The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 137 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#151463 - 07/10/08 07:50 PM Re: Addicted to BWS forum contest only [Re: Dee]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Great choice Dotsie. I loved both poems! Congratulations Dee and Eagle heart. Dee,...is this the beginning of a new writing career?

#151464 - 07/10/08 07:53 PM Re: Addicted to BWS forum contest only [Re: Edelweiss]
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Congratulations Dee and Eagle...you said it all. I can relate fully.
Dee, I didn't know you were a poetress(is that a word?)

#151465 - 07/10/08 09:22 PM Re: Addicted to BWS forum contest only [Re: chickadee]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
A big congratulations to both Dee and EAgle. With writing like that, you deserve the recognition. Wonderful poetry.

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#151466 - 07/10/08 10:12 PM Re: Addicted to BWS forum contest only [Re: Anno]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Oh, I`m so excited and tickled by this that I`m dancing in my chair! Thank you everyone - congratulations Dee! What an awesome surprise!

I`m actually in northern Quebec right now, for a short vacation, visiting hubby`s family. It`s somewhat difficult finding time and opportunity to get online here, but I try to get here once a day to stay caught up. Even now, people are waiting for me upstairs to join them in yet another card game, so I can`t stay for long.

I love this community, and I really miss you - and WHOA, a huge crack of thunder just resounded - my BIL wants me to shut down his computer! Bye!!!

(Maya Angelou)

#151467 - 07/11/08 01:11 PM Re: Addicted to BWS forum contest only [Re: Eagle Heart]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Eagle,
I love to play cards. Got room for another player???
HeeeHawwww...congrats on the excellent writing!!!

#151468 - 07/11/08 01:59 PM Re: Addicted to BWS forum contest only [Re: jabber]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Dee requested that I give the five books to a local community. I live right behind the Presbyterian Home and Dee happens to be Presbyterian so guess who's getting a surprise this weekend?

The five books were all donated by Williams Morrow/Harper Collins. I just love the way they donate books for our contests!

I gathered five books that I thought the elderly would enjoy. So here goes:

The Light Within: The Extraordinary Friendship of a Doctor and Patient Brought Together by Cancer, by Lois M Ramondetta, MD and Deborah Rose Sills

Ladies of Liberty, by Cokie Roberts

Clinton in Exile: A President Out of the White House, by Carol Felsenthal

Bulls Island, by Dorothea Benton Frank

Entertaining at the White House with Nancy Reagan, by Peter Schifando and J Jonathan Joseph

Dee, I'll give them with a note saying that you donated them. Do you want me to include your last name?

Edited by Dotsie (07/11/08 02:00 PM)

#151469 - 07/11/08 08:56 PM Re: Addicted to BWS forum contest only
Dee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Dotsie...you can give the books on behalf of Boomer Women Speak...you don't have to use my name. I'm happy that Williams Morrow/Harper Collins donated books and I hope that the Presbyterian Home will be able to use them.
Thanks again, Dotsie, for the lovely gesture and I'm so glad I was able to do this because of the contest. I love this site.
Hugs hugs hugs!!!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved