The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 170 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#153574 - 07/15/08 10:07 PM And the new "look," IS:
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
Now the new "look," is to wear eye makeup that looks natural, mascara, slight eyeliner, and no shadow. The skin is made to look very healthy and almost NO blush is used. The eyelashes are made to look long with products to use under your mascara, like primers, (ask me if you need the name of a good one,) and the lips are now colorless, with a CLEAR gloss that can be seen, the really sticky kind, on the lips! It is a natural look and can be worn by many ages. I like it myself, The eyebrows are dark, shaped and made to stand out more than ever before.

Hair,
Hair is now in a "boycut," and short, with the top of the cut kept a bit floppy OR long hair that has layers that are prominint and appear to be a bit uneven, although they are not. The hair is then ironed with a hair iron, ( I can tell you how to use one safely on your hair,) and highlights are scarce and prominent where they are placed. Hair is not often given a full head of highlights now, they are strategically placed. (sp.)
Other hair trends are brown hair and long hair that is not straightened but is curled in the old fashioned way, on curlers and not with a curling iron. It gives the hair body. After the hair is curled, it is combed out and then made "piecey," with product. ( I can give you the name of some good ones.) With the new long hair piecey it looks as if some of the curls and sections are separated a bit from the others.

It is now trendy to wash your hair every third or fourth day. This is to preserve color and to let natural hair oils nourish the hair. Some actresses wash thier hair once a week. One can keep it from becoming flat by using powder. Powder is sprinkled on your head and then you comb it through to take out the dirt and oil. The "powder trick," is years old but is in use now, alot. ( I can give directions on the powder technique if anyone wants them.)

Eightys fashion is still very much in vogue. Maybe a post about those clothes???

Love you guys,
Dancer9

Edited by dancer9 (07/15/08 10:08 PM)

"Question your privilege"

#153575 - 07/16/08 12:33 AM Re: And the new "look," IS: [Re: dancer9]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
Good to see you back, Dancer. You feeling better?

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#153576 - 07/16/08 12:59 AM Re: And the new "look," IS: [Re: Anno]
dancer9 Offline

Hi Anno!
Yes, I'm finally virus free! After Mono, I picked up a three day virus from my husband so I was not having a fine time for awhile there!
I now have more time on my computer so it's nice to be back and to see you!

Dancer9

#153577 - 07/16/08 02:43 AM Re: And the new "look," IS: [Re: dancer9]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Only wash hair once a week? EEEWWW! I don't think I could do that. I'd start itching and scratching or something worse (whatever that would be!). If I smell dirty hair I almost gag.

Even though I can't be here often (now in laser school) I do enjoy your posts, Dancer!

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#153578 - 07/16/08 05:47 PM Re: And the new "look," IS: [Re: Dianne]
dancer9 Offline

Thanks Dianne! I sometimes have a hard time getting here but I make it a point to do so as soon as possible.
You are a dear one, Dianne, and yes, it takes some getting used to when you don't wash your hair everyday! If you work out, (do you?) it's a hard thing to get away with. You have two choices for clean smelling hair if your hair gets dirty but you want to preserve your colour:
"washing with talcum powder, or
"washing," with conditioner, if the water is cold. To do that you just wet your hair and condition it, letting the condioner act like "cold cream," for the hair and washing away debri with the rinse.
There is a non-lather shampoo that is a cream called "Wen," that some like but it takes thick hair, some say, to benefit.

Peace out, Dianne, love you,
Dancer!

#153579 - 07/16/08 07:03 PM Re: And the new "look," IS: [Re: dancer9]
Mountain Ash Offline

Three cheers You are BACK !!!
will read your topics...and learn.

Been following how you had a virus..Respect a virus...they bite...My chiro has warned me to rest when a virus is here.Not to be underestimated.
Mountain ash

#153580 - 07/16/08 07:37 PM Re: And the new "look," IS: [Re: Mountain Ash]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
Washing hair every 2 days might work for folks who have dry hair and dry skin.

It doesn't work for me at this time since I seem to still have enough oil in my hair that my hair ends don't dry up or my scalp doesn't get dry. I do sufficient exercise nearly every day that it does help me to wash (and shower) daily. When I was younger (ie teenage) washing my hair every day was healthier for my skin since I broke out in acne. The trick for me, is not use overly hot showers too often.

I don't colour nor perm my hair so the drying out of hair from daily washing is less of an issue.

#153581 - 07/16/08 08:15 PM Re: And the new "look," IS: [Re: orchid]
dancer9 Offline

You are so right, Orchid, you have a life of exercise that can require washing your hair every day. When I danced six hours a day for all those years, I would just step in the shower with my dance clothes on, I was so sweaty! I have thick hair so I would use conditioner to wash my hair out most times and skip a blow dryer unless I had show or a party to protect my hair from heating tools.
It was hard to maintain hair model hair and be a "World class dancer," as I reviewed.
Your biking takes a LOT out of the body and so you would need to get showered every time! It's great that you don't colour your hair so you have no worries about maintaining colour!

Dancer9

#153582 - 07/16/08 08:16 PM Re: And the new "look," IS: [Re: Mountain Ash]
dancer9 Offline

Much love, Mountain Ash.
I ook forward to your posts!
Dancer9

#153583 - 07/17/08 02:59 AM Re: And the new "look," IS: [Re: dancer9]
lucy Offline

I would love a new look. My husband ask me who does the coloring of my hair and when I said I did he suggested I go to see the hairdresser that does his hair. He said he would pay for it. Really makes you feel great

#153584 - 07/17/08 03:50 PM Re: And the new "look," IS: [Re: lucy]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
DANCER...it's nice to see you back in here and virus-free! Good for you!

#153585 - 07/17/08 11:19 PM Re: And the new "look," IS: [Re: lucy]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
WELCOME LUCY, don't think I said that before. Did you get your new look?

Dancer, I have short very fine hair. I wash it about three times a week otherwise it is fly away and impossible to manage. Thats why I keep it so short. I would love to have thicker, longer hair. I have little oil anywhere on my body, face or hair. It may be this dry desert climate, I don't know.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#153586 - 07/18/08 12:24 AM Re: And the new "look," IS: [Re: chatty lady]
dancer9 Offline

Chatty,
I can relate to the dry desert air, here in Arizona the sun shines like in Nevada!
It causes havoc with your skin and hair, making it dry, dry, dry!
I use a powerful, heavy conditioner on my hair to battle it and on my skin, I use doctor recommended thick lotions and I use them daily!
I wish we had that humidity that I had in New Orleans when lived there and Seattle, when I was there also!
It's a trade off, weather that does not scare us with tornados or hurrincanes, and spares us from the Earth Quakes, gives us this lizard skin!

I will be moving in a few years back to New Orleans and I will be glad for the humidity.

The Mid-west girls love to rub it in about how good their skin looks!

A couple humifiers can be of great use, and I use one when I sleep!

Best to you,
Dancer9

#153587 - 07/18/08 12:30 AM Re: And the new "look," IS: [Re: jawjaw]
dancer9 Offline

HI, Jaw Jaw, thank you! Good to see you!
Dancer9

#153588 - 07/18/08 12:34 AM Re: And the new "look," IS: [Re: lucy]
dancer9 Offline

Lucy Love,
Tell him to blow off and lets find you a new style! Sure, we can let him pay for your hair colour but let's plan a whole new look for you before you do!
What do you look like?
Let's get started!

Dancer9

#153589 - 07/18/08 02:13 AM Re: And the new "look," IS: [Re: dancer9]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Dancer, I'm allergic to talc so I don't think that would be a great option for me! You should have seen me when I first started waxing people in school...I was coughing and choking! Very professional...not! I had to start using corn starch.

I almost have to wash my hair every day because it just doesn't have any body otherwise. I have a ton of hair but it's straight and fine.

I'm excited because we are going to start using the laser on each other next week. The Fraxel is great for wrinkles and acne (I don't really have either but I could use it for fine lines I guess!). No tattos either so can't use that laser. I guess I'll go for the old and trustworthy IPL...in my opinion, God's answer to nice skin! It's really an interesting class and what scares me is I'm starting to understand it so can't plead ignorance anymore. Oh well...

Edited by Dianne (07/18/08 02:14 AM)

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#153590 - 07/18/08 05:28 PM Re: And the new "look," IS: [Re: Dianne]
dancer9 Offline

Dianne, hon, I was not here when you announced that you would be taking a class.
What sort of class is it?

Love ya,
Dancer

#153591 - 07/19/08 02:13 PM Re: And the new "look," IS: [Re: dancer9]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I can't wait to hear what you do for lucy. lucy, where are you?

dancer, I love the topics of your post. I need you! I am forever pulling both sides of my hair back and off my face with a little hair clip. I've had lots of layers cut in my hair, but still tend to pull it back. I ready your new look for hair. I wish I was brave enough to try it!

Signed, the forever "Plain Jane."

#153592 - 07/19/08 07:17 PM Re: And the new "look," IS:
dancer9 Offline

Hi Dotsie,
Is your hair long and like your photo?
I have some suggesions for whatever hair you have! I've seen and worn so many styles!
Do you have long hair cut in layers? If so, where is the shortist layer?
How are your ears? Do you mind them showing if you were to put your hair behind them or cut it so that they show?
We need to get you out of hair pins, certainly.
Let me know about these things and I'll give you my ideas!

Dancer9

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved