The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 161 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#158384 - 09/01/08 11:59 AM Re: Life Coaches [Re: hotflashgal]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
Yes, HFG, the are expensive. I feel, however, that if you pick the correct program, you get your moneys worth. The program I joined had four three-day weekend seminars (very full days), personal coaching for about 6 months, once a week, tele-conferences once a month, extra support, if you wanted it, and other goodies. I grew quite alot, at a time when I really needed to grow.

As far as price indicating a better program? I wouldn't go for the cheapest, but there is a corolation between money and product. I know people who have done it all online (not for me-too impersonal), "university" programs (a bit stilted for me), and others. Look around. See what feels right. If it is a good program they should be happy to talk with you for FREE at least one time, if not more. They should also not be selling you a program, but a chance for personal growth. That should be the first sell.

Hope this helps. Ann

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#158386 - 09/01/08 12:45 PM Re: Life Coaches [Re: Anno]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I have a friend who is a life coach and very good at it. I'll contact her when I get back and see what she has to say.

We did a teleseminar on life coaching with the NABBW. It's archived on the Members Only page at NABBW. However, it's not about becoming a life coach. It's about using one.

#158419 - 09/01/08 03:15 PM Re: Life Coaches [Re: Dotsie]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Good reminder about the NABBW life coach. Thanks, Dotsie. Will check it out.

#158434 - 09/01/08 07:05 PM Re: Life Coaches [Re: Princess Lenora]
Mama Red Offline

Loc: Wauconda, IL
Hi all

I have worked with both certified life coaches and those who are life coaches by choice and avocation and natural inclination. I look forward to hearing what others are saying here too! Especially since I love doing, and receiving, coaching. I've heard mixed messages about whether certification is useful, necessary, worth the money, etc.
One of my dear friends is a Certified Dream Coach (http://www.dreamcoach.com/) and LOVES the program because of Marcia Weider's approach to coaching. This is one of those women who has a lifelong love of helping others, getting certifications, and sharing her spiritual path.
Another of my dear friends has chosen the Hendricks program (http://www.hendricks.com/) and loves it because of the focus on laughter and joy in the process.
Those might be ones to check out for those of you considering certification!
There are soooooo many options, aren't there? And, for me anyway, the toughest part is in getting clients and pricing. It took me a while to pick my "niche" of rewriting stories and helping people discover and live their passions. I wish each of you the best in making your decision and if there is anything I can do to be of help, please a let me know. Since I’m not currently going for certification, I’m not much value in that area (other than what I’ve read) and I would be happy to share anything I’ve learned while I’ve been traveling this path.
Gims…do you have an idea of what you’re looking to achieve by hiring a life coach? Since there are many approaches and many different specialties, knowing what you’re expecting, even if in a general sense, could help you narrow your search a little bit.

MamaRed (Jerilynne)
www.mamaredspeaks.com
www.onemillionacts.com
Coming Summer 2009 "Kick-Butt Kindness: 52 No Cost Ways to Ripple Kindness 'Round the World"

Let's create Kick-Butt-and-Take-Names Lives!

#158435 - 09/01/08 07:30 PM Re: Life Coaches [Re: Mama Red]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Thanks MR for the links. Will check it out. I found a thread about Dotsie using a life coach. The thread is under "announcements" and begins with post # 93923. I don't know how to post the link or I would. PL

#158443 - 09/01/08 08:24 PM Re: Life Coaches [Re: Princess Lenora]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
PL, the link for that thread is below.

Coaching Thread

#158456 - 09/02/08 04:47 PM Re: Life Coaches [Re: Princess Lenora]
Mama Red Offline

Loc: Wauconda, IL
My pleasure...I would love to hear your thoughts after you read the information and what you decide.

If you had talked to me several years ago, I would have told you it was a waste of time and money. Funny that I'm now "one of *those* people" ... grin.

MamaRed (Jerilynne)
www.mamaredspeaks.com
www.onemillionacts.com
Coming Summer 2009 "Kick-Butt Kindness: 52 No Cost Ways to Ripple Kindness 'Round the World"

Let's create Kick-Butt-and-Take-Names Lives!

#158560 - 09/03/08 02:44 AM Re: Life Coaches [Re: Anno]
hotflashgal Offline

Loc: New Jersey
Thanks Ann....I spent a good part of the day searching yesterday and today I contacted 3 women who posted testimonials on Coach Training Alliance . One of the ladies responded quickly and confirmed what she had said in her testimonial. She was very open to sharing her thoughts and opinions. I love working with women!

Cost is a huge consideration for me with two in college, so I am looking for the a solid, basic, first step program that will help me enhance my current business as well as possibly stepping into the world of coaching. Then possibly, I could continue training if I choose to.

I just wanted to share what I have found. There are soooo many.

#158680 - 09/04/08 03:33 AM Re: Life Coaches [Re: hotflashgal]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
Princess Leonara, you might also want to consider small group facilitation and coaching.

It is one area I need to take some courses..probably through a local university or college. In several of my jobs, my work does involve employee group training and understanding organizational information needs which includes focus group work. I do enjoy adult instruction and feel I must broaden to group facilitation.

#158681 - 09/04/08 03:33 AM Re: Life Coaches [Re: hotflashgal]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
Princess Leonara, you might also want to consider small group facilitation and coaching.

It is one area I need to take some courses..probably through a local university or college. In several of my jobs, my work does involve employee group training and understanding organizational information needs which includes focus group work. I do enjoy adult instruction and feel I must broaden to group facilitation.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved