The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 172 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#159213 - 09/08/08 10:27 PM Whatcha gonna do???
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
A few weeks ago my ex showed up at my door very early one morning. He looked as though someone had beat the crap out of him BUT as he explained he woke up that way. LONG story short he had had a stroke behind one eye and the blood vessels ruptured filling the eye with blood. He could barely see to walk around. He has no one, all relatives are long since dead. SOOOOO I told him to come in, and he has been here ever since getting well. He went back to work this week so should be able to leave. My friends say I am a fool for helping him and he doesn't deserve any kindness from me BUT I wouldn't kick a dog trying to bite me, and he was a soul in need. He couldn't drive to and from the doctor, or cook, couldn't see a thing as the other eye got all bloody and swollen as well. He has been a perfect gentleman and trying not to be messy or agrivating so if i am a fool then so be it. Would I do it again? Yep, I would. No one should be alone in a time like that. But he is one of the reasons I am plannig to move away from Vegas in the ot to far future...What would you have done in my place?

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#159217 - 09/08/08 10:52 PM Re: Whatcha gonna do??? [Re: chatty lady]
HappyWednesday Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Hello,
Good for you! Part of moving your life forward is forgiveness! I would hope if I was in the same situation, my former husband would help me!
Joanie

www.FreshStartAfterDivorce.com
jw@joanwinberg.com

#159257 - 09/09/08 06:57 AM Re: Whatcha gonna do??? [Re: HappyWednesday]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
I think you should be commended for it, Chatty. It is not about what the other has done to you in the past but, what you do at the present. And, when you can extend a helping hand to another regardless of what has transpired between the two of you, then what you do is nothing short of admirable. If there is anyone who appears foolish, it would be him. For letting you slip away.

#159271 - 09/09/08 07:28 AM Re: Whatcha gonna do??? [Re: Lola]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
It's good for you (and him too!) that your kindness can triumph over past hurts. Sometimes it's hard not to hold a grudge. You did the right thing. You can always kick him out again next week.

Poet and essayist

#159289 - 09/09/08 11:24 AM Re: Whatcha gonna do??? [Re: meredithbead]
Mountain Ash Offline

Chatty
You did the right thing.
If this allowed you to look forward to moving then thats good too.
I hope you find a place you will be happy to settle.
No one is stuck and you have moveable talent(crochet hooks are not heavy...your penmanship likewise...your love of animals and humans)
We are bigger people when we forgive.
Mountain ash

#159303 - 09/09/08 02:18 PM Re: Whatcha gonna do??? [Re: Mountain Ash]
Mama Red Offline

Loc: Wauconda, IL
Chatty

What a beautiful big heart you have! I don't know the background or circumstances of your situation AND I believe you did exactly what you felt you needed to do and if, in the process, you were able to create a center of peace and forgiveness, how amazing is that!

Congratulations for following your heart and doing what you think best at the time. Lots of love, light and healing to you!

MamaRed (Jerilynne)
www.mamaredspeaks.com
www.onemillionacts.com
Coming Summer 2009 "Kick-Butt Kindness: 52 No Cost Ways to Ripple Kindness 'Round the World"

Let's create Kick-Butt-and-Take-Names Lives!

#159312 - 09/09/08 04:23 PM Re: Whatcha gonna do??? [Re: Mama Red]
Di Offline

Loc: NM, transplant from NJ
That is a Random Act of Kindness, Chatty! A perfect specimen of "turning the other cheek". Do unto others as you what have them do unto you. The Golden Rule put into place in your "golden years".

I admire you!

#159326 - 09/09/08 07:38 PM Re: Whatcha gonna do??? [Re: Di]
Edelweiss2 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
How are you doing Chatty? Is he still with you?

You have a good heart for all helpless beings. Someday this will all come back to you; a thousand fold.

#159338 - 09/09/08 08:27 PM Re: Whatcha gonna do??? [Re: Edelweiss2]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Nope, he's gone home now and hopefully he will stay there. The doctors say that unless he is careful, next time it happens it could be a total stroke. I'm sorry but I am not up for 24/7 care of an invalid, especially one who is lucky I even open my door to him at all, for any reason... Hopefully he will take better care of himself.

#159676 - 09/13/08 12:49 AM Re: Whatcha gonna do??? [Re: ]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

I sure would love to but am stuck here for maybe another year. I have the dogs, the SPCA needss me and it just isn't a good time yet. I really want to get the he// out of Dodge so to speak however. Time will tell Anne. I have also thought seriously of opening my home up to women borders as a sort of group/fun place to be. I could accomodate 4 or 5 comfortably and that would mean 'cheap' rent for everyone. The ammenities I have here are awesome, pools, jacuzzis, tennis courts, librarys, exercise rooms, pool tables, putting greens, and very wide blacktop roads to walk or ride bikes etc. PLus I am only five miles from the famous Vegas Strip... But we'll see.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved