The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 172 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#158374 - 09/01/08 01:20 AM A need for connecting again at BWS
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Ladies,

I've read most of the topics and posts that seem to be causing controversy. However, I'm on vacation and have not been reading everything. It is very disheartening to see this kind of interaction, especially while I'm on vacation. I usually love clicking in to my home away from home. It usually brings me tremendous joy to come here and connect with all my cyber sisters.

I read where someone said they are very unhappy here. Anyone who doesn't feel connected, encouraged, or supported, should certainly find a forum where their thoughts and words are best supported, and I suggest that they research and find another forum home on the Internet.

I will not tolerate name calling, lashing out, or any other kind of ugliness.

I want to address the "White Christian Conservative" post and say I was hurt and offended by the remarks made there. I have two adopted children from Korea, friends of differing faith backgrounds and races, women in the forums of differing - or no faith backgrounds so I am confused as to the remarks made within that post.

The policy of this forum has been, and will continue to be that if you have a problem, email me. Nothing of this nature has ever reached my ears. This is the first I've heard of it. This disappoints me greatly.

We have enjoyed 5+ years of harmony, healing, and friendships. Heck, several women have gone out of their way here to meet face to face. It is my prayer that we can continue on in the same spirit.

I will repeat. If you have a problem, bring it to my attention. Do NOT post your arguments in the forums. It is not the place and it will not be tolerated.

Thank you all so much for the wonderful support and understanding that you've always shown each other here in the forums. I'm confident we can do it again.

If you still have concerns, please let me know.

Blessings, Dotsie - (who remains on vacation and will not be answering email, though will check private messages occasionally these next few days.)

#158411 - 09/01/08 02:34 PM Re: A need for connecting again at BWS [Re: Dotsie]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
Thank you Dotsie, we appreciate all you do.

#158452 - 09/02/08 12:05 AM Re: A need for connecting again at BWS [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Dotsie and JJ,
Very few of us know what goes on behind the scenes of a forum such as this one. The day to day operation that keeps it going, running smoothly so to speak. As the sole Moderator of another site of all writers, I have had a taste of the problems faced by those in control. When someone sends a message complaining, they rarely understand that theirs was just one of maybe dozens also sent. Everyone has a side and yet you take no side. This last week I had to make a decision because of serious time constraints, whether to remain moderator of the other site, or an active member of this BWS site... No contest!! BWS won hands down. The atmosphere here is one of love, comraderie and hope. You dear Dotsie are the key, and have picked the best of the best to help you, in JJ. I agree 100% if anyone can't be happy here and feel the love, then they should go elsewhere. I for one have been on the other side and can attest to all that "the grass is NOT greener." I agree with Dancing Dolphin and want to also thank you for starting this website and for all you do to keep it the remarkable place it is for us all... THANK YOU!!!

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#158455 - 09/02/08 04:46 PM Re: A need for connecting again at BWS [Re: chatty lady]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Thank you ladies for your understanding and support. As most of you know, the forums were down most of yesterday afternoon and all evening. If you lost some post, please forgive...I know I did! If you'd like, just simply re-post.

Again, thank you kindly for your words of encouragement!

#158462 - 09/02/08 05:26 PM Re: A need for connecting again at BWS [Re: jawjaw]
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
Dotsie,
I apologize to you. I'm very sorry. You have been nothing but kind to me.
I tried several times to PM you, actually three times and got the message that your box was full.
I would have kept trying but the pressure put on me was too much to bear.
I will, in the future, and if I am here, address you with these issues and again, I tried very hard to reach you with my pain from the forum.
How do I reach you? What is a good email for you?
You are a good and kind woman with nothing but good intentions and I know this.
But if a member is banging on another member I think we need an impartial person to put the problem to bed as soon as possible.
Things were blown out of proportion for reasons I believe I know. They are not for this forum, but I would like to write to you whether I stay or go.
I think my truth has a right to be heard as well as anyone elses and I know you, Dotsie, would listen and understand.

Dancer

"Question your privilege"

#158465 - 09/02/08 05:38 PM Re: A need for connecting again at BWS [Re: dancer9]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Dancer, Dotsie's email is dots@boomerwomenspeak.com and can be obtained through any of the pages of www.boomerwomenspeak.com or any page on the www.nabbw.com

You can always PM me and ask for Dotsie's email should you loose it, or need it. I am online nearly 24/7.

#158467 - 09/02/08 05:44 PM Re: A need for connecting again at BWS [Re: jawjaw]
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
thank you, Jaw Jaw, and thank you both for caring about the thread causing me pain.
I will email you or Dotsie from now on. I'm sorry, but again, I didn't know where to look for the contact email.
I thought of contacting you as well but did not know if that was protocal or not.
I will, in the future, use email.

Dancer

"Question your privilege"

#158483 - 09/02/08 07:10 PM Re: A need for connecting again at BWS [Re: dancer9]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Hey gals, still posting from the beach. Ahhh, what a view - beach to the front, bay to the back. It won't be too long and I'll be back on the home front able to catch up with all the posts.

Thanks for the kind words about these forums. It is very rare that moderating here feels like a job. Ninety-nine percent of the time, it's all good. So let's put all of htis behind us and carry on with grace.

Gracious, I was dying here when the sies were down. Every now and then, for some odd reason, our server goes down. I'm waiting to hear the reason for this, but meantime I saw the site was up and decided to post again. Things are looking up.

#158486 - 09/02/08 07:12 PM Re: A need for connecting again at BWS [Re: Dotsie]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Hi Dotsie! at the beach? Sounds great! You are a generous and gracious person. L, PL

#158523 - 09/02/08 10:53 PM Re: A need for connecting again at BWS [Re: Princess Lenora]
Saundra Offline

Loc: Daytona Beach, Florida
I hope you're not on a beach in Florida, Dotsie. It's a very active hurricane season. I'm happy to learn you're on vacation...and coming back.
www.gotteethguide.com for your Free Tips

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved