The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 179 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 4 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#153306 - 07/20/08 08:24 PM Re: Daughter and SIL Can't Catch a Break [Re: meredithbead]
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Update: SIL is in his own room now and out of ICU. Drain tubes have been removed from his head. He still has massive headache. But, all in all, procedure and recovery is going very well.
Your Writing Coach
Writing Coach Blog

#153307 - 07/20/08 09:36 PM Re: Daughter and SIL Can't Catch a Break [Re: CrosstitchQueen]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Vicki, did the person that hit them get hurt? Was it a drunk driver? Just curious... I am just sick for your family and praying for them all.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#153308 - 07/20/08 10:26 PM Re: Daughter and SIL Can't Catch a Break [Re: chatty lady]
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Chatty, thanks for the prayers.

There wasn't a car accident. My SIL had a seizure last Friday morning and my daughter found him on the floor. He want to the ER and had another seizure there, and they did tests (MRI, CT, EEG, etc) and that's when they found the tumor. When they transferred him to the hospital he's in now, that's when they decided they had to do surgery or else he'd die.

They're still not quite sure what caused the seizures, as they don't think the tumor did it, but thank God he had them, or else we wouldn't have known about the tumor until it was too late.

Rough part is they have no health insurance. No work insurance. Nothing. They're just two kids, with a 5 1/2 month old baby trying to get by on a pizza delivery driver's salary. Which, now they don't even have that.

My daughter is trying to apply for state assistance, but who knows how long that will take to go into affect. At least she's on WIC (Women, Infant & Children) for the baby's needs since she was pregnant and since she had the baby. I don't let that baby go without for anything.

Tomorrow is my daughter's birthday. She just wants her husband to be better.
Your Writing Coach
Writing Coach Blog

#153309 - 07/21/08 05:34 PM Re: Daughter and SIL Can't Catch a Break [Re: Vicki M. Taylor]
diamond50 Offline

Loc: Honolulu, Hawaii
Vicki, so sorry for all that they had to go through. I will keep all of you in prayer. Hugs!!

#153310 - 07/21/08 06:29 PM Re: Daughter and SIL Can't Catch a Break [Re: diamond50]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Vicki, I just now read this entire thread. Oh my gosh, how worried and stressed I'm sure you've all been. I'm so happy to read that the surgery went well. I will be holding all of them, yourself included, close to my heart and in prayer.

Whenever you can, please give us updates on his progress.

#153311 - 07/22/08 04:12 PM Re: Daughter and SIL Can't Catch a Break [Re: jawjaw]
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Thank you for the prayers... please continue them. They're not out of the woods yet. My SIL will be out of work for quite some time.

UPDATE: SIL is home from the hospital. My oldest daughter and SIL are leaving today to go back to Tucson, AZ. My ex-husband leaves on Friday.

That will be the test for my daughter. Whether she can handle taking care of my SIL and her baby at the same time. I may get a call from her.
Your Writing Coach
Writing Coach Blog

#153312 - 07/22/08 05:29 PM Re: Daughter and SIL Can't Catch a Break [Re: Vicki M. Taylor]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
Wow, I can't believe they let him out of the hospital already! He must be doing better? Can you SIL apply for unemployment at least?

I continue to hold everyone in my heart. Please keep in touch as much as you can.

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#153313 - 07/22/08 05:33 PM Re: Daughter and SIL Can't Catch a Break [Re: Vicki M. Taylor]
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
I keep you in my thoughts, Vicki! I am here in Tucson if anyone needs anything, and I mean that!

D9

"Question your privilege"

#153314 - 07/22/08 07:52 PM Re: Daughter and SIL Can't Catch a Break [Re: dancer9]
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Thanks, Dancer.. I will remember that.

Oh, and I'll be there in October. Wouldn't it be great if we could get together and meet?

Anno, I can't believe they let him out of the hospital so quickly either. But, they're on state assistance, so I guess the insurance makes the decisions. He's still in a lot of pain, wasn't eating yesterday, and thoroughly nauseated.

Don't know if he can apply for unemployment. He was a delivery driver for a pizza place. Will have to ask my daughter if they can apply. They are currently applying for state assistance. I just faxed a letter from his employer saying he's out of work and will be out of work for quite some time. and also faxed the discharge paperwork from the hospital.
Your Writing Coach
Writing Coach Blog

#153315 - 07/23/08 07:27 PM Re: Daughter and SIL Can't Catch a Break [Re: Vicki M. Taylor]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Vicki, please forgive my stupid question, I don't know why I thought it was an auto accident. I hope they get the help they need and he recovers fully. My prayers continue for you all...

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

Page 4 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved