The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 127 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#15321 - 11/09/05 08:15 AM Update on Daughter
Mamacat Offline

Loc: Midwest
She was released from hospital yesterday. I'm nervous with her home having to watch every move. I set up a day tomorrow to spend at church hanging out with youth pastor doing projects and talking. She begins day treatment on Thursday. In the meantime, they do not want her in school (part of the problem). Today we are going to hang out - get manicures, shop thrift stores, etc. Stuff she likes. Inside I'm falling apart, outside I can fake it.

#15322 - 11/08/05 10:09 PM Re: Update on Daughter
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
Mamacat needs a big (((((HUG))))).
Fake it with her, then come in here and let it out!!! She needs you to stay healthy.
Can you homeschool her? There are several women here who homeschool and "unschool". Dahti can tell you about the latter.

#15323 - 11/08/05 11:38 PM Re: Update on Daughter
Danita Offline

Loc: Colorado
Mamacat,

I don't think I've seen your story.

How old is your daughter.

I homeschool my kids, and I believe it has saved their lives, litterally. My daughter had a MAJOR incident about a year ago....the doc wanted to medicate her and put her on a mental ward. we said no, we took a chance.

We were blessed -- 6 months of hell -- some parents experience years of it. Her being home with us puts her in a palce where WE are her primary influence, not her peers.

If you can keep your daughter home, and work with her on your own...it could be the best thing for everyone!

I'm here if you have questions on or off forum!

hugs to you sister! This too shall pass.

Danita

#15324 - 11/09/05 10:45 AM Re: Update on Daughter
Vi Offline

Mamacat,

Trust yourself. You will find the right path, for you and your daughter. In the deepest recesses of your heart the wisdom of God, of the universe is with you.

Vi

#15325 - 11/17/05 08:08 AM Re: Update on Daughter
ladybug Offline

Mamacat I haven't seen your story but please give us an update on how your daughter is doing.
How are YOU doing right now? We care, so please post your thoughts here again.

#15326 - 11/16/05 10:33 PM Re: Update on Daughter
Searcher Offline

Loc: boise
Mamacat,

Where is your story? I havent been able to find it. (BTW, this often happens, and I don't get it, I go to "previous" and it isn't there - don't understand...)

But whatever it is, we all are with you. I urge you to be a lioness in whatever the matter is....gain your position and be prepared to strike if necessary. No one will champion your daughter like you. And I personally know that if you sit back, and let professionals do the thinking, you may be disappointed. Take heart and take charge. Learn everthing you can, get help where you need it, and never give up. So the motto is....be prepared. And Love her with all your might. (I am an advocate for professionals and our children, but they need YOUR help too- they are only humans after all)....

Danita, I was not aware that you had difficulties with your child....inform me! And Bless your pea-pickin' heart! What a smart girl you are and such a success!

Searcher

#15327 - 11/17/05 06:16 AM Re: Update on Daughter
Danita Offline

Searcher,

Go to the "directory" (upper right corner of screen)...and look up her posts by her screen-name. Every place she has posted will be listed...and you can go back and find her story!

D.

#15328 - 11/17/05 07:14 AM Re: Update on Daughter
Searcher Offline

Loc: boise
Ohhhhhhh,
see, I toldya' you were smart, Danita.

Mamacat - what a trying time for all - and what a gift you are to all who know you. I so hope for a full recovery - she sure has a head start with you as her mom.

Searcher.

#15329 - 11/17/05 09:02 AM Re: Update on Daughter
Danita Offline

Thank you very much!

D.

#15330 - 11/17/05 07:10 PM Re: Update on Daughter
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Since so many of you are concerned and interested in helping in some way, I'm cutting and pasting the post here:

Mamacat posted:
Yesterday I had to take my 13-year-old daughter to hospital for being suicidal and cutting herself. She too has been through all the loss and to top it off has been bullied at school. She is in 72-hour lock down. I meet with social worker today. Husband preferred not to go with me. Will keep you all posted and thanks for all your wonderful posts.

I am sending prayers for all you as I type. I know you will continue to show her love. That is the most important thing you can do right now. Often times (not always...I don't always have the presence of mind when I have tough situations to manage with my teens, I pray for God's words, not mine. I recall a few times when His peace enveloped me and I swear I couldn't believe the strength I received from Him to handle it His way, and not the nasty, angry way I was feeling.

Cutting is big in this part of the country too. It's so sad to think kids feel relief when they injure themselves. I've read about women our age doing it under the panty line so no one sees it.

Mama, I pray you can find times to be still and gather strength for the times when you need it most. Just think about all us boomer women pulling for you and your daughter!

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved