The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 194 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#151667 - 06/25/08 06:06 PM Re: Clothes Tossing? [Re: Q_ball]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
But you had a choice...you could have given in to "why did this happen to me" BEFORE or even AFTER surgery, but you have chosen to embrace life. BOTTLE THAT STUFF...you could be a millionaire over night.

So many people will chose to focus on what tragedy has happened, what lost they've experienced, or what bad, rotten luck they've had...over and over and ad nauseam.

But not you. You show others how determination and the Will to LIVE, enjoy life, experience it, love it, embrace it, all of these things can move your spirit and your soul.

They could sure learn from your experience and your outlook on life. Thank you!

#151668 - 06/25/08 07:13 PM Re: Clothes Tossing? [Re: jawjaw]
Mountain Ash Offline

Q ball
I am in awe reading your story.Between the lines I feel you suffer pain yet think of that as proof postitive.

Continue to be the wonderful woman you are.
Love and blessings
Mountain ash

#151669 - 06/25/08 08:53 PM Re: Clothes Tossing? [Re: Mountain Ash]
Q_ball Offline

Loc: Ozarks
JJ & Mountain Ash,
Thank you for letting me know that my good intentions are coming through. Yes, it would be so easy to fall into a pitty party. But who wants to go to one of those? I talk so often to those just hit with the news that they may need a transplant and they are going through the quite typical "NO way-not me" routine. They are so scared that it leaves me wondering if they heard the message or not. Life after transplant is different, medically more difficult but that's over shadowed by the Thrill of being Alive! As a recepiant we are encouraged to write a letter to our donor's family. At first the pen and paper look like the most daunting objects you've ever been asked to use. I'd catch a glimpse of myself in a mirror and just stand there - looking into my eyes as if trying to find my donor, like they would look back at me from the inside out. Finally one comes to grips that there is another person's organ learning to reside in you & that that organ's donor family needs to know how appreciated it is, how well you intend to care for it. Quirky mix of emotions you celebrate life while they morn a loss. Which leaves a transplantee with very little room to feel sorry for themself. Right you are there are still days of discomfort, it's got to get really bad for me to actually call it anything but discomfort. LOL I've had pain, what I have now is just uncomfortable occasionally. So be it I suppose I do embrace feelings good and bad. As you say they are proof positive. Sorry I swipped the clothes tossing topic. I tend to dive into transplant chat a bit deep. BUt do appreciate the interest shown in my experience and hopfully the whole image of transplant.

#151670 - 06/25/08 09:12 PM Re: Clothes Tossing? [Re: Q_ball]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
Quote:

I'd catch a glimpse of myself in a mirror and just stand there - looking into my eyes as if trying to find my donor, like they would look back at me from the inside out. Finally one comes to grips that there is another person's organ learning to reside in you & that that organ's donor family needs to know how appreciated it is, how well you intend to care for it...BUt do appreciate the interest shown in my experience and hopfully the whole image of transplant.

Foremost, I must thank you for sharing, QBall. I am also extremely grateful that by Divine Providence and the thoughtfulness of the Donor, we have been given the wonderful opportunity to know you. I pray that you continue to be well. Many only just browse these forums but, I am extremely confident that many come away feeling stronger from what is shared here, such as your experience. You inspire.

#151671 - 06/25/08 10:37 PM Re: Clothes Tossing? [Re: Lola]
Q_ball Offline

Thank You Lola,
Those words really touch my heart, I wish there was a way to let my donor family hear them too. But that is a big drawn out process I've yet to go theough other than my letter at 6 months post-transplant. Thank You for the Prayer and Well Wishes. The Friendship of everyone here is such a warm feeling of support & genuine caring, a Blessing indeed for each of us.

#151672 - 06/26/08 11:54 AM Re: Clothes Tossing? [Re: Q_ball]
Mountain Ash Offline

Q ball
you did as many do..we start discussing a topic and wham the right question gets a reply like you shared.

Clothing is a way of communication.I so remember a duster coat and little suit I wore in the mid sixties.It was so right for me.A disabled older lady knocked her window to tell my Grandmother that me going out wearing this butter yellow coat did her heart good.
Other outfits also through the years hit the right place.
Getting harder so I stick to classics.

I was dainty..walked well being a dancer as a hobby.And importantly had a sense of belonging.

I arranged a fashion show for students a few years ago..part of the deal was the staff would choose an outfit. The store I had contacts in helped me choose and I did my best (right undergarments.. carrying a hat..knew how to walk and time my pace) next day one collegue during debriefing said that before she started talking she had to commend me.Seems that she saw another side of little me.
so Grandmas let little people dance and be aware of posture..alas my feet can play up ..shows if I overdo my activities.but if asked I could still present the persona of the girl in the butter yellow coat.

What outfit do you all remember as being the right one and at what event ?
Mountain ash

#151673 - 06/26/08 02:04 PM Re: Clothes Tossing? [Re: Mountain Ash]
Q_ball Offline

Mountain Ash,
What a lovely story & no doubt you can still be that lovely young girl/woman in yellow. It's such a bright happy color. Well suited for a bright happy lady as yourself. You are so right posture is very important, I often got comments on my posture during my "unfortunate incarseration", because even being wheeled around in a chair I'd sit straight and square shouldered with my head high. LOL Even in those flattering hospital gowns. Too No matter what I tried to wear something to control my bed-hair that coordinated with my socks. LOL I recall when the gals came to transport me to my transplant asking that they hurry and get the hair cap on cause I knew my hair was a mess & didn't want to be driven through the halls looking a fright. Stunned they tell me my hair is the last thing I should worry about, to which I said "everything else is in God's hands, we talked, but he can't do a thing about my hair, cap please". Right outfit for the occasion? Most current in my mind is the dress I wore to my son's wedding. Not that many excuses to get as gussied up as that out here in the country, so it was so fun to don all the glitz and glamor and shine!

#151674 - 06/28/08 05:28 AM Re: Clothes Tossing? [Re: Q_ball]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Q-Ball, what an inspirational journey! We are all blessed to have technology that can transplant organs to those in need. I'm not a donor candidate but hope that others will hear stories like yours and decide to donate.

Poet and essayist

#151675 - 06/28/08 11:40 PM Re: Clothes Tossing? [Re: meredithbead]
Q_ball Offline

Mereithbead,
It is amazing what technology has done for our lives, in so many ways, however medically technology is postponing what would have been certain death even just a few decades ago ago in some cases.
I had always been a donor card carrier, but after recieveing an organ I figured that booted me out of donation. It didn't! LOL I guess my organs are now pre-treated with anti-rejection medication. LOL OK Doctors have never said that! It just sounds logical in my mind.
i'm not preaching sign that card...cause I have no clue what stands between you and being a donor. but the list of parts from the body that can be donated is long. Research is now testing useing bone marrow from a donor and implant some of the marrow along with a liver or lung etc..and somehow, over time the patients getting marrow and an organ can be weaned off these high dollar meds. All this came about after my transplant. anyhow, if you interest in being a donor and thinking not, is a self thought idea due to some health issue...you might ask your dr and be surprised what you may have that is useable. Very personal choice indeed,

#151676 - 06/29/08 06:44 AM Re: Clothes Tossing? [Re: Q_ball]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Q-Ball, I'm a cancer survivor in remission but not considered cured. Because of the possibility of metastasis, doctors do not want any part of me! Maybe my eyeballs, but definitely not organs.

Poet and essayist

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved