The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 146 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#157670 - 08/26/08 06:53 PM Re: How did you meet your husband, or S.O? [Re: ladyjane]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Okay since you guys have asked me in PM's. I will explain how I met my husband #2. I worked for a freezer meat company in Indiana at the time and my son and I lived with my mom and stepdad. She helped me watch my baby who was two at that time...For payment, I would fill the freezer I bought for them every couple of months.

Anyhow...My boss said to me one day, I am opening a business in Niles, Illinois and would like you to go up there and stay for a couple of weeks and meet the butchers, open the office and hire and train an office manager. He said there is a nice bonus in it for you. My mom agreed to keep my son and later that week off we went, he drove me.

The new place was very nice. He then took me to a Motel some distance away and said, the bus stops across the street OR ask the man who owns the restaurant how to get there, I have paid for your room and he will bill me for any extras, have fun and be careful, and remember who's girl you are. We had been dating.

The next motrning I went outside and saw that the place was shaped like a U. The restaurant was on one end and the rooms were all along the rest of the U. With a pool in the center.

I walked into thre restaurant and asked the man inside for breakfast and showed him a piece of paper I had with the address of the office written on it. He said out loud, hey Chet, you live near here right? This handsome older man in a nice sports jacket with curly dark hair, peeked out over his newspaper and said, live where" He walked over to the booth I was now eating breakfast in and said, looking at the paper I had, and said, yeah I do, a couple blocks away. The man introduced us and then the owner said, "this little lady could use a lift, would you mind?" Chet sat down after asking me if it was okay, had some coffee and we talked awhile and when finished eating I said, I really should be going. As we left the restaurant with the assurances of the owner, he said he'd known Chet for many years and he was a respectfable businessman in the area, and I'd be safe with him. Well, when we walked outside I saw this really nasty, dirth looking truck parked in front of the pool and my heart sank. I thought what is this guy, a farmer? I went to grab the door handle and Chet said, wait, this way. Well on the other side of tis truck was parked a burgundy red cadillac convertible with white interior and a white top. SIGH!!!

That day he drove me to the office, came by later to take me to lunch and gave me a rose, and then picked me up to go see his club after I finished work. He invited the buitchers too. I stayed until midnight and most the women there were giving me the evil eye, nasty looks, one in general looked like she wanted to tear my eyes out. I was seated in the owners table and Chet fell over himself all evening paying attention to me while his partner took care of the crowd of regulars. There was a 3 piece group playing slow jazz. We danced alot. The place was called The Speakeasy and was a nice cozy cocktail lounge...

That night on the way home he said "you drive, okay?" I did and when pulling into the motel he said, "okay now go inside and stay there till morning. I'll meet you for breakfast. He walked me to my door with a kiss on the forehead. The next day after breakfast he drove me to work but this time another car followed us. Chet said, here you keep the caddy and take the butchers to the club for lunch, enjoy your day. I have a business thing tonight so go ahead to the club and I'll see you later. He gave me the car, I nesarly died. That went on for a week and then one night I got tired of the kiss on the forehead and turned things up a notch. I told you I was a wild child. Plus this man was gorgeous and so good to me. I was already in love.

My job there was done, it took 3 weeks and one of the butchers who drank at the club free everynight (the fink) called the big boss in Indiana, saying, "he better come Char because she is involved with a ganster! My boss called the motel and Chet happened to be there waiting for me and when my boss said he was coming to get me that night...Chet took the phone and said, don't bother, she quits!!! That very night Chet asked me to marry him while we were dancing to the song AT LAST by Etta James. He gave me an engagement ring the following day. I moved into his home, and we drove to Indiana, visited with my mom, and picked up my son and brought him back to Illinois with us. He sold his share of the lounge and we bought s small bar in upstate Illinois and lived happily ever after for fourteen years. We never were apart after that...Whew, left out many details but this is long enough. God, how I miss him...

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#157686 - 08/26/08 08:26 PM Re: How did you meet your husband, or S.O? [Re: chatty lady]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
chatty, this is an amazing story. I had no idea how you met your second hubby. What a hoot. You wild woman,you!

Is that the last time you lived in the same town with your mom?

#157693 - 08/26/08 08:37 PM Re: How did you meet your husband, or S.O? [Re: Dotsie]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
whoa, chatty that reads like part of novel. You might have told us before... I can't remember if you did... but, what brought about the end of the fourteen years? How did he die? You don't have to ask if you don't want to - I know you don't have to be told, but it won't hurt my feelings.

#157737 - 08/26/08 11:41 PM Re: How did you meet your husband, or S.O? [Re: ladyjane]
Mama Red Offline

Loc: Wauconda, IL
Oh goodness, LadyJane...what an amazing story! I am so glad you shared it with me! Gil and I have just been on another episode of "Trust or Not"...and it seems that is the gift we are bringing each other for this marriage. This is one where we get to heal many of the past hurts and, honestly, create some new ones that we get to heal with our new tools. Trust and forgiveness (or lack thereof!) seem to be a common theme in our relationship. And through it all, I have wanted it to work between us, although he told me just this past Friday he thought I wanted to leave. I was stunned!!!!!!!!!!!!! Totally and utterly stunned! So, on we go with our learnings and tryings and laughings and smilings.

If anyone wants to see some of the shindig we had, there are photos here:

http://picasaweb.google.com/Jerilynne.Knight/KnightJoining?authkey=1R2igL1nxIY

I haven't taken the time to figure out the process here, so I hope you'll forgive the link to somewhere else!!!!!!!!!!

MamaRed (Jerilynne)
www.mamaredspeaks.com
www.onemillionacts.com
Coming Summer 2009 "Kick-Butt Kindness: 52 No Cost Ways to Ripple Kindness 'Round the World"

Let's create Kick-Butt-and-Take-Names Lives!

#157738 - 08/26/08 11:45 PM Re: How did you meet your husband, or S.O? [Re: chatty lady]
Mama Red Offline

Wow Chatty Lady....what an amazing love story! You know ladies, I think it would be ever so much fun to turn these stories into a BWS booklet...and I volunteer to compile them, format them and create a PDF file (with booklinks and all that jazz) if anyone wants to go for it!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm sure there are ton more stories to be enjoyed or shared or sympathized with (the ones where it didn't work out so well...I got two of those on my record!).

MamaRed (Jerilynne)
www.mamaredspeaks.com
www.onemillionacts.com
Coming Summer 2009 "Kick-Butt Kindness: 52 No Cost Ways to Ripple Kindness 'Round the World"

#157741 - 08/26/08 11:55 PM Re: How did you meet your husband, or S.O? [Re: Mama Red]
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
Chatty,
Thank you for sharing your story! One could just SEE it happening!
You were lucky to have had such a loving husband and I'm so pleased you shared your story!

Dancer

"Question your privilege"

#157742 - 08/26/08 11:57 PM Re: How did you meet your husband, or S.O? [Re: Mama Red]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
MR, your photo album is awesome... took a while to get through, but it was worth it!!!

#157752 - 08/27/08 12:48 AM Re: How did you meet your husband, or S.O? [Re: gims]
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
I love reading your stories. I have one also. It has been published somewhere??? That was a few years ago. I can't remember.
I found the original, unedited version in my files.

Never in a million years

I found my Biological Dad after years of searching, and was in Alabama from Canada for eleven short days to meet and spend time with him and the family. My 'new' sisters took me out on the town on Saturday night to meet some friends and that's when I met Will. He struck up a conversation and invited me out to dinner. I said, “Oh No, I have a boyfriend at home and I couldn't do that, but thanks anyway.” I really wasn't interested. It wasn't love at first site for me.

The next time I ran into Will was a year later. I had lost my Mother, left a going nowhere relationship in Canada and moved to Alabama to be close to my ailing Dad. I had been divorced in the 70's and never married after. My relationship of 15 years in Canada went sour and it was time to move on. I was finished with relationships...period!

I kept running into Will several times a week. Although he worked in Tennessee, he came to Alabama quite often. I was working at my sister's restaurant/bar and we would sit and chat when I wasn't busy. We talk after work and he called me every day. Will was a kind, gentle, understanding soul. . He told me that when he first saw me (the year before when I was visiting for the 11 days), he thought that I was who he had been waiting for all his life. He told me he didn't date again after we met . I said,"really, but you knew I had a boyfriend.” He said, “I knew you were coming back...to see your Dad. And I would be waiting.” He said he was tempted to call me on occasion but decided against it. So he just waited...and waited.

In one of our conversations, Will said “I am unlike any man you've even known.” I laughed at this comment, partly because I hadn't heard it before and partly because I didn't believe it. I told him never in a million years would we be become anything more than friends. One night in particular, I rushed home from my Dad's to catch his call, talk to him and go back to my Dad's for coffee and our nightly chat. Walking back up the street I wondered...was I falling in love with Will? I chuckled to myself...I think I am.

When I was a little girl I wondered where I would be in the year 2000 which was soooo far away for an eight year old. On New Year's Eve we were driving home from a party when Will pulled over exactly at midnight and planted a big kiss on my lips. I was so happy to be right where I wanted to and who I wanted to be with be in the year 2000.

Will and I became lovingly involved six months into our friendship. He asked me to marry him three years later. That was a few years ago. We are still engaged and plan to marry one of these days when we can get all our children in one place. Will and I never say an unkind word to each other. We tell each other how lucky we are to have found each other. We have the deepest respect, love, and understanding for each other. Our age difference is four years apart with him being the oldest. Today we say we are in the top 10% of the happiest people on earth. I'd agree with Will who says more than likely the top 1%. He truly is unlike any man I have ever known.

I wasn't searching for a soul mate, when I found Will. I was finished with relationships. I was content that there was no one for me in this lifetime. I accepted the fact that I was going to be alone and was comfortable with it.

Did I ever think I would find my “Will” in this lifetime? Never in a million years...

#157775 - 08/27/08 02:54 AM Re: How did you meet your husband, or S.O? [Re: gims]
Mama Red Offline

Hi Gims

Glad you enjoyed it...I kept meaning to go up and weed through the photos, remove the dups, etc. and somehow, it never ended up hitting the top of the to-do list!

MamaRed (Jerilynne)
www.mamaredspeaks.com
www.onemillionacts.com

#157776 - 08/27/08 02:56 AM Re: How did you meet your husband, or S.O? [Re: chickadee]
Mama Red Offline

Oh Chickadee...what an amazing story. Thank you SOOOOOOOOOOO much for sharing it!!!!!!!!!!

MamaRed (Jerilynne)
www.mamaredspeaks.com
www.onemillionacts.com

Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved