The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 148 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#159314 - 09/09/08 05:04 PM whooshing sound/feeling in ears
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Hello friends I have a question. I fell last week. Short story: I ended up in ER. I was prescribed Percocette and Skelexcin, a muscle relaxant. Now I have a whooshing sound nad feeling in my ears. I'm sure it's related to the meds. I looked through web md. I found the topic of whooshing, but I cold not get clear reasons and/or ways to alleviate that, except of course to stop the meds. Does anyone have any experience with this? Is it serious, or just med related? Thanks for any help. L

#159342 - 09/09/08 08:39 PM Re: whooshing sound/feeling in ears [Re: Princess Lenora]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Princess so sorry you fell. My honest advice is to not fool around and check with your doctor immediately. Probably nothing but why not make sure. Maybe you scrambled your brain, LOL, sorry couldn't resist as bit of humor.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#159364 - 09/09/08 11:22 PM Re: whooshing sound/feeling in ears [Re: chatty lady]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
I've taken very little in my lifetime, but are these drugs Percocette and Skelexcin, habit forming? They seem a little excess from what I read about them on the net. I separated my muscles from my rib cage before, and I've had everything on my left side broken from a car wreck...I was given mild drugs both times. I think these might scare me. But then what do I know? I hit my head on the windshield...

#159373 - 09/10/08 12:00 AM Re: whooshing sound/feeling in ears [Re: jawjaw]
Princess Lenora Offline

Thanks for the replies. Yes, Percocette is habit forming, but my prescription is for 6 days only. I've never taken the Skelexin muscle relaxant before. The complication is that I fell on an implant, you know, from breast reconstruction surgery 5 years ago post-mastectomy. Although the implant itself is inert, thus no feeling, it felt like I had either burst the implant or separated it from the chest wall muscle that it (the implant) is affixed to. Even after 16 xrays, I am not convinced that I did not ruin an implant. To know that would require an ultrasound. The ER doc did not see/hear anything that would indicate a burst implant. Maybe the whooshing sound is saline leaking? Yikes, I just thought of that. Several years ago I fell off a horse. The helmet that was supposed to protect my head bumped onto my nose. I did not have any symptoms until a couple of days later, when my nose started running (not my nose itself) my nose was running constantly. When I got to the DR, it turns out my nose was broken, and the nose running? Cerebral fluid! So, Chatty, there's something to your humor! My brain cells ran through my nose. Well, I did not see "whooshing" as a side effect of percocette and/or skelaxin. Who nose, knows. We'll see what tomorrow brings. JJ, you must be one tough cookie. Did you really go through a windshield? That explains everything! L PL

#159375 - 09/10/08 12:14 AM Re: whooshing sound/feeling in ears [Re: Princess Lenora]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

God love you...you've had a hard time, haven't you? Please take care, PL...No girl...I didn't GO through the windshield...my head stopped me. And...I had on a seatbelt...AND...I had a airbag...the woman hit me three times...and T-boned me.

Talk about rattling your cage. I held up a card and gave her a 10 on that one!

#159381 - 09/10/08 12:39 AM Re: whooshing sound/feeling in ears [Re: jawjaw]
Princess Lenora Offline

Oh JJ, I'm glad you were protected from a full on head injury. It occurs to me that maybe the whooshing sound/feeling is a reaction to an inter action with other meds I'm on? Although the ER doc was very careful to choose a pain med/muscle relaxant that would not cause a reaction. You would think I would just call my DR. My GP has cancer! It's a serious stage, non-responsive to treatment. Geez. Hey JJ, when the woman hit you 3 times? Reminds of the scene in Fried Green Tomatoes where they are fighting over a parking space. You know the scene?

#159382 - 09/10/08 12:56 AM Re: whooshing sound/feeling in ears [Re: Princess Lenora]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

TA-WANDA!

#159384 - 09/10/08 03:53 AM Re: whooshing sound/feeling in ears [Re: jawjaw]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
ta-wanda? Oh, geeze, JJ - do you need one of those fashionable new white coats with the arms that strap in the back? And what did you do to make the other driver so angry?

PL, take care of yourself and get that checked out, k? We don't want you tipping over at the same time JJ falls out of her shoes - it would mean another head knocking for you both!

#159387 - 09/10/08 06:21 AM Re: whooshing sound/feeling in ears [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
Princess Lenora Offline

The last dose of percocette that I took has worn off and there is no whooshing in my head. Now, if it starts up again with this dose of Skelexin, then it's that. If not that, then a hit in the head with a hammer and/or lobotomy ought to fix what ails me. I'm glad to see we can use humor to rally round my brain condition(s). L PL

#159451 - 09/10/08 07:49 PM Re: whooshing sound/feeling in ears [Re: Princess Lenora]
Princess Lenora Offline

It was the percocette. Guess I can't take that one any more. It's funny how our metabolism changes. I used to take it for migraines. Now it plays head games with me. Oh, hey, you know, I did learn that pain meds aggravate dementia in the elderly. Talking to myself now.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved