The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 169 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#157027 - 08/21/08 10:57 AM Re: Edelweiss and the USA [Re: ladyjane]
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
Oh dear. You know I have no sense of direction unless it comes to malls. I thought you were close to Kittery so I thought you could hop on Rte. 1 and be somewhere close to us in a half hour or so. I forgot you are close to North Conway. If you're three hours from Boston and working nights, I can understand how you couldn't just pick up and go. Maybe the next time I'm up north, you and I could arrange to meet.

gims, this doesn't look possible. I forgot LJ works nights and thought she lived closer to me. EW's brother lives 15-20 minutes from me and I work days, so it is easy for me. I am having a lot of company on Saturday night, plus my writiing group in the morning. This is why I thought Sunday would be best. If that doesn't work out, we'll meet somewhere in between after I get out of work some night next week. But, with her that close, we have to make this happen. I'm looking forwd to meeting her so much. You'll be with us in spirit LJ.

#157028 - 08/21/08 10:57 AM Re: Edelweiss and the USA [Re: Louisa]
Louisa Offline

I'll take lots of pictures.

#157222 - 08/22/08 10:45 PM Re: Edelweiss and the USA [Re: Louisa]
Louisa Offline

We're meeting Sunday. They are coming here. I can't wait! This is so exciting. Supposed to be great weather Sunday. Hopefully, my daughter can stop by with Katie so the kids can meet too. It's like the ya-ya sisterhood and the very petite ya-ya's smile The petite boomers. smile Lots of photos on Sunday!

#157227 - 08/23/08 12:05 AM Re: Edelweiss and the USA [Re: Louisa]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I'm grinning from ear to ear. This sounds like so much fun. I can't wait to hear about it. I can just picture you all sitting on your porch with all your flowers, drinks in your hands, and chatting a mile a minute.

#157243 - 08/23/08 11:53 AM Re: Edelweiss and the USA [Re: Dotsie]
ladyjane Offline

Loc: Southern Maine, USA
Yes, can't wait to see pics! And yeah I'm so sad I can't be there...working both tonight and Sunday night..BUT....those are my LAST two nights!! Come Tuesday I'm a normal day person!! Yayyy!!! Now maybe things will seem a little like regular life. I'm sooooo exhausted. Hey girls, if you can, give me a call in late afternoon if you're still together! Louisa, I PM'd you!

#157256 - 08/23/08 01:11 PM Re: Edelweiss and the USA [Re: ladyjane]
ladyjane Offline

Loc: Southern Maine, USA
I was just thrilled to have received a phone call from EW!! Though I can't be with she and Louisa tomorrow, at least I had a chance to have a fun conversation!! Thanks, EW!!! Bring on the pictures!

#157262 - 08/23/08 04:52 PM Re: Edelweiss and the USA [Re: ladyjane]
Louisa Offline

First I have to be able to get the pictures on here. If I can't get them on, maybe I can send an album to someone who it works for and they can post a couple.

#157264 - 08/23/08 05:44 PM Re: Edelweiss and the USA [Re: Louisa]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
Louisa, will you please give her a big hug from me?

Have a wonderful time. I have met two boomers here, and both visits were absolutely wonderful. I felt as if I had known both of them a long, long time.

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#157278 - 08/23/08 07:06 PM Re: Edelweiss and the USA [Re: Anno]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
This is simply splended to think of meeting Edelweiss all the way from Germany. I wish I could be there too Louisa to give you both a huge hug!!!

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#157319 - 08/24/08 03:30 AM Re: Edelweiss and the USA [Re: chatty lady]
Louisa Offline

I will fill you all in on our visit. Looking forward to it. My camera is all set and ready to go.

Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved