The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 110 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#157091 - 08/21/08 09:25 PM Fudgy Brownies with Fudge Icing
muskateerette Offline

Loc: southwestern Idaho
My husband absolutely loves these brownies, and if you give them a try, you will also see that he likes to have a little brownie with his icing!

Fudgy Brownies

1 cup butter
4 squares unsweetened baking chocolate
2 cups sugar
4 eggs
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup coarsely chopped pecans or walnuts

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 13" x 9" baking pan. In a 3-quart saucepan, over very low heat, melt butter and chocolate, stirring the mixture constantly.

2. Remove pan from heat, and with a spoon stir the sugar into the chocolate.

3. Add eggs, one at a time, beating until well blended after the addition of each egg.

4. Add the flour, vanilla and salt to the mixture and stir in well.

5. Stir in chopped nuts.

6. Pour batter into greased baking pan, scraping the side of saucepan with a rubber spatula. Smooth batter to spread evenly. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes.

7. Brownies are done when toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack. Makes 36

Fudge Icing

1/2 cup shortening
2 cups sugar
3 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate
2/3 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons vanilla

1. Mix all ingredients except vanilla in 2-1/2 quart saucepan.

2. Heat to rolling boil, stirring occasionally. Boil 1 minute without stirring.

3. Place pan of icing in bowl of ice and water. Beat icing with electric hand mixer until smooth and spreading consistency. This will take about 5 minutes, but be sure to test the mixture with a knife to make sure it is set. Stir in vanilla.

4. Ice brownies that are completely cool, and cut into bars.

Tip: I put the brownies in the refrigerator for a few hours to set the icing. This makes them easier to cut

[url=http://theheartofthehomeblog.blogspot.com
"A recipe and hospitality blog"

#157282 - 08/23/08 07:25 PM Re: Fudgy Brownies with Fudge Icing [Re: muskateerette]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
My ex made the best brownies and I truly believe I kept him around longer than I should have because of those fabulous brownies. Muskateerette, these sound scrumptous and I will try them. I think a browie isn't a brownie unless it has nuts, the more the better. My ex use to put coconut in his too and it made them really moist and chewy... Oh crap, now I'm hungry again!!!

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#157404 - 08/24/08 08:22 PM Re: Fudgy Brownies with Fudge Icing [Re: chatty lady]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
This recipe is a keeper, so I started a recipe folder on my computer desk top. Thanks!

#157479 - 08/25/08 05:58 AM Re: Fudgy Brownies with Fudge Icing [Re: Princess Lenora]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
Brownies are one of my emergency bad-day tools. This is a keeper, like lynn said. I usually use a box mix, but will do this one for special occasions.

Did anyone get the Sept. issue of Better Homes and Gardens? In it they have several pie recipes that look soooo good!

#157679 - 08/26/08 07:51 PM Re: Fudgy Brownies with Fudge Icing [Re: gims]
Sadie Offline

Loc: MD
Those brownies recipe looks so tasty . Just reading it makes me hungry for some . Oh, the diet . Yikes !

I have a recipe for "Peach Cobbler" make with Bisquick if anyone is interested . Princess ?

Renee

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved