The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 169 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#15214 - 09/21/05 11:57 PM Losses
judym Offline

Loc: AL
Well today is the 11th anniversary of my Dad's passing. It always gets me,it was a sudden thing and hard to believe, today is a similar day, the last of summer with a taste of fall in the air. Dad taught me to be a strong woman, in his way - even though men of that era reigned back their affection somewhat when a daughter became a "young lady",but he was always there in love and support, just showed it in a different way. You know how little girls just put their daddies on a white horse and armor - they are our first loves, the be all and end all!. My sibs and I have our own ways to cope with Dad and Mom's anniversaries of their passing: , I always lay out flowers at the cemetary, since he and Mom are there now, when I get the rare occurance to come home.When I have a problem, I always "ask" them to help, and they give me the strength to go on. I truly believe they never leave us, they are always there in spirit.

Today, got the news that my Mom's best girlfriend has passed away. Louise was always there to keep Mom lively after Dad passed and Mom moved to a small apartment. Mom was widowed for 6 yrs. and Louise was a good help to her in that time. Not that Mom ever complained but I know it was lonesome for her. with she and Louise, Such a bond there, and reflecting on the power of Girlfriends and what they mean to your life. Louise was full of pep and didn't let her widowhood get in the way of her life. She and Mom were buds of the best caliber. Louise always called Mom "Ladybug" and after Mom passed had a small tattoo of a ladybug done. Don't even want to know where it was!! LOL there! She told us when we chance met about a yr. after Mom passed. My great comfort in this is knowing she and Mom are having a fine time in Heaven, catching up and laughing. Louise and her husband were good friends of Mom and Dad, from pregnancies to little league, graduations and kids growing up. Her husband preceded Dad in passing by a few years. Louise was integral in keeping Mom from being depressed. I bless her heart for that. The power of girlfriends, ladies - need I say more. Blessings to you all.

#15215 - 09/22/05 12:38 AM Re: Losses
judym Offline

Loc: AL
Di, I just read all the thread of your recent loss and travails - so sorry for all your pain. You have a true gift of the written word, and in some way that is a blessing, will help a great deal. It is good to come here and write out our feelings, and to have the knowledge and input of others, and to know "you are not alone" when you deal with losses. I wished this place was here after my Mom passed, I spent a year "in lost time" too proud to go to counselling and mired up totally. This site would have been a true blessing to me then. Sorry to get the thread on a different aspect, and my sympathies and prayers to you. I hope you don't think I was being disrespectful taking a different turn with the thread, I just didn't read the previous posts. I am that slammed by this anniversary of my Dad's passing and Mom's friend's passing. This past weekend we went to the cemetary to lay flowers at all the family graves, I guess that is why I am so raw right now. We only get there about twice a year, best we can do since we live so far away. Feeling rather washed and bleak. Trying to keep a good thought. Blessings to you, and peace in your heart.

#15216 - 11/05/05 10:24 AM Re: Losses
Vi Offline

judym

I'm sorry I didn't respond to your post sooner. I just now had the time. I hope the rawness of your losses has faded. I know it can be so hard.

Every year I notice the anniversary of my father's death. It's been 22 years. It doesn't hurt anymore. What comes with it for me is his loving gentle smile. The good things that he was - the positive things he gave me that I use every day of my life. The things that he wasn't, things that I wanted him to be, are no longer important. He loved me, still loves me, what more could I ask?
I still have my mom. She's 87. I don't know how that loss feels yet.

Love to you,
Vi

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved