The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 159 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 6 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#160944 - 09/25/08 02:37 PM Re: How did you meet your husband, or S.O? [Re: chatty lady]
Sandpiper Offline

Loc: Kissimmee, Florida
I love reading all of our stories. It's amazing how we each found love in our lives. Beautiful, wonderful stories! Glad this thread was started and for all the sharing with us.
www.tidedancer.com

#161094 - 09/26/08 07:50 PM Re: How did you meet your husband, or S.O? [Re: Mama Red]
judym Offline

Loc: AL
Thanks for the kudos, Mama Red! Sometimes I feel like I really disappointed my parents and all, I was incredibly selfish at that age and very headstrong- and that I probably will carry always. My younger sis had a large wedding and admitted the other day that if to do over, she'd never put Mom and Dad thru that, it was so stressful and costly for them.

Our first born son is engaged now, and marrying his lady love next year- plans are in the making and starting to grow. To tell the truth, I'd really hate not to be there at their wedding, and I'm really glad they are doing it "right". At least my DIL to be will have her special day(and I truly do love her- they are really happy, and she "completes him" Not that our marriage wasn't special,it wasn't fancy at all but fit us- it was just couched in so many hard things with my family, and it's sad not to have any of your own family at your wedding. We were very young, headstrong and determined- and that has carried us thru many years of true happiness.We believe in our vows and they were very serious to us, that took us above the hardship and the wagging tongues, the hurt I felt from my parents not giving blessings initially, the hurt of the parish priest that was reluctant to marry us- his first statement was if I were pregnant.Considering the brief time of our engagement, in retrospect I would think the same thing...but still! That was just wrong, since DH would have married in my church. We married in DH church, as I said after a brief prenup counsel,with results that still amaze me- they were more tolerant and understanding. Sometimes you have to price happiness for yourself above the wishes of others- but it still makes you wince sometimes or cry! But no regrets, glad I have spent over half of my life with this kind, thoughtful, gentle man who always puts family above anything else. A true thing he learned from his mother, and we have passed to our sons- what a good, honest heritage!

#161095 - 09/26/08 07:59 PM Re: How did you meet your husband, or S.O? [Re: judym]
Mountain Ash Offline

A good Mother...passing on to your husband trues values.
Mountain ash

#161205 - 09/28/08 01:29 AM Re: How did you meet your husband, or S.O? [Re: dancer9]
NYWoman Offline

Loc: California
My husband Steve and I were pen pals. I was writing to a young soldier in Viet Nam. This young soldier told his buddy Steve (who was home in the San Francisco Bay Area) that he might enjoy writing to me. I am a native New Yorker and lived in Queens.

So Steve and I started writing to each other. Then he telephoned me around November, 1971. I made the decision to travel to the San Francisco Bay Area to meet Steve in February, 1972.

We were married in June, 1972. We celebrated our 36th anniversary this year.

This is a very short version of our story.

#161255 - 09/28/08 09:38 PM Re: How did you meet your husband, or S.O? [Re: judym]
Mama Red Offline

Loc: Wauconda, IL
Dear Judy

Ah, the headstrong nature of our youth...it sounds as though you have made a wonderfully wise decision and made choices that carried on your loving nature and passion for being true to yourself. Based on what your sister says, it sounds to me like you gave them a true gift! And not only in saving them the hassle and expense of a big wedding...by raising your precious children to carry on the love, strength and desire of them...and you.

Deepest congratulations on the impending wedding...may you all enjoy it, without guilt or remorse!

MamaRed (Jerilynne)
www.mamaredspeaks.com
www.onemillionacts.com
Coming Summer 2009 "Kick-Butt Kindness: 52 No Cost Ways to Ripple Kindness 'Round the World"

Let's create Kick-Butt-and-Take-Names Lives!

#161316 - 09/29/08 02:29 PM Re: How did you meet your husband, or S.O? [Re: Mama Red]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
NYWoman, what a great way to begin a relationship. I guess it's similar to people meeting online today, then traveling to meet. So you traveled from NY to CA to meet him? What an adventurous gal you were.

judy, happy to hear your son is marrying one who completes him. I pray that for my children.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts about your wedding. I have a regret about ours too. We were so not into church when we married that we didn't want to get married in one. How awful is that? Anyway, the priest said we had to say our vows in a church so we had our immediate fmaily to the church, said our vows and were out of there. We then got married outside with none of the people attending knowing we were technically already married. Oh to be young and stupid!

#161457 - 10/01/08 01:27 AM Re: How did you meet your husband, or S.O? [Re: Dotsie]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
You could do it up right this time Dots, and get married again wherever you wanted to. Many couples renew their vows, you could too. The kids could be your wedding party, how cool is that?

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#163262 - 10/20/08 03:21 AM Re: How did you meet your husband, or S.O? [Re: chatty lady]
AmyDoodle Offline

Loc: South Carolina
My husband was the best man at my first wedding. 'Nuff said!

#163296 - 10/20/08 02:50 PM Re: How did you meet your husband, or S.O? [Re: AmyDoodle]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Amy, not enough said. I want to hear more! Are your ex and hubby still friends or is that a stupid question?

Edited by Dotsie (10/20/08 02:50 PM)

#163374 - 10/21/08 03:15 AM Re: How did you meet your husband, or S.O? [Re: AmyDoodle]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: AmyDoodle
My husband was the best man at my first wedding. 'Nuff said!
Cracking UP!!! I filled in the blanks and laughed accordingly. Maybe there's more to it than we'll know for sure. I DO know, I'd never marry my DH's best man - yeckkkk!

Page 6 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved