The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 110 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#156653 - 08/17/08 01:17 AM Re: Edelweiss and the USA [Re: Anno]
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
I just saw this. I haven't been able to get back on and gave up trying for a while. I finally found one password that worked. Egads, she's been here a week already. Dotsie, I will email you my phone number. If she's coming to see her brother, she'll be very close to me. He lives in the same city as my stepson and his family. About 20 minutes from me.

#156711 - 08/17/08 08:51 PM Re: Edelweiss and the USA [Re: Louisa]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
I hope and pray she's fine!!!

#157001 - 08/21/08 12:39 AM Re: Edelweiss and the USA [Re: Anno]
Louisa Offline

I spoke to EW this morning!! Jane, we are planning on meeting on Sunday. I think they are going to come here to my condo for a while in the afternoon. I thought I would have my daughter bring Katie so she could meet anaya. How far away are you from me? I'm 15 minutes from Boston, about 45 from Kittery. I'm not sure where you are. Maybe we could meet somewhere else in the middle? Email me privately. I will email you my address in a pm.

Ladies, EW called me this morning. It was too funny. I just bought the iPhone and because it's a new toy, I had it on my desk at work. It was in sleep mode. Suddenly, it rang and I picked it up. I'm still not sure how you answer a call. Apparently, I had answered the phone and didn't know it. I held it in my hand and saw the strange number and said out loud, "who the he__ is that?" I held the phone in my hand staring at it. Then I realized the number was from where her brother lives and I thought I hung up on her. Finally, I realized someone was on the line and said hello.

She said she heard what I said. We laughed at that. It was so nice to hear her voice. We are planning a meeting on Sunday. It would be fabulous if we could meet with LJ too! I will keep you posted.

#157002 - 08/21/08 12:49 AM Re: Edelweiss and the USA [Re: Louisa]
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
That's so great, Louisa!! I can just see you with your new i-phone too, lol! I love new electronics too.
I think it's great that you two will meet and I'll bet you get along so well! Please report!
How do you like that i-phone? I have resisted it so far, but may jump off and get a blackberry.
Dancer

"Question your privilege"

#157004 - 08/21/08 12:53 AM Re: Edelweiss and the USA [Re: dancer9]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Louisa, I'm laughing out loud at your experience with your IPhone, and of all people to be on the other end. That's AWESOME! I'm so glad she checked her email while in the states. I was concerned that we were late in getting the information to her.

Please take photos. And keep us posted about whether LJ will be meeting you too. Even the grands will meet. How fun is that? Their first virtual friend meeting at such a young age. What a hoot. That's scary!

I'm tickled to get this news.

Edited by Dotsie (08/21/08 12:53 AM)

#157006 - 08/21/08 01:46 AM Re: Edelweiss and the USA [Re: Dotsie]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
Oh great!! Yes, please take photos and tell her to fly out to Vegas and meet Chatty and I next Thursday, k? I know I'm dreaming, but we can ask, right???

K

#157007 - 08/21/08 01:53 AM Re: Edelweiss and the USA [Re: Dotsie]
Louisa Offline

Not only that, but she tried to call the house and couldn't get through. [censored] may have been on the phone and not heard the call waiting, not that he uses it. But, he did say he got a couple of strange calls yesterday. It didn't even register with me. Maybe she called then. He said they asked for someone he didn't know and when he said there was no one here by that name, they hung up. I told him if someone named Edelweiss calls for Louisa, not to hang up. Not sure he would have remembered that. He probably thought I was joking. LOL

I'm going to call her tomorrow after work and get it set up. If we meet here, I will have my daughter bring Katie so the kids can meet too. Oh, I'll take pictures. Now all I have to do is figure out how to get them on here. If I can still do them in the email, I'll do that.

dancer, I love my iPhone so far. It's the greatest thing. I have my email on it. It's an ipod too. The technology is incredible. I love the screen and the keyboard. Taking pictures and transferring pictures and looking at them is fun. I've been wanting this phone for a long time. This new one is amazing. You barely touch the thing and it calls the number. I was waiting for my contract to end in case I decided to switch carriers, but then I decided I had to get it. All the young girls at work are so jealous smile They want one. I think I'm the first one in the building to get one so I've been showing everyone.

#157009 - 08/21/08 04:02 AM Re: Edelweiss and the USA [Re: Louisa]
ladyjane Offline

Loc: Southern Maine, USA
Hey! EW called while I was sleeping today (working nights, ya know). I felt so bad that I missed her call but loved her voicemail greeting! Ladies, my heart is so heavy because I can't imagine how I'd ever travel down that far to meet you. I have one and a half weeks left of working nights and then I'm on days. Louisa, I'm at least an hour or more above Kittery so it really is quite a distance to travel. It takes us 3 hours to get to Boston. Hmmm....don't know what to suggest! Makes me sad frown

#157015 - 08/21/08 04:38 AM Re: Edelweiss and the USA [Re: ladyjane]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
Oh, I so hope you three can figure it out!!!
I'm sending LJ and Louisa a bunch of thinking energy. This is a chance that might not be repeated.

#157020 - 08/21/08 05:12 AM Re: Edelweiss and the USA [Re: gims]
ladyjane Offline

Loc: Southern Maine, USA
I know! I know! I'll be seriously bummed if it can't be figured out but the reality is that I just can't make that kind of trip on short notice with my work schedule. Wish we were all a little closer in area than we are.

Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved