The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 127 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 5 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#158416 - 09/01/08 03:04 PM Re: How did you meet your husband, or S.O? [Re: Anno]
Mama Red Offline

Loc: Wauconda, IL
Oh Anno...I love it and I soooooo get what you mean by hearing the voice and feeling connected...and then when you get talking and find those commonalities. That is where I went too and I met a lot of "interesting" guys.

MamaRed (Jerilynne)
www.mamaredspeaks.com
www.onemillionacts.com
Coming Summer 2009 "Kick-Butt Kindness: 52 No Cost Ways to Ripple Kindness 'Round the World"

Let's create Kick-Butt-and-Take-Names Lives!

#158431 - 09/01/08 06:03 PM Re: How did you meet your husband, or S.O? [Re: Anno]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Anno, given our maturity, it's good that he had hair!

#160505 - 09/21/08 11:19 PM Re: How did you meet your husband, or S.O? [Re: ladyjane]
Dee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Wow...so many wonderful love stories...melts my heart to hear them and to know that despite everything we can find love that lasts....so far.

Larry and I were a match.com romance...I won't bore you with the details again cuz I think I've shared them before...5 years almost to the day since we met (Sep 30th 2003) and we'll be married 4 years next March. I will tell you about today because it was so sweet.

I bought Larry an IPhone a couple of months ago and he is attached at the hip to that thing...today he was loading songs into it and we were looking at choices...I spotted a Mama's and Papa's song and asked him to play it...it was "Dedicated to the One I Love". I grabbed him and we started dancing in the kitchen. When the song got to the words that say..."Each night before you go to bed, my baby.....whisper a little prayer for me my baby...." and I looked up at Larry and he had big tears in his eyes...he squeezed me tightly and held me for the longest time while we continued to slowly dance to the music. I could tell he was fighting hard not to cry. I looked up at him and asked..."Baby, are you happy?" He smiled, more tears in his eyes, "More than you'll ever know...I love you so much." Wellllllllllll, that did it...then my tears started.
I remember there was a time when online dating had a stigma about it...I didn't want anyone to know I was trying to date that way...but, now...after what God brought me, I proudly shout it from the roof top.

#160510 - 09/21/08 11:38 PM Re: How did you meet your husband, or S.O? [Re: Dee]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Dee believe me you and Larry are a couple out of millions that have made the right connection. I so envy that, but you two are a couple in a million and those odds are to tough for me. Been there - done that!

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#160545 - 09/22/08 07:01 AM Re: How did you meet your husband, or S.O? [Re: chatty lady]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Dee, what a touching story smile I'm so glad for both of you.

Poet and essayist

#160550 - 09/22/08 09:09 AM Re: How did you meet your husband, or S.O? [Re: meredithbead]
Mountain Ash Offline

Lovely story Hi Dee.missed you.

How did I meet my husband...

KNEW

#160551 - 09/22/08 09:18 AM Re: How did you meet your husband, or S.O? [Re: Mountain Ash]
Mountain Ash Offline

OOPS
Finger slipped.

How did I meet my husband.
"Knew" him long before I met him...waited until I recognised him and the rest is history.
this was clear to me when I saw how seamlessly life was and how wanted and loved our babies were.
I still love returning home to him... and neither growing older or illness has changes how I feel.

My Grandmother said to met that some people are meant to be together..I understand that.
Mounatian ash

#160555 - 09/22/08 12:04 PM Re: How did you meet your husband, or S.O? [Re: Mountain Ash]
Edelweiss2 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
Gosh, finally found the time to read this thread. So many beautiful stories, and it is heart warming to “feel” the love that you all have in your relationships.

When I met my Hubby it was hate at first sight.

I was skiing in Switzerland, and I was a lousy skier. Gosh those mountains are BIG. My friend and I found a beginners trail that led along side of the mountain. It had a slight slope, but it was narrow. Well, we were snow plowing along, when suddenly we heard a bunch of skiers skid to a stop behind us. One of the guys yelled, “Move over!” Before we could even sidestep, they sped past us, almost knocking us off the slope.

At the bottom of the trail, we met up with the group who were waiting for the connecting bus to the gondola. I went up to the “leader of the pack”, and told him in my broken German how careless he was; and that he practically knocked us off the slope. Boy was I mad!

In the hotel that evening at the dinner table, Mr. Speedy Gonzales was placed directly across the table from me. He invited me to a glass of wine as a token of a truce. I accepted, and we got married 3 months later.

I was so scared at the wedding, that I almost cancelled the last minute.
Now we’ve been married 34 years. Sometimes he is still trying to knock me off that slope! But I’m holding on, and despite all our ups and downs, we have many more ups…which makes skiing really interesting.

#160558 - 09/22/08 12:44 PM Re: How did you meet your husband, or S.O? [Re: Edelweiss2]
Dee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Mountain...you have the most wonderful love story and it's still going to this day...I envy you and what you've had all these years. I hope it continues, sweetheart.

Edelweiss...I know your story and you're the strongest woman I know...you have my admiration and keep on skiing...and when he needs it, give him what for!!! I'm glad the ups are more frequent now...

Chatty...never say never.

Merideth..thank you sweetie...

Hugs

#160804 - 09/24/08 10:29 AM Re: How did you meet your husband, or S.O? [Re: Dee]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Dee its hard not to never say never believe me...

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

Page 5 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved