The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 137 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 6 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#153326 - 07/28/08 07:30 PM Re: Daughter and SIL Can't Catch a Break [Re: Vicki M. Taylor]
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
Vicki, I've been there where you can't even walk and that is WAY too much stress for you, hon.
PLEASE take care!

Dancer

"Question your privilege"

#153327 - 07/28/08 08:29 PM Re: Daughter and SIL Can't Catch a Break [Re: Vicki M. Taylor]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
If there is one tiny chance you aren't 100% Vicki, do not go through with the surgery until you are better. You'll need all your strength to heal and recover. Wish I were closer to come and help, cook maybe! But all I can do is send prayers and positive thoughts.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#153328 - 07/29/08 06:05 PM Re: Daughter and SIL Can't Catch a Break [Re: chatty lady]
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Chatty, If I was that sick, I'd pay for your plane ticket just to get you out here to cook for me. Honest to God.

Flu is gone. Now, I'm home, relaxing and recuperating from my Ultroid procedure.

It's not over yet. The doctor said I need another one in 3 months. They can only go in and get a few at a time. I have so many... argh!! And, they can only do one side at a time, left or right. First time they did the right side. This time they did the left side.

Just to keep this topic on topic.

UPDATE: My daughter has calmed down enough that she's not on the anti-anxiety meds all day anymore, taking only 1 at night. My SIL is up and getting around now, without needing assistance. He still can't carry or hold his baby.

His aunt and uncle have offered them the use of their condo near the ocean to help recover for a few days.

Their biggest headaches are still financial issues and state assistance.

The bright star in all this? That beautiful, adorable little granddaughter of mine. She's just the most precious thing in the whole world.
Your Writing Coach
Writing Coach Blog

#153329 - 08/01/08 02:23 PM Re: Daughter and SIL Can't Catch a Break [Re: Vicki M. Taylor]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Vicki, thanks for the update. Poor guy can't even hold his baby. Hopefully that won't be for long.

Heck, if I were them, I'd go for recovery at the beach. Just looking at the water will probably do them some good.

Hoping they get the financial pieces together. I have a friend who works for WIC, Women, Infants and Children Care. Maybe they can get help for the baby through this program. Here's a link:

http://www.instant-grantsearch.com/women-infants-and-children-care-program/

#153330 - 08/01/08 03:20 PM Re: Daughter and SIL Can't Catch a Break
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Dotsie, Thanks... they have WIC here, and my daughter has had her baby on it ever since she was born, thank goodness.

Update: the stay by the ocean is doing them some good, I believe. They're getting back to normal. SIL goes back on the 6th to get is stitches and staples out of his head.
Your Writing Coach
Writing Coach Blog

#153331 - 08/02/08 11:17 AM Re: Daughter and SIL Can't Catch a Break [Re: Vicki M. Taylor]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Oh good. Glad to hear they knew about it.

While I'm sure the beach stay is doing them some good, I hope he's staying out of the sun. Stitches and sun don't mix. I'm picturing him with a hat...I hope.

#156772 - 08/18/08 06:13 PM Re: Daughter and SIL Can't Catch a Break [Re: Dotsie]
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Bad News: SIL went to Neurosurgeon to get stitches and staples out and get check up. Dr says he can't do ANYTHING for SIX months. SIX months!!!! He can't even pick up and hold his own daughter! That means he can't go back to work for six more months. The kids are devastated.

And, my daughter's back went out on her and she had to go to the ER, and they've said nerve damage (Probably from the epidural). She had an MRI and we're waiting on the test results and the pain management treatment options. So, she's not supposed to be lifting anything. But, she has a baby to take care of. So, I'm taking Kasey as much as possible.

When will they ever catch a break? (sorry, that was me whining at bit)

In the mean time, today they're getting a letter from the doctor stating that SIL is temp disabled for 6 months and can't work or do anything and going to apply for SSDI and going to state assistance to apply for emergency cash assistance. So, they're doing what they can.

Oh, and their A/C went out this weekend. Good thing it's still under warranty (I hope).

I pray for them every day. If you could add them to your prayers as well, I'd appreciate it.

Thank you so much for listening.
Your Writing Coach
Writing Coach Blog

#156773 - 08/18/08 06:21 PM Re: Daughter and SIL Can't Catch a Break [Re: Vicki M. Taylor]
hotflashgal Offline

Loc: New Jersey
Vickie...good luck with the SSDI. Those bureaucrats can be very difficult. I hope it goes smoothly for them. They may want to prepare for an initial rejection. My ex had two strokes, was partially paralyzed on one side and was diagnosed with congestive heart failure and they rejected his first application. They just need to be tenacious. Once approved, I think the baby may receive something too. My children did until they turned 18. Good Luck!

PS...I saw your video with Sally. I enjoyed it. Did you guys use a webcam for that? I just got one so I could talk to my daughter at college but I am conjuring up ways to use it for business as well.

#156788 - 08/18/08 09:22 PM Re: Daughter and SIL Can't Catch a Break [Re: hotflashgal]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Vicki, I'm so very sorry to hear this. Good grief. Does he have to have nay treatments? I'm so glad you're available. I'm sure this must really make you feel needed. Try not to burn yourself out.

#156834 - 08/19/08 11:44 AM Re: Daughter and SIL Can't Catch a Break [Re: hotflashgal]
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Hotflashgal, we used webcams. It was so easy. Sally set the whole thing up. We used an application called OoVoo. It allows interviews to be recorded. And they're displayed side by side. Pretty cool, eh?

Yeah. I tried to get SSDI because of my bipolar and I was rejected. Never did try again. I probably should.

I'll have to let the kids know that they'll probably get rejected the first time.

thanks for the reminder. Sigh.
Your Writing Coach
Writing Coach Blog

Page 6 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved