The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 196 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#152011 - 06/24/08 09:53 AM A Miracle
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Last night we had a horrendous thunderstorm, I think it was directly over our house. I couldn’t help think about a true story that happened to my parent’s best friends about 30 years ago.

Their 5 year old granddaughter spent the night at their house. That night a horrible thunderstorm took place, and the grandchild crept into her grandparent’s bed because she was so frightened. Five minutes later an unbelievably loud crack resounded throughout the house. To the grandparents shock, they discovered that lightening entered through the child’s room, and literally split the bed she had been lying in, in half. The story was in the newspapers and on TV.

Have you or do you know anyone who has experienced a miracle, too?

#152012 - 06/24/08 11:59 AM Re: A Miracle [Re: Edelweiss]
Mountain Ash Offline

Not perhaps a miracle but told to me by a well respected man.
Jim was a pharmacist.Intuitive and had he patented his cough remedy might have been rich.
As a boy he was walking and playing the the "Den" which was a grass park beside a small local river.He was about to stoop and have a drink when a man appeared and said.."Don't drink this water Laddie" He did not and although he only glanced away could not see the man who had spoken to him.He spoke to a couple also walking there who said no man had been in the area.
If you knew the area you would understand there was no where anyone could blend into to.

It transpired there was a dead animal further up and shortly afterwards Public Health reported to all school pupils NOT to go near the Den and on no account let pets drink the river water.
He also told me that he put on the radio to hear a singer sing "Dinner for One James" and had shivers run down his back..the song had a profound affect on him.And later that week his wife died totally unexpectdly.
Jim died a few years ago..a fine old man...because he had so much wisdom he helped so many. Often his customers at the Chemist he owned came to him rather than doctor.
The Doctor was Jims cousin and many times had someone visit saying "Jim had sent them" and there was serious need of referral.Life saving at times.
So I suppose I am saying I think there are unexplained skills and more things between Heaven and Earth that we know of.
Mountain ash

#152013 - 06/24/08 12:58 PM Re: A Miracle [Re: Mountain Ash]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
EW, my brother experienced something very similar. He and his pregnant wife were sleeping when their 2-year old daughter had a bad dream and came in to sleep with them. Within moments, the Northridge earthquake hit.

My brother's house suffered major damage; chimney collapsing, everything out of the cupboards onto the floors, patio collapsed, rock siding on the house fell down, and . . . . a very heavy bookcase fell directly onto my neice's bed. She would have been crushed.

Chills, huh?

#152015 - 06/24/08 06:20 PM Re: A Miracle [Re: ]
humlan Offline

Loc: Sweden
I have no "miracles" handy at the moment..but I DOOOO LOVE this thread...so VERY VERY MUCH!!!!!

Thank you!

#152016 - 06/25/08 01:50 AM Re: A Miracle [Re: humlan]
Songbird08 Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Wow! God cares for each of his children so much! He uses whatever means to work in our favor. Praise Him for sparing these children! God cares! He is LOVE!
http://inkspirationsbyrhodi.blogspot.com

#152017 - 06/25/08 02:13 PM Re: A Miracle [Re: Songbird08]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
My dad was going to a Navy ship reunion, The USS New Orleans, one time. He was taking the Amtrack to go. We were visiting Mom at the time. Watching the news that night, we saw where the train he was suppose to be ON, had derailed and crashed. Very many people were dead, lots were in critical condition. We just sat there staring at the TV. No one could move. Then, we had the presence of mind to call other ship mates wives and see if they knew anything about Dad or if he had arrived. Not long after the calls were made and with no new knowledge of his safety, Dad called to say he had been delayed and would be taking the next train out. He said it was the strangest thing, but this man he met at the station kept talking to him and he couldn't be rude and leave him, the man being so old, and so he missed that train but would be on the next one. He had no idea what had happened and was shaken to the core when we told him. God does watch over us all...

#152018 - 06/25/08 04:30 PM Re: A Miracle [Re: jawjaw]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Amazing stories. Thanks for sharing. I wish I had one to share, but I don't. I've certainly expereinced mini miracles, but none quite like these.

#152020 - 06/26/08 11:51 PM Re: A Miracle [Re: ]
summersRain Offline

Loc: California
Thanks for the goosebumps.

#152021 - 06/27/08 12:55 AM Re: A Miracle [Re: summersRain]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I have had so many intuitive things happen in my life I could write a book about them all. Its exhilirating and frightening at the same time when this happens. One reason when living way out in the country in Illinois, I never got a speeding ticket on the long dark highway I'd speed home on, 40 miles North of Chicago. I firmly believe in someone up there is watching over me... Sometimes it just makes one shake their head in amazement.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#152022 - 06/27/08 08:24 AM Re: A Miracle [Re: chatty lady]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
I could sure use seeing a miracle (it doesn't necessarily have to have anything to do with me)... Heck, I just want to believe in them again.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved