The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 170 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#154834 - 07/28/08 02:17 PM Youngest son left
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I know you must get sick of my posts about the comings and goings of my children, but here I go again.

Our youngest left for The Big Apple yesterday. We had his graduation party here on Saturday night; a big time with about 100 family and friends, I'm still exhausted. I think I got about two hours of sleep Saturday night. We had about 12 friends spend the night. Bodies were all over the house.
Anyway, around 3:00 AM, we finally came in after sitting in a big circle while friends played the guitar and banjo. They were passing them around and different people, young and old were playing. It was so much fun. We had no idea when we planned it that he would be moving the next day, but that's how it worked out. He secured a job last Wednesday which begins this week. So he left his internship Friday, had his party Saturday, and yesterday while his friends were coming and going, we packed his car and he headed out.

Fortuantely, he's staying with a friend and his family in NJ until he moves into an apartment in Brooklyn in a couple weeks. The friend he's living with was at his party, so he followed him home. After a grueling six hour ride with lots of traffic, he called to say he made it.

I'm so grateful he's in NY and not LA. His school was in Florida and we didn't get to see too much of him while he was there, but we're already planning a visit to NY. IT'sso much closer, and if you drive on the right days and times, it only takes about 4 hours.

I'm missing him already. He's such a happy boy and to listen to his freinds who are all convening in NY, to hear their passion and excitement about the possibilities, is invigorating and so uplifting. I wish them all well.

#154835 - 07/28/08 07:34 PM Re: Youngest son left
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
NYC would be a pretty exciting place for a young person since there are so many things to see and do.

He sounds like a well-adjusted young man. Later...after the hubub of excitement, he'll want the peace and calm of his parents' home for a break.

#154836 - 07/28/08 08:47 PM Re: Youngest son left [Re: orchid]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Happy for you, Ross and your son. I personally NEVER tire of hearing good things about any of our BWS sisters kids. Its exciting for them and for us too. Please never stop telling us the news of your very happy, well adjusted and exceptional kids. NY is just a hop, skip and a jump away so you can visit more often too.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#154837 - 07/28/08 11:36 PM Re: Youngest son left [Re: chatty lady]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Dotsie, ditto what Chatty said: I NEVER ever get tired of hearing your stories! I love hearing what my BWS sisters are doing, feeling, fearing, laughing about...I almost feel as if your family is my family too!

And it IS invigorating and delightful to hear about people like your son facing life with such passion and excitement!

(Maya Angelou)

#154838 - 07/29/08 05:25 AM Re: Youngest son left [Re: Eagle Heart]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
How terribly exciting for your son, Dotsie! NYC is definitely a better base than LA. A little biased...but, there you go.

#154839 - 07/29/08 06:39 AM Re: Youngest son left [Re: Lola]
diamond50 Offline

Loc: Honolulu, Hawaii
Dotsie, no problem, we love hearing all about your children. As you know I have a bunch of kids and grandkids and I have no shame sharing about them LOL!!

Congratulations to your son; I just know he is going to do very well!

#154840 - 07/29/08 11:32 AM Re: Youngest son left [Re: diamond50]
Mountain Ash Offline

I love sharing about everyone's family too.

This being summer break from teaching my daughter is home apart from her Euopean trip recently.So we do many varied things.
She cooks so I can garden..also she and I have been spashing on paint..in bedrooms...clearing the cobwebs.
She cooks so I can garden...Takes her Dady to shop for his hobby.I put on my music...phone friends have the home to just me(A rare thing now)
When friends call she acts as hostess..sets a tray and allows us time to concentrate.
Soon she will return to her work...another stage in the year.
But summer with no time constaints brings pleasure.
My son come home weekends...he slips into family life.I cook his favourites.
And each one of us enjoys hearing about the others.
Mountain ash

#154841 - 07/29/08 12:21 PM Re: Youngest son left [Re: Mountain Ash]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
Lucky you, another place to visit!

Are you and Ross alone now? Just think how sweet it will be when everyone gets together.

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#154842 - 07/29/08 12:25 PM Re: Youngest son left [Re: Anno]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Mountain Ash, your summer sounds so idyllic...what a lovely daughter you've raised to be so caring and thoughtful - providing you with special time to yourself is a gift so few think to give.

(Maya Angelou)

#154843 - 07/30/08 03:30 AM Re: Youngest son left [Re: Eagle Heart]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
i too love hearing about everyone's family, friends, jobs, gardens, etc. because these are all the elements that go into our lives.

Poet and essayist

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved