The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 162 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#153140 - 07/10/08 06:46 PM Looking for Volunteer Position
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
I don't have to work, and don't really can, not with my situation with Bipolar, but I'm interested in a volunteer position. I was thinking about a veterinarian's office, but I've called a couple and they say they don't have a volunteer program. I was wondering about volunteering at the Humane Society? Would they take volunteers?

I'd rather work with animals than small children... LOL ... just my preference. And, you need so many certifications now to even get near a child now a days.

I was thinking of volunteering in some capacity for our troops, but have no idea how to start. Anyone have any ideas?

I'm open to suggestions.
Your Writing Coach
Writing Coach Blog

#153141 - 07/10/08 07:52 PM Re: Looking for Volunteer Position [Re: Vicki M. Taylor]
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Vicki, how good of you to want to volunteer for the troops. I am posting this site for you and it give a few addresses also like volunteer.gov. It's in your area.Hope this helps.

http://www.usafreedomcorps.gov/about_usafc/newsroom/local_vols_dynamic.asp?ID=1302

#153142 - 07/10/08 10:00 PM Re: Looking for Volunteer Position [Re: chickadee]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
Good for you, Vicki. Unfortunately all of my suggestions have to do with humans, but I know that you will find the right position for you. Kudos to you.

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#153143 - 07/12/08 08:43 PM Re: Looking for Volunteer Position [Re: Anno]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I would bet m oney Vicki that the Humane Society or SPCA in your area would be thrilled to have another volunteer...

Bless your heart for thinking of the animals. Oh and in case you change your mind some hospitals have volunteers that come in and hold, feed and rock the new infants.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#153144 - 07/13/08 03:05 AM Re: Looking for Volunteer Position [Re: chatty lady]
Mij Offline

grin

#153145 - 07/13/08 03:20 AM Re: Looking for Volunteer Position [Re: Mij]
Anonymous
Unregistered

#153146 - 07/15/08 02:22 PM Re: Looking for Volunteer Position [Re: ]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Here's another site. I met soemone from this site while at a conference and she was delightful. The stie sounds amazing:

www.volunteermatch.org

They match you with the perfect volunteer opportunity.

#153147 - 07/16/08 07:22 PM Re: Looking for Volunteer Position
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Here is yet another one I have heard marvelous things about Vicki...

www.VolunteerAmerica.org

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#153148 - 07/16/08 11:11 PM Re: Looking for Volunteer Position [Re: chatty lady]
keyholes Offline

Loc: Ohio the heart of it all
Both are great organizations, but I found you need to be a bit patient for them to follow up on the contact info you leave behind. Through volunteer match, I had volunteered for SCORE (a service corps of retired executives who counsel small business owners) and did some pro bono PR/communications and newsletter work and am currently involved with a local non-prof adult ed effort through a church for United Way (tech ed). I'll vouch for volunteer match!! SCORE and the adult ed group are great organizations.

There are so many more orgs that need help than those with children and animals. You'll be amazed at what you can find.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved