The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 155 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#162695 - 10/15/08 02:54 AM Re: stockings, pantyhose anyone? [Re: Princess Lenora]
Mij Offline

laugh Oh, man, I forgot about having to use rubberbands to hold up my knee socks!

Thanks for that name: suspants. Mine had pink and blue flowers. Here is a picture:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3281/2603772258_79baee247d.jpg?v=0

I used to wear thigh-highs a lot. The band is very wide and I had no problems with them slipping down.

I happened on this site while looking for suspants. It is a collection of old advertising that you may enjoy. I really remember the "Knitting Jenny."

http://www.lulusvintage.com/vintage_advertisements/index.html

Edited by Mij (10/15/08 03:02 AM)

#162700 - 10/15/08 03:54 AM Re: stockings, pantyhose anyone? [Re: Mij]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
Love the old ads!! Thanks for sharing. I also held my knee socks up with rubber bands. And all the girls in middle school were wearing panty hose and bikini panties long before me. I finally had my friend give me bikini panties for birthday one year, so my mom finally let me wear them.

#162711 - 10/15/08 08:24 AM Re: stockings, pantyhose anyone? [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
Mountain Ash Offline

Mij
thank you ...bookmarked this site and will visit and recall.
my daughter is fascinated and some seem to jump out to her as things she remembers me wearing...the aprons...yes ..I wore them doing housework..whisked it off when some one called.

and a special one when bathing and feeding my babies..it was laundered along with terry nappies.used muslin nappies inside the terries..white bath towels..cot/pram sheets .
MOUNTAIN ASH

#162729 - 10/15/08 02:54 PM Re: stockings, pantyhose anyone? [Re: Mountain Ash]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
I loved thigh highs and had forgotten about them since I work from home and only dress up for weddings and funerals (same thing)...

They DO stay up with no problems at all, at least they did on me and I have some thighs, let me tell ya....loved them!

Hate pantyhose and think they should only be used to wear over your head to rob mini-marts. Without runs, of course.

#162748 - 10/15/08 05:27 PM Re: stockings, pantyhose anyone? [Re: jawjaw]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
Even the thought of wearing hose (of any kind) makes me hot. I hate the feel of them. I hate the added layer. I hate the confinement. Reason number one for me wearing pants - all the time. I haven't been in a dress since my second daughter's wedding 10 years ago.
I slip on a pair of footies (every so often thigh highs) before my flats, or low heels, when dressing up. I don't care for the feel of bare feet in shoes... other than sandals. My preference - going barefoot... less is better for me.

#162782 - 10/15/08 07:26 PM Re: stockings, pantyhose anyone? [Re: jawjaw]
JackieG Offline

Originally Posted By: jawjaw
Hate pantyhose and think they should only be used to wear over your head to rob mini-marts. Without runs, of course.

BAHAAAAAAAH!!!! ROFL

#162783 - 10/15/08 07:45 PM Re: stockings, pantyhose anyone? [Re: JackieG]
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
Today's "hose," and the fashion this winter, is back to the patterned tights. There are all sorts of patterns and color mixes to choose from. Every now and again we come around to tights in various colors being a fashion statement and here we are again!

There are expenisive patterned tights,and inexpensive tights, they run the gamet.
Here is a sight that shows a lot of patterns available this season:

http://www.joyofsocks.com/

there are mall stores called "The Joy of Socks" as well in major cities.

Socks with shoes are also a "look." For exmaple, the loafer is back with patterned sockes worn with it. Wheeeeeeee! I'm doing some of that.

Some years are "boot years," and some are not. This is not, it's a "tights," year.

Of course, those in true fashion do their own thing and if they like a trend they take it up, if not, they stay with their classics! Here, it is "cowboy boots," that prevail, and tennies, but I find both of them irritating to where.

Just some fashion news,
Dancer

"Question your privilege"

#162803 - 10/15/08 11:55 PM Re: stockings, pantyhose anyone? [Re: dancer9]
Di Offline

Loc: NM, transplant from NJ
I'd like to know WHO sets these trends of whether it's a boot year or a tights year. Do you know, Dancer?

I love tights or knee socks with loafers. Reminds me of high school. Way cool!

But my legs would prefer the tights to "tighten up" those leg woogies!!

#162806 - 10/16/08 12:15 AM Re: stockings, pantyhose anyone? [Re: Di]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Di, the fashion designers set the trends. Vera Wangs signature style is tights with dresses. Woogies? Is that a word? I always had a hard time tucking jeans into boots, and I like Frye boots. Remember stirrup pants? Those were easy to tuck into boots.

#162845 - 10/16/08 11:58 AM Re: stockings, pantyhose anyone? [Re: Princess Lenora]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Gracious, do I remember stirrup pants. Were they clingy or what?

Leg woogies? I've never heard it before, but darn if I don't know what you're talking about.

Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved