The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 168 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#151646 - 06/19/08 03:29 PM Re: Clothes Tossing? [Re: Mountain Ash]
QBall101 Offline

A gal for comfort..those sets are so nice to putter in, a lot of them now are nice enough to run shopping in too. I like keeping basic go with all shorts & workout type pants around with a colorful assortment of Tees & maching socks, looks pulled together and yet comfortable. I have finally, started feeling like I'm worth a $40 bra! LOL A few months back I was on a undergarmet kick! So fun...

#151647 - 06/19/08 03:55 PM Re: Clothes Tossing? [Re: Mountain Ash]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
MA, love the idea to start with the skin out. I've always owned basic underwear and I'm stepping out lately an dlove it.

Funny thing is the difference between my daughter and I in this cattegory, and I think it's the same with the rest of their generation. They have the best underwear; all colors, prints, etc.

Funny thing, she has to wear a white shrit for work and has to go out and buy new bras because she has no white or beige ones. That's all I've ever had, well, mayb e an occasional black. How funny is that?

They ear pink tank tops with either pink bras or some other wild color like turquiose and they do it on purpose. What a hoot.

Anyway, I do what diamond does. I pretty much clean out each season. However, I was cleaning out our youngest son's closet since he's coming home soon, and I found all these nice wool dress clothes that' I'd been hanging on to. They are now on his bed and the next stop is green bags to go to Goodwill.

Does anyone here like getting rid of stuff as much as I do? I feel a total sense of accomplishment when I pitch things.

#151648 - 06/19/08 04:25 PM Re: Clothes Tossing?
QBall101 Offline

LOL Dotsie,
Glad to hear you're stepping out w/ undies too. My last bra was a racer back, heather gray / hot pink trim! So comfortable and I too Love stepping out in that department. THe senior lady I cared for, last year close to 70, had the most colorful undie drawer...got me to thinking? Agreeing..a day spent tossing 'stuff' is a day well spent, it's liberating.

#151649 - 06/19/08 04:33 PM Re: Clothes Tossing? [Re: QBall101]
ladyjane Offline

Loc: Southern Maine, USA
I absolutely love underwear buying when I can. I "stepped out" of the humdrum years ago and went crazy with it! I have to wear such comfortable but drab things when I work but when I'm home or out elsewhere I have quite the array of sexy stuff...lol

#151650 - 06/19/08 08:39 PM Re: Clothes Tossing? [Re: Mountain Ash]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
This is a bit off the subjecgt but did anyone else hear about tbhe woman suing Victoria Secrets because her thong panties damaged her? Yes its true, but not where you think. It seems she was trying on a pair and some decorative little plastic flower flew off, hit her in the eye, pemanently damaging her cornia. Whats next? Honestly!

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#151651 - 06/19/08 09:31 PM Re: Clothes Tossing? [Re: chatty lady]
QBall101 Offline

Chatty, what I want to know is where in the 'world' is there a place for a plastic flower on a pair of thong panties anyhow? ANd Way off topic, but have you seen pantiliners for thong panties? Now do tell IF ya need a pantiliner - please wouldn't it be wise to skip the thong panties!? Really OH BTW 3 boxes ready for the Doggie Store and counting...

#151652 - 06/19/08 09:42 PM Re: Clothes Tossing? [Re: chatty lady]
Mountain Ash Offline

The town I like shopping and abnking in has this good shop.We call it the tshirt shop..Fred Perry and all types on tshirts for men and ladies.Body warmers fleece and really good eaincoats.I have one which if I had a horse would keep me and the horse dry!!!cost a lot but less than in a big retail shop.
This week the buyer/owner had a stock of French socks. really good designer type.Fashion and style,I got some tried them daughter tried mine and ther following day I went and bought each of us a selection.These are retailing in high streets for seriously high prices and this man "did a deal" and they are £1 each pair.Trouble being that after this average chain store socks will be a let down.
Its an Alladins Cave shop...
Dont know if I should have posted this on the good news link..however they brighten my day.
This man buys loads of stock so can reduce the retail cost.He also goes to outdoor events where his stock is in demand.Its golf and walking stuff outdoorsy.No nice comforable trousers..but I keep looking.I like ballet type velvet bottoms..they kind dancers put on over leotards.

Yes Dotsie I carry goodwill bags to my car with gratitude knowing that these unwanted extra items will be appreciated..will make someone elses day.
Mountain ash

#151653 - 06/20/08 01:08 AM Re: Clothes Tossing? [Re: Mountain Ash]
Sadie Offline

Loc: MD
Dotsie,

Got you beat on getting rid of stuff . Took cloths up to the local hosptial for the nearly new sale at GBMC and then four bags off to goodwill . Then went shopping for new things that I needed after I ahd keep the old clothes some ten years and out of style. Went to Talbots at the mall and Coldwater Creek are having 50% off and all the stores . I just stuck to Talbots . I can't believe I had a linen jacket for ten years and when I had it drycleaned it go so stiff well that went out the door . I went to the outlet and purchase a new one .

Don't want to buy to much losing the weigh and only getting tops that just plum wore out on me . I hate clutter and have to get rid of it . I have comforter in the storage room that are clean in the plastic bag that are going to Goodwill . Wee.... it feels good to get it all cleaned out .

Renee

#151654 - 06/20/08 07:19 AM Re: Clothes Tossing? [Re: Sadie]
Mountain Ash Offline

Do you connect your elation at donating with the fact your weight has gone.And the fluid..
M mmm.I ponder

#151655 - 06/20/08 03:21 PM Re: Clothes Tossing? [Re: Mountain Ash]
Sadie Offline

Loc: MD
Quote:

Do you connect your elation at donating with the fact your weight has gone.And the fluid..
M mmm.I ponder

Mountain Ash,

I am not sure what you mean ! I never mention fluid loss . I really feel it is a good thing to donate after all clothes do get out of style after awhile . We do need to refresh our cloth at some time .

Renee

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved