The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 175 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#154153 - 07/22/08 09:28 PM Re: My neighbor lives next door to a crazy person [Re: Anno]
Mountain Ash Offline

The fact this lady has a second home and therefor may have emotional ties in another place let me to say what I shared.
This kind of harrassment must make her life full of anxiety.

A dear old lady (former matron of a mental hospital) moved from next door to me to a home in the city suburbs.Next to a childrens park..At night the older kids gathered on the swings etc. They threw the dog poo bags over the wall.Opened gates..threw bottles that broke etc.Her son did everything.Through police and politics.Nothing worked.I went on one visit and she had up to fifty of these bags gathered in her bin.This saddened me.She was in her nineties a clever woman who had done so much for society.That she should have to tolerate this was criminal.She moved to a safer more secure flat...loved there until 100 years of age.Only moving to care after a hospital stay.
We return to our homes and care and are concerned.The person has to sleep and live in that house never knowing what a day will bring.
Mountain ash

#154154 - 07/22/08 09:45 PM Re: My neighbor lives next door to a crazy person [Re: Mountain Ash]
Dee Offline

Loc: Alabama
It's a shame anyone has to put up with this kind of behavior from anyone...much less a neighbor...Instead of the good folks moving, the nuts ought to have their own community so they can be disruptive with each other instead of hurting decent people.

#154155 - 07/23/08 01:47 PM Re: My neighbor lives next door to a crazy person [Re: Dee]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

I think Anno had a great suggestion in finding neighbors who have had abuse from this woman as well. Band together...take notes, call the media after sufficient evidence has been accumulated and let them know the POLICE have chosen to ignore it. The squeaky wheel gets the worm. Okay, that's not exactly right, but Daddy use to say that when he had dementia and it cracked me up. My point? MAKE NOISE ABOUT IT. Authorities only want the noise to go away...they will listen if you are LOUD enough.

#154156 - 07/23/08 05:10 PM Re: My neighbor lives next door to a crazy person [Re: Anno]
lakesmyplace Offline

Loc: Colorado
I must agree with Mountain Ash. Git while the gittens good, if at all possible. This horribly sad neighbor will likely never change. Even if Nancy gets through this dilemma there will come another and another. Life and each day is too precious and short for this kind of abuse! I thank the Lord for my good neighbors and Nancy should have the same privilege!

#154157 - 07/23/08 07:34 PM Re: My neighbor lives next door to a crazy person [Re: lakesmyplace]
Dee Offline

a few things have happened in the past couple of days. A firefighter friend of Nancy's heard of her problems and stopped by to tell her that a police report had been filed awhile back in which this woman was suspected of trying to poison a dog in the neighborhood with a rice cake. The dog had been trained to take food only from its owner and the woman was found hiding in the ally behind a bush at night. Okay...that really sounds weird but Nancy has the name of the guy (a neighbor) who lodged the complaint. The fireman also has a friend who can hook her up with security cameras.

A guy from the city came by today to mark the water line. She also received approval for her fence by the city and her property line is correct. The city rep said if this lady tries to remove any kind of fence again that she can brought up on charges.

As for Nancy moving...she's talked about that...at the moment she's trying to do what she can to make space between her and the lunatic next door. The reason the woman doesn't want a fence is it won't give her enough room to move her boat...she doesn't want to have to bring it in and out from the back by the ally...so she expects nancy to accomodate her instead of respecting that nancy has a right to a fence on her property. Can you spell S E L F I S H

#154158 - 07/23/08 07:48 PM Re: My neighbor lives next door to a crazy person [Re: Dee]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Dee,
My neighbor across the street had an eight foot high privacy fence installed, a sturdy wooden one so his neighbor next door to him can't see through it, or over it. The man was behaving similar to that nut next to your friend Nancy. It sounds like Nancy may be getting the help she needs. Tell her to remain cautious however, these people can be dangerous and vindictive and generally don't go away peacefully...

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#154159 - 07/23/08 08:03 PM Re: My neighbor lives next door to a crazy person [Re: chatty lady]
Dee Offline

Sorry to hear about your neighbor...we're certain this isn't going to stop...the fence will probably just make her worse...I'm like JJ...squeaky wheel. I'm a firm believer in fighting for what's right when someone like this pops up into my life...and I quit only when the problem has been taken care of or it becomes not worth the hassle. I guess all those years of being in the military and civil service taught me how to dig and dig until I found a solution (officers don't like hearing no)...so I learned how to ask questions and keep asking until I found the answers and the person who could help me.
When larry and I first moved into our home 3 years ago we were having a problem with the city not coming out to keep a ditch clean that runs through part of our property that belongs to the city. After tropical storms and hurricanes come through here it can be a mess...we do our part but the city tends to lag on theirs...we gave them sufficient time to get to us but when that was ignored and six months went by I finally took photos of the flooded area and emailed them to the town mayor...that afternoon a crew arrived and the ditch was cleaned out. It's all about being persistent and not stopping the first time you hear 'no'. I realize not everything will be solved or resolved or easy, but when it is possible and someone doesn't want to be bothered then I tend to go up the chain until my squeaky wheel gets oiled...9 out of 10 times it works...because people really get tired of the squeak after awhile.
Anyone else have experience squeaking their wheels?

#154160 - 07/23/08 09:08 PM Re: My neighbor lives next door to a crazy person [Re: Dee]
Mountain Ash Offline

In the past I would have been all for the Police...recording and even confrontation..eg. going to homes(first following the teens who were bothering my friend)Such was my mindset.

My friends son is an influencial business man,.He too took the high road.Go to a Member of Parliament.

But I saw a peson I cared for being scared...angry and picking up bags of dog s--t. A person who was in charge of the main pysciatrict hospital in the city.

This all went on for so long and the out come was she moved,
The person who bought the house...has the same issue..
My friend though as there was a man now there things would change the behaviour continued.
A nasty game from people who will never realise the full impact of the actions.
I saw precious years spoiled by brats.who were led by older and probably antisocial people.who knows what they could have led on to do.
This example changed my perspection.
Mountain ash

#154162 - 07/23/08 11:47 PM Re: My neighbor lives next door to a crazy person [Re: ]
chickadee Offline

Sounds like this neighbor is an angry, unhappy person. Everything needs to be done through the proper channels. Justice will be served.

#154163 - 07/24/08 02:50 AM Re: My neighbor lives next door to a crazy person [Re: chickadee]
Dee Offline

Nancy received more good news this afternoon...the name and address of the neighbor who filed the complaint against the nut case and the approximate date the incident happened. The entire neighborhood is behind Nancy so I think this will probably eventually turn around...
Anne...I'm with you...I live in a peaceful, quiet neighborhood and love it.
Chickadee...angry, unhappy and perhaps unstable?

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved