The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 145 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#151656 - 06/22/08 06:36 PM Re: Clothes Tossing? [Re: Sadie]
Mountain Ash Offline

Hi Rennee
I was replying to Qball..who mentioned fluid might return.
I didn't make that clear..Sorry.
yes I agree its a good thing to donate.
Mountain ash

#151657 - 06/23/08 03:54 AM Re: Clothes Tossing? [Re: chatty lady]
LGood67334 Offline

Loc: California
I love, "Throw away the ones that make you feel like a loser." What a positive message this sends out to the world...and in to the soul. I was delighted to find it.

Lynn
www.writeradvice.com

#151658 - 06/23/08 07:48 AM Re: Clothes Tossing? [Re: LGood67334]
Mountain Ash Offline

Throw away the ones that make you feel like a loser

Yes..I agree.

On Saturday my daughter and I went to the big shop she usually buys from.She goes on holiday next week and picked some new tshirts capris etc.I went too just for a look see.

It was a dull morning but the sun came out as we arrived.Of course we stayed longer...lots to see.
I had pulled a long cardigan over a nice paisley skirtwhich is a subtle green and good quality..my long cardigan matched..Totally suitable for my size and looks good USUALLY. But it was unsuitable next to the summer clothes racks..and the other shoppers.Who were wearing casual summer tops and sundresses.
There were plenty mirrors..so I kept seeing myself.

I won't disgard my skirt and the cardigan (almost coat like) is a good basic garment.But I will think twice about what I wear and where I wear things.Image is important to the wearer .So sometimes its not our clothing but the situation we are in.
It was the wrong choice that day.So layers and a bit of forethought are necessary for me.
Mountain ash

#151659 - 06/23/08 03:53 PM Re: Clothes Tossing? [Re: Mountain Ash]
Q_ball Offline

Loc: Ozarks
Mountain Ash,
YES, I would connect the Elation of tossing in part to the fluid being gone. It was the most miserable time in my life. I actually could feel my feet 'slosh' when I walked (which wasn't too far). Looked a good 18 months pregnant with a litter! LOL Before my sugery while still awake I noticed all the doctors/nurses etc had on waders, in my frame of mind going under I was thinking OMG I'm being operated on by chicken plant workers! We have Tyson's locally and all their plant ppl walking into work have on thse same knee high water boots. LOL
AFter wards when my Dr inquired how far into my surgery I could recall I mentioned, "y'all had on chicken boots" etc...Bless him he was so confused. Leading to fliud, when they sliced into me 38 pounds of fluid gushed out of my abdomen alone. So dang Tootin' I'm elated at being 105 pounds lighter than my sick me. LOL

#151661 - 06/24/08 07:50 AM Re: Clothes Tossing? [Re: ]
Mountain Ash Offline

QBall
waders...your frame of mind pre op.
That time when we have had some sedation prior to an op...I just bet nurses will have some stories..funny how you connected the chicken factory.

I remember post op..looking at ice cream on a plate and believing it was "lovely" did not want to eat the square blob..a type of ice cream I would never buy..

makes me wonder what drug users actually see, and believe.
Mountain ash

#151662 - 06/24/08 08:00 AM Re: Clothes Tossing? [Re: Mountain Ash]
Mountain Ash Offline

Qball
do you might sharing how and when the fluid came..and what outcome health wise now.
I have an older friend who has ("lymp problems") thats all she says..a lovely woman in her sixties who was a local politican and memeber of many forums.This health issue restricts her mobility.Its just a thing she does n't share and I have never asked.I see her a wonderful person who has done so much for society.She would be on panels to interview senior teachers and staff.Always knew how to pick the right candidate.She being housebound is a loss to many as well as in a personal sense for her. One thing I can say is that she shows such compassion and interest when any of us have a health problem.
Mountain ash

#151663 - 06/25/08 02:57 PM Re: Clothes Tossing? [Re: Mountain Ash]
Q_ball Offline

Mountain Ash,
My fluid was due to liver problems. Long story spanning a few years of terrible health-recovery-illness returning & finally a Liver Transplant in 05. At one point just days before my transplant, I was actively dying...so I fought BOY did I fight. Literally I heard the nurses telling each other at shift change (thinking i was asleep), "She's on comfort Care", OK I have medical experience I knew what that meant. LOL I sat right up in bed, turned on CMT at midnight ordered jello pudding and and rocked the whole ward! Anyhow, the entire ordeal is a whole new topic...Today, I'm pretty much fine, probably not as fine as I profess, but I will not allow anything to slow me down..just a personal motto, but for me "to give in (to the I don't feel like it's) is to give up". BY all rights I shouldn't be here. I now consider Pain as 100% proof that I'm alive! I take meds every 12 hours for antirejection and run with the big dogs. LOL Fluid isn't a problem as long as I keep a high protein diet, exercise and drink lots of water...However it could come back at any given time if the internal balance of my system were to get too far off. I do have monthly complete blood workups + a check on all liver fuction and the level of meds in my system at time of next does, and annually go far beyond a routine physical. At this time I'm having a potassuim problem (too high) readjusting meds, hoping to get it under control. I've had or will have by weeks end 4 extra labs done this month. I am feeling a tad out of wack, but life goes on. My outlook is good mentally and physically as long as I play by the self and medically induced rules.
I do promote organ donation and comfort new or waiting transplant patients, talking about transplants my own or in general isn't a problem for me. I answer all questions open and honest.

#151664 - 06/25/08 03:40 PM Re: Clothes Tossing? [Re: Q_ball]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Gawd I'm glad to know you. If you are an inspiration, who is?

YOU DO ROCK QBALL!

#151665 - 06/25/08 04:00 PM Re: Clothes Tossing? [Re: jawjaw]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I agree, Qball rocks. You'd never know all she's been through when reading her other posts. I totally applaud you for taking such good care of yourself. Amazing how the human body works, isn't it?

#151666 - 06/25/08 04:33 PM Re: Clothes Tossing?
Q_ball Offline

Ah Thanks JJ & Dotsie,
Most all women are inspireational in some way. I feel you both inspire me, your attitudes, the work/play you do here and how you take your time to build others in need up, provides comfort and a distraction from what ailes us..That's inspiring ladies. When I was hospitalzed and running to doctors or in hospital every few days, the one thing I kept in mind and told them all was "Nobody ever Really died laughing", hence not even at my lowest point did I stop cracking jokes or laughing even if it was only at myself. LOL At my post Transplant phsyco evaluation I had to stop and get serious cause the Dr thought with such illness how can this woman still be cutting up so, no doubt a wacko. After explaining to her my attitude she had a full turn around of my mental state. I still refer to my hospital days IE: Designing women spin, my "unfortunate Incarseration", & minutes before lights out in the final operating room my anatheseoligist asks 'are you ready?', I replied "Let's Get 'er Done!" and fell asleep smiling so they tell me. THe experience was rough, but the lessons have been well worth it all.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved