The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 177 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 5 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#153316 - 07/24/08 01:25 PM Re: Daughter and SIL Can't Catch a Break [Re: chatty lady]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
How about an update. Is he revoering well at home? How's your daughter hanging in there?

#153317 - 07/24/08 02:07 PM Re: Daughter and SIL Can't Catch a Break
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Update: He went to ER last night. Fluid and blood build up beneath incision. He's going to see his surgeon either today or tomorrow to have it drained. He's incoherent and not eating or drinking.

My daughter isn't getting much sleep. But, is hanging in there.

I'm going to pick up my granddaughter later today for a couple of days to give her a chance to get a nap or two in while my SIL sleeps.
Your Writing Coach
Writing Coach Blog

#153318 - 07/25/08 08:45 PM Re: Daughter and SIL Can't Catch a Break [Re: Vicki M. Taylor]
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
I'm thinking of you, Vicki.
I hope that he improves quickly.
You are being very strong.
Don't forget to care for yourself
when you care for another, or two
others.
You are a very good woman.

dancer9

"Question your privilege"

#153319 - 07/25/08 10:18 PM Re: Daughter and SIL Can't Catch a Break [Re: dancer9]
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Thanks for keeping us up to date Vicki. Still keeping everyone in prayer. How are you holding up? You just had surgery yourself.

#153320 - 07/25/08 10:23 PM Re: Daughter and SIL Can't Catch a Break [Re: chickadee]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
It sounds like they let him out of the hospital too early. Still praying. Please take good care of yourself so you can be there fully for everyone else.

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#153321 - 07/27/08 07:45 PM Re: Daughter and SIL Can't Catch a Break [Re: Anno]
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Update: Took granddaughter back home. All seems to be going better. SIL is up and about. Headaches are still there, but not as intense or at least he's putting up a good front.

My daughter really needed the break to catch up on some sleep.

As for me, I'm scheduled for surgery (Ultroid) again on Tuesday. This time I know what I'm getting myself into and know what to expect. I am going to take it easy this week so I can be prepared and get a chance to recover.

Thank you all for your prayers and kind words. I've been passing them on to my daughter and SIL.
Your Writing Coach
Writing Coach Blog

#153322 - 07/27/08 08:27 PM Re: Daughter and SIL Can't Catch a Break [Re: Vicki M. Taylor]
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
Please take care of YOU, Vicki! You have a surgery to deal with! Stress is not your friend at this time!

Dancer9

"Question your privilege"

#153323 - 07/27/08 09:34 PM Re: Daughter and SIL Can't Catch a Break [Re: dancer9]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Vicki, my prayers are with you during these trying times and your surgery.

#153324 - 07/28/08 01:22 PM Re: Daughter and SIL Can't Catch a Break [Re: ]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Vicki, what is your SIL's prognosis?

Please take care of yourself after your surgery. I can see you jumping right back in to helping your daughter before you've healed. Isn't that what mothers do?

#153325 - 07/28/08 06:15 PM Re: Daughter and SIL Can't Catch a Break
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Dotsie, He should recover completely. There should be no side effects. No faculty losses. It just takes a while to recover.

Thank you everyone for your prayers.

Dancer, I agree.. stress is not good. I woke this morning to a fever, upset stomach, aches, and I'm thinking it's the flu. Hope it's gone by tomorrow so they can do the surgery. I couldn't even walk this morning and that says a lot.
Your Writing Coach
Writing Coach Blog

Page 5 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved