The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 172 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 7 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#156835 - 08/19/08 11:49 AM Re: Daughter and SIL Can't Catch a Break [Re: Dotsie]
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Dotsie, no treatments that I know of. Just can't do anything. He hasn't lost any of his faculties. He does have seizures now.

Yeah, I'm glad I'm available too, to help out.

Did I tell you my daughter was considering sending Kasey away to Arizona to her dad's for a couple of months while her back healed??? I vetoed that idea immediately and said "HELL NO!!" Oops.. .don't know if I can say that word here. But, I was very adamant about my opinion. Don't know how much of a say I have, but I was adamant. I don't want my granddaughter 2000 miles away for 2 months!!!! Not now, not ever!!

Right now, she's waiting on word from the doctor and the MRI results. I'm going to do all I can to keep her mind set on keeping the baby here.
Your Writing Coach
Writing Coach Blog

#156860 - 08/19/08 07:54 PM Re: Daughter and SIL Can't Catch a Break [Re: Vicki M. Taylor]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Vicki rather than send her so far away, why not take her to your house so your daughter has the time she feels shes needs? Just a thought!

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#156881 - 08/19/08 10:45 PM Re: Daughter and SIL Can't Catch a Break [Re: chatty lady]
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Chatty, I'm working out that angle too!!!
Your Writing Coach
Writing Coach Blog

#156896 - 08/20/08 08:46 AM Re: Daughter and SIL Can't Catch a Break [Re: Vicki M. Taylor]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Vicki, I had a feeling you would be. I know I sure would be...

#156906 - 08/20/08 09:50 AM Re: Daughter and SIL Can't Catch a Break [Re: chatty lady]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
MY gracious. There's somuch going on for them. My heart aches for all they're going through.

Vicki, do they have any emotional support right now? Any one of these issues is enough to cause issues. I can't imagine your poor daughter having to care for her husband when he has seizures while having a little one to tend to. That's so stressful. Are there any local support groups for things like this?

#156943 - 08/20/08 04:14 PM Re: Daughter and SIL Can't Catch a Break [Re: Dotsie]
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

MRI results today. I'll call my daughter today to find out what they are. As for local groups. I don't know. I can look in to that. They live in a different county than I do, so will have to check in their county.

SIL does take seizure meds so that helps. She just has to make sure he takes his meds. Which is a chore in itself.

And, Dear God, could anything else happen to them??? SIL's parents hold the mortgage on their home and said that since the kids aren't working and SIL can't work for 6 months they might have to sell the house they're living in. ACK!!!! Where are they supposed to go???? SIL's parents suggested that they could come and live with me (ah-HEM!!!!) or go to Arizona and live with my daughter's dad. (ah - HEM!)

BUT... and this is a BIG but.. SIL's parents said that they've taken on extra hours and second jobs to help pay the mortgage and will continue to do so until it can't be done anymore. Then they'll have to consider selling the place. ARGH!!

Hubby and I paid last month's mortgage for the kids and their electric bill.

My stress level has gone through the roof. Good thing I'm going to see my psychiatrist today.
Your Writing Coach
Writing Coach Blog

#156960 - 08/20/08 07:11 PM Re: Daughter and SIL Can't Catch a Break [Re: Vicki M. Taylor]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
What are they to do? There has to be some relief for them. Anyone have suggestions?

#157073 - 08/21/08 07:45 PM Re: Daughter and SIL Can't Catch a Break [Re: Dotsie]
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Well, good news, I think, from the MRI results. It's a bulging disk and muscle spasms. So, no lifting over 20 pounds and take muscle relaxers and see a chiropractor. I don't know if their medicaid covers chiros though.

I'm going over their tomorrow to take the baby for the weekend to give them some time to themselves and give them a break.

My ex husband is sending me a money order so I can cash it and give the kids some money. They don't have an account that isn't in arrears where they can cash it. Maybe it'll arrive by Saturday.

And, I'll buy the baby diapers and formula so she doesn't go without.

I'd love to hear some suggestions of things that we may have overlooked.

A lot of it is they just have to wait for state services to kick in and that takes time. They have to call 211 and apply for emergency services that way. And, they have to pray. And, they have to be resourceful on their own.

It's a big world out there, and life isn't always fair. I tell my daughter she has to stay positive and and be grateful for what she has ...and that's a husband who made it through brain surgery with a miracle ...not losing any faculties. And, she has a beautiful daughter after 2 miscarriages. She has so much to be grateful for. She has parents and in-laws who are doing their darndest to help out. She has people she doesn't even know praying for her family. She has a lot to be grateful for.
Your Writing Coach
Writing Coach Blog

#157076 - 08/21/08 08:20 PM Re: Daughter and SIL Can't Catch a Break [Re: Vicki M. Taylor]
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Salvation Army
802 W Dr Martin Luther Kin Ste A
Tampa, FL, 33603
(813) 754-4146
Vicki, call them and see what they have to offer.
My prayers are with all of you. I know the stress level is quite high for everyone concerned right now.

#157090 - 08/21/08 09:21 PM Re: Daughter and SIL Can't Catch a Break [Re: chickadee]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Vicki what kinds of things does the baby need? How old is she? Is there anything your daughter and her husband need right now?

Page 7 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved