The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#156039 - 08/12/08 09:07 AM Re: Empty Home First Time in 21 years [Re: Q_ball]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I can see the toilet paper stacked on the floor now!

#156232 - 08/13/08 06:35 PM Re: Empty Home First Time in 21 years [Re: Dotsie]
Q_ball Offline

Loc: Ozarks
It's working, while cleaning this morning, I found evidence that MAN has the ability to change TP rolls IF we give them simple enough devices for a TP holder. There in the trash was a empty tube and on the holder a new roll! Tears of JOY sprang forth, either that or the Tidy Bowl scrubbing bubbles got to me? How wonderful to come to a time in life when even the smallest wonders bring such Happiness. ANd to think he didn't even come running to ask for a Gold Star to be placed on his chart. Whata Guy. Now don't envy me Y'all, this type training takes time..really, I've waited on this for 30 years.

#156235 - 08/13/08 06:44 PM Re: Empty Home First Time in 21 years [Re: Q_ball]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
Q, you are cracking me up, here!

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#156245 - 08/13/08 08:24 PM Re: Empty Home First Time in 21 years [Re: chatty lady]
mecindy Offline

Loc: Northern California USA
My children have been gone for about 18 years and I still miss them. I just had 3 weeks of company from the UK and I am in withdrawal from having people around. I am trying to focus on new and exciting things to do!

#156246 - 08/13/08 08:41 PM Re: Empty Home First Time in 21 years [Re: Anno]
Cookie Offline

Loc: USA
I hear ya QBall! Over 30 years here too, and I have that same kind of man in my house. He will leave 1 square of toilet paper on the roll...ya know, the one piece that is always stuck to the card board roll. I'll ask him why he didn't change the TP and he will always say because it wasn't empty!! crazy He is genius at most everything else, but that TP thing eludes him somehow! We have 3 bathrooms and all of them have been changed from the old springload TP holder to the new single slide on slide off kind. The first time he changed the TB roll on the new holder, he had to come announce it to me.... looking to get an "ata boy" out of the deed! I swear I could almost see his tail waggin'! Next task, how to keep him from turning the water faucet on full blast in the bathroom when he washes his hands. Looks like a bird bath in there!

#156256 - 08/13/08 10:38 PM Re: Empty Home First Time in 21 years [Re: Cookie]
Q_ball Offline

Loc: Ozarks
LOL Hey Cookie,
I sympathize too with the bird bath syndrome. No doubt a Woman invented the single bar slider TP holder.

mecindy,
sorry you're feeling withdrawals from company. I've experienced that, it's not pleasant. Try to focus on the fact that everyone's healthy and able to come and go, that funds were available for the trip, that your family wants to see each other..etc.. I used to and still do occasionally write my kids a letter or e-mail just after they leave while the Missing You is so raw and fresh. yeah, that can get a bit on the sappy side, but once in a while it's good to spill those motherly beans & let the youngin's know they are Mom's babies. In spite of age. grin

#156319 - 08/14/08 08:00 AM Re: Empty Home First Time in 21 years [Re: Q_ball]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Q-ball, waayyy too funny!

El Hubbo will announce, "WE need to change the toilet paper." (at least he notices it needs changing...) This is a 2-person job?? (Q: How many married people does it take to change a roll of toilet paper? A: a woman. OK, you heard that one before.)

So I'll say, "Why don't you do it, since you're the one who finished the last roll?" And he'll say, "I don't know where you keep it."

EARTH TO HUSBAND! EARTH TO HUSBAND! We've lived here since 1981 and the toilet paper is always in the same place. eek

Poet and essayist

#156331 - 08/14/08 12:11 PM Re: Empty Home First Time in 21 years [Re: meredithbead]
Mama Red Offline

Loc: Wauconda, IL
Oh goodness, I'm rolling on the floor with laughter. And, I must admit my sweetie actually does change the TP on a regular basis so I guess I'm lucky some else trained him!

On the other hand, I swear he is no older than 3 at times...when he comes at me with "that look" I know I'd better cough up an "atta boy" for something!

What cracks me up is he has become a neat freak now that we're married. We actually had a DEBATE (like it is worth the energy..tee hee) about who is neater. Of course, I thought *should* win because I am, after all, the woman of the family. Truth be told, however, he has developed this "everything in its place" mentality that definitely wasn't there when we were dating! Honestly, I could go for a weekend visit (he lived over an hour away and we only saw each other on weekends) and *every* dish he had used for the week would be on the counter, every piece of mail would be covering every surface of the apartment, and you couldn't see anything that would reak of neat freak!

Now that we're in the same house, I can't begin to count the number of times he has said "is that where that goes?". The cat's meow was when I pulled my wallet out of my purse to look for something he wanted...walked away to look for it elsewhere...and had the unmitigated gall to leave the wallet sitting on the table. My goodness, you would have thought I had just cut off a vital body part! Giggle....

MamaRed (Jerilynne)
www.mamaredspeaks.com
www.onemillionacts.com
Coming Summer 2009 "Kick-Butt Kindness: 52 No Cost Ways to Ripple Kindness 'Round the World"

Let's create Kick-Butt-and-Take-Names Lives!

#156366 - 08/14/08 03:42 PM Re: Empty Home First Time in 21 years [Re: Mama Red]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
This is just too funny. Just yesterday, hubby and I were in the upstairs bathroom discussing what new colour to paint the walls. I noticed that the roll of TP needed changing and mentioned it (while changing the roll myself) only because he usually brings up extra rolls to store in the linen closet. His response was the same one he's used for almost 20 years, "Oh I shouldn't have to change the roll because I never use toilet paper, I use Kleenix."

My hubby loves to cook, wash dishes, do the laundry; he irons, scrubs the bathroom tub and sinks, feeds the birds, vaccuums, does EVERYTHING else around the house - but refuses to change the roll of TP. I don't mind doing it, and his adament avoidance doesn't bother me, it just puzzles me.

(Maya Angelou)

#156380 - 08/14/08 05:29 PM Re: Empty Home First Time in 21 years [Re: Eagle Heart]
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Mine sits on the counter in both bathrooms. I find it so easy to change those. If company is coming, I will fill the rolls.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved