The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 194 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#157226 - 08/22/08 11:15 PM Alaska
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Well is all goes well with the work I must finish, I will be heading off to Kodiak, Alaska in September. If all goes well in the planning that is. The 92 year old woman whose book I am ghostwriting really wants to meet with me in person, she and her daughter were extremely happy with chapter one when I sent it to her, completed, a few weeks ago. Oh well, salmon and crab are my two favorite meals and straight out of the freezing cold water to the stove is about as fresh as I will ever get them...

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#157239 - 08/23/08 07:14 AM Re: Alaska [Re: chatty lady]
diamond50 Offline

Loc: Honolulu, Hawaii
Chatty, awesome! I hope the planning goes well!

#157240 - 08/23/08 07:24 AM Re: Alaska [Re: diamond50]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
I'm glad you decided to go. smile Certain opportunities happen only once. You'll have a great time.

Poet and essayist

#157242 - 08/23/08 11:15 AM Re: Alaska [Re: meredithbead]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

I figure if the Queen could stand it, then so could I...HEY, where the heck is Queen JJ??? It's far too quiet around here withour her and Edelweiss and Dee, don't ya know?

#157255 - 08/23/08 01:11 PM Re: Alaska [Re: chatty lady]
Cookie Offline

Loc: USA
Alaska is a beautiful place, Chatty. I use to live there years ago....Land of the Midnight Sun. I'm sure it has changed allot since I've lived there. The Bald Eagles and Moose are magnificent to see close up. I don't care for fish that much, but GOOD FRESH halibut and Alaskan King Crab right out of the water into the frying pan is delicious.

#157257 - 08/23/08 02:27 PM Re: Alaska [Re: Cookie]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
Chatty, what an adventure! I will be so neat to meet this woman. I'm curious what her book is about, but not sure you're allowed to share. You'll have a great time!

K

#157266 - 08/23/08 05:50 PM Re: Alaska [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
How great, Chatty. If I remember right, the salmon should be running in September, so you will be able to get fresh salmon. I surprised myself by how much I loved the halibut that is cut into nuggets and deep fried.

Hope your plans work out for you. And I am happy your first chapter was so well received.

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#157283 - 08/23/08 07:33 PM Re: Alaska [Re: Anno]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Dancing Dolphin I will tell you all about this magnificient book when we visit over dinner on the 28th. She is a marvelous woman whose life has been one unbelieveble adventure after another which makes being her ghostwriter a real pleasure. I get lost in her journals and am striving for people believing they are there with her when they read whats written. Hard work, yes, but such fun!

#157285 - 08/23/08 08:14 PM Re: Alaska [Re: chatty lady]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
If you make a stopover in Vancouver, BC, let me know. smile

Enjoy Alaska and show us some pics!

#157357 - 08/24/08 03:57 PM Re: Alaska [Re: orchid]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Chatty, I'm thrilled to hear that you will be going. You are going to have some of the most beautiful land in your view each day and air that is so fresh, you'll think they pumped it in from somewhere. Unbelievable. The biggest population of bears is also located smack dab where you are going. However, most of them will be asleep or headed that way when you arrive.

I can't wait to hear you account of things! Pray you don't have to take a bush plane to get to her place, like I did. They weigh YOU as well as the luggage. Somewhere, right this minute, there is a bush plane pilot who is scared to death of Southern menopausal women. He should be. I threatened him within an inch of his life if he tried to weigh me. I meant it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved