The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 171 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#158277 - 08/31/08 06:03 PM Life Coaches
hotflashgal Offline

Loc: New Jersey
Hi Ladies,

Does anyone have any experiences regarding life coach training?

#158279 - 08/31/08 06:15 PM Re: Life Coaches [Re: hotflashgal]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
I would be interested in following this as well. When you google Life Coach, lots of education & certification sites crop up, but how would one know which to choose? And, if you've got a certification, how do you collect clients/ We have lots of life coaches on BWS/NABBW. PL

#158281 - 08/31/08 06:17 PM Re: Life Coaches [Re: hotflashgal]
gims Offline

Loc: USA

Ever since I joined BWS, where I learned of life coaching, I've been interested in consulting with one. I've even bookmarked several locals on my pc.

I can't wait to hear what others have to say in response to your question, hotflashgirl.

#158292 - 08/31/08 07:03 PM Re: Life Coaches [Re: gims]
Princess Lenora Offline

Hi Gims, I hope the LCs pick up this thread soon. I am eager to hear too. In my case, I don't want to consult one, I wanted to be a LC. This, on the heels of being social worker, which was way too sad and desperate for me to take on a daily basis. For LC, I have a specialty in mind. A couple of years ago I did research on LC, but did not know how to set it up. Do you read Martha Beck's column in Oprah magazine? She's a life coach, and I think she teaches life coach.

#158297 - 08/31/08 07:26 PM Re: Life Coaches [Re: Princess Lenora]
Princess Lenora Offline

Gims, on BWS, go to "user list" (see above) and scroll under "occupation" and you can see who has been listed as a life coach.

#158298 - 08/31/08 07:26 PM Re: Life Coaches [Re: Princess Lenora]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
I rarely read magazines, but I'll check it out. Seems like the life coach market has been flooded. I think you'd be a good one, though. What does the training involve?

#158299 - 08/31/08 07:29 PM Re: Life Coaches [Re: Princess Lenora]
Princess Lenora Offline

Hotflash, the above was a suggestion for you too, but I forgot to address you, and my edit feature had me timed out. Sorry

#158367 - 08/31/08 11:18 PM Re: Life Coaches [Re: Princess Lenora]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
Hi Ladies

I am a life coach, although since I am so busy dealing with life these days, I do not practice.

If you are interested in training, check out the International Coaching Federation website. They are the ones who determine which coach training organizations are the best.

I went to training in Sonoma, CA. I absolutely loved my training. It is as much about improving yourself, as learning to help others figure out what they want. If you want the name of the coach training I went through, pm me and I will put you in touch with them.

I will be happy to share what I have learned over the years about training, what coaching is, how to find a coach, etc.,if anyone wants to know.

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#158371 - 08/31/08 11:33 PM Re: Life Coaches [Re: Anno]
Princess Lenora Offline

Anno, I for one have been interested in being certified as a life coach, for at least 5 years. I'm sorry to hear you cannot practice something you like to do. I know I would enjoy the training, but it's the marketing I worry about. I actually don't know what to ask. I hope the others who are interested will pop in again and ask what is on their minds. It's so good of you to offer your expertise. L, PL

#158375 - 09/01/08 01:21 AM Re: Life Coaches [Re: Anno]
hotflashgal Offline

Loc: New Jersey
Thanks Anno! From what I gather, these programs are rather expensive. Do you think one is better than another? Does a higher price indicate a better program?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved