The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 186 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Topic Options
#161446 - 09/30/08 09:49 PM Re: New Movies Anyone? [Re: chatty lady]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
I saw three movies recently. Bad choices on my part.

1. Grizzly man. I had read the book, so I wanted to see the movie. The guy was clearly unbalanced. I would NOT recommend this movie.
2. Love in the time of Chlorea - The only saving grace in this movie was Benjamin Bratt. The plot was horrible, the acting was -D, and the actors/actresses (except Ben) was so bad. Good grief...did this movie make any money at all?
3. Miss Pettgrew Lives for a Day - a little bit better, but the plot was scattered, no continewity to it at all, and one of the main characters (the "ho" as I call her), (Amy Adams real name) was obviously on her first trip down acting lane. Frances McDormand was Misses Pettegrew. She did a descent job, it was just an "okay at best" movie.

So all in all, I did a bad job picking out films this weekend.

#161454 - 09/30/08 11:45 PM Re: New Movies Anyone? [Re: jawjaw]
Sandpiper Offline

Loc: Kissimmee, Florida
Gims I liked SATC movie but was (as Chatty said) upset about Samantha and Smith. I was also upset that they didn't develop the plot about Cynthia Nixon's character. She and her hubby split and finally at the end tried to give it another go. That would have added so much to the movie. But I would have seen it anyway because of Chris Noth (BIG). He's such a great actor and I do like Sara Jessica Parket. Wouldn't see it again but would consider seeing the next depending on the plot.

JJ I didn't know there was a movie about "Love in the time of Cholera". Guess I won't bother with it. I'm sorry you didn't like Miss Pettigrew - I thought it was cute. It was a bit wild hoping about from scene to scene so quickly. I liked it enough to buy it.

I'm hoping to see "Nights in Rodanthe" tomorrow with hubby and then Friday "Flash of Genius". I hope they are good.
www.tidedancer.com

Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved