The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 146 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#153558 - 07/15/08 03:41 PM Vitamin D Important for More Than Strong Bones
PZMiller Offline

Loc: Los Angeles
The July 15th Wall Street Journal's Health Journal details how important it is for all people -- and especially people over 50 -- to have sufficient Vitamin D to help prevent several diseases as well as to help keep bones strong. Here's my PZ the Do-Gooder Scrooge blog post for today about this important vitamin: http://tinyurl.com/5rwo9h

#153559 - 07/15/08 08:27 PM Re: Vitamin D Important for More Than Strong Bones [Re: PZMiller]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Fifteen minutes in the sun daily will give us all the vitamin D we need to promote excellent health without the danger of skin cancer. I simply take a walk around my property looking at the flowers, trees etc. and watering and thats all I need do. In winter if its overcast alot then I'll take a supplement of vitamin A/D...

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#153560 - 07/16/08 11:12 AM Re: Vitamin D Important for More Than Strong Bones [Re: chatty lady]
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
Not everyone has the time to be outside. In the summer, I am on the patio for a bit every day. Apparently, that is not enough. Then again, sometimes, by the time I get home, the sun is about gone or gone. If the sun is still out, it is very strong and we sit at the table under the umbrella. I work in an inside office with no window. It's just not something you think about until there's a problem. I am feeling better, but I have also switched jobs and have less stress. I think that is more key for me.

#153561 - 07/16/08 08:15 PM Re: Vitamin D Important for More Than Strong Bones [Re: Louisa]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Louisa I certainly have 'NO' time to spare for sun bathing and have never laid out in the sun. But a mere 15 minutes a day is plenty and you can also get it by sticking your arm out the window while riding in the car. So long as the sunshine touches you somewhere for about 15 minutes, you get the same benefit...

Good for you for switching jobs and having less stress, that too IS definitely a good thing...

NO sunshine here today, its raining cats and dogs yet again this month...

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved