drove up and down I75 in Ohio to visit my folks and in-laws and what they did to help us keep the kids amused in the car for several hours.

A few things pop in mind:

An etch-a-sketch is good for a toddler, and not messy!!! One of my kids had one and it went everywhere in the car with us. Low tech, but I don't know if they even still sell those.

Small stuffed animals or soft dolls they can play with or cuddle with to nap in the car?

Big, thick kiddie books? Dan's 2-year old granddaughter has a number of those large print, thick, heavy pre-school books that she loves to look at in the car seat. I think they even have some that play sounds or words.

We sometimes go to the Dollar Stores or find small amusing things while out looking at garage sales for Dan's grandkids that are inexpensive and small when Dan has the kids.

#161050 - 09/26/08 08:26 AM Re: Little stuff for the babies [Re: keyholes]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
What great ideas Keyhole. Di, give them nothing that makes noise or can spill, drives parents nuts. Coloring book and crayons works well in the car traveling or on the floor.The 9 month old won't really know whats going on but a nice cuddly doll/animal is always a safe bet.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#161059 - 09/26/08 03:28 PM Re: Little stuff for the babies [Re: chatty lady]
Di Offline

I got a couple of cute learning ABC books for the 2 1/2 yr old....and I have a couple of our Ducky Soaps for each girl. They are no fragrance...safe for the little ones. Each time we see them, which is not often, I give them a new one...what fun for their baths!

#161074 - 09/26/08 05:32 PM Re: Little stuff for the babies [Re: Di]
keyholes Offline

Chatty, we had to travel with the 4 kids (all rather close in age, too) quite a bit when they were small. It was a miracle when all 4 were quiet, occupied, and happy simultaneously.

Di, I'll have to check out the Ducky Soaps. That might be a good present for Dan's gdaughter sometime!

#161092 - 09/26/08 07:36 PM Re: Little stuff for the babies [Re: keyholes]
Di Offline

Well, today is NOT the day after all. frown They'd rather get right home.....the girls will have been in the vehicle, strapped into their car seats for a 9 hour drive.....and we do not want to put any undue pressure on them.

So, we'll go over to Tucson some time later on.

Keyholes......I'll need to get my photographer to get pics. If you can hang on, I'll get them for ya!

#161397 - 09/30/08 02:26 PM Re: Little stuff for the babies [Re: Di]
keyholes Offline

Cool!!! I'd love to see them. I don't have many small children in my life right now except for Dan's g-babies. But I enjoy making sure that I get them something fun or enjoyable for special occasion....they are just sooooooo adorable!

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved