The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 130 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 8 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Topic Options
#157164 - 08/22/08 01:28 PM Re: Daughter and SIL Can't Catch a Break [Re: chatty lady]
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
The baby needs clothes... size 12 months.. that's for sure. She's going to be 7 months old soon. And, my daughter can't afford to buy her any new clothes.

My daughter and SIL don't need anything. I've handed down all my clothes to my daughter that are too big and don't fit me anymore. (One thing my daughter does need is underwear. She's wearing her nursing bras still because she doesn't fit back into her old bras yet. and they're worn out. I've meant to take her shopping but I just can't ... hubby took away all my credit cards cuz I spent too much on them already.)

My SIL, I don't know. He seems okay in that department. Not in the bra dept, just in clothes in general. He doesn't need anything. Just to not be so depressed. The doctors put him on Xanax.

As for anything else, they're on food stamps, so they have food. They need their bills paid, but my ex has sent them some money so that will take care of this month. That should help them get through until Access kicks in. It'll arrive probably by Monday. He sent it to me, so I'll have to cash the Money Order and give the kids the money.

I'm buying them formula and diapers and drop ins (liners for the baby bottles) because that's what they seem to run out of most of all.

Chickadee.. thanks.. I didn't think of the S.A. I'll call them and see what they can do.
Your Writing Coach
Writing Coach Blog

#157171 - 08/22/08 02:51 PM Re: Daughter and SIL Can't Catch a Break [Re: Vicki M. Taylor]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I'm still thinking a support group would be great for them. They're addressing a new baby, a brain surgery, being out of work - all of which they need to share with others going through similar.

And you're right, they so have lots to be thankful for. Maybe a little daily inspirational book or calendar might help.

#157277 - 08/23/08 06:59 PM Re: Daughter and SIL Can't Catch a Break [Re: Dotsie]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Vicki can you PM me your address so I can send some stuff to you for the baby...Thanks!

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#158961 - 09/06/08 07:02 PM Re: Daughter and SIL Can't Catch a Break [Re: chatty lady]
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Here's and update on how things are going with the kids.

They've had to move out of their house as they can't pay their mortgage with both of them out of work and SIL not able to do anything for 6 months. That's a long time to not be able to pay your mortgage.

And, the person holding the mortgage is SIL's mother. And, she's the person who told them they had to move out. She's been very mean and selfish and very controlling about the whole situation and the stress on the kids was overwhelming. She told them to either move to my house or move to my daughter's dad's (my ex's). If we had the room, I would have let them move in with me in a heartbeat. But, we didn't.

We didn't have the $$ to pay their mortgage either. Not for 6 months. We found out that SIL's mother had told her side of the family that everything was ok and that kids didn't need anything. We only found this out just now.

The kids had nowhere to go, but to my ex's. Nearly 2000 miles away in Arizona. Tucson, to be exact. They left right before Labor Day. They wanted to be gone before Gustav hit. I've been grieving ever since.

But, they promised me it wouldn't be a permanent move. Just temporary. My ex and his wife are going to help them get back on their feet. Help SIL heal and give him the 6 months he needs to get his brain back from being "mush" in a stress free environment. My daughter is going to get a job, part time at first then they're going to save money (ex and wife are going to let them live there rent and board free) until they have enough to come back. Not back to SIL's mother.

That situation is over. She is going to sell the house. If she can considering the market.

I want to publicly thank Chatty for doing all she did for my granddaughter and daughter. She is a true angel sent from heaven.

If you want to read how I've done through my grieving process I blogged about it at

http://www.vickimtaylor.com/blogs

Thank you all for your support and kindness and prayers through all of this. I miss my daughter and granddaughter so much, my heart breaks to think about it.
Your Writing Coach
Writing Coach Blog

#158968 - 09/06/08 08:23 PM Re: Daughter and SIL Can't Catch a Break [Re: Vicki M. Taylor]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Oh Vicki...I keep thinking that God has a plan for all of this, and that things will look up for them. What burdens! I'm so grateful they have you in their corner and your hubby. I cannot imagine living in the heart of the woman who owns the house and not showing them compassion. Karma...it will return to her.

I'm off to read your blog. Yes, Chatty is an angel to all that know her.

#159212 - 09/08/08 10:16 PM Re: Daughter and SIL Can't Catch a Break [Re: jawjaw]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Oh my Vicki and JJ, I am snickering at your lovely comments above. There are those that know me that might call me anything but an angel... I am an Italian, a passionate woman and am not afraid to open my mouth to defend the oppressed, animals or human beings...I have been called many things, but Angel, not so much, LOL!!!

Vicki it was as I told you, my pleasure, I truly enjoyed myself...

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

Page 8 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved