The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 145 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 6 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#151373 - 06/23/08 05:33 PM Re: At a loss for words [Re: jawjaw]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
The phone rang today, and it was my son. "Mom," he sang into the receiver, ..." I just called to say....I, I, I,".... (hmmm...a crack in the CD?)... "I, I, I, Loooooooove youuuuu...from the bottom of my stinky sneaker shoes.".....

Oh man....maybe my sons aren't that different from me afterall. ...Me happy now!

#151374 - 06/23/08 05:52 PM Re: At a loss for words [Re: Edelweiss]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
Aaaaaaaaaaw!!! Always love a happy ending, EW.

#151375 - 06/23/08 06:10 PM Re: At a loss for words [Re: Lola]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
EW, I was away for two days and look what I missed. SO glad the gals were here for ya. And even happier that you got an apology on his terms - not your husbands. Very cool.

#151376 - 06/23/08 06:37 PM Re: At a loss for words
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Oh honey, that brings tears to my eyes! HOORAY FOR SON! I'm so happy for you and for him!

#151377 - 06/23/08 07:31 PM Re: At a loss for words [Re: jawjaw]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
SONS rock!! Once in a while anyway... Happy for you too mom.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#151378 - 06/23/08 08:17 PM Re: At a loss for words [Re: chatty lady]
Dee Offline

Loc: Alabama
I've used a half box of tissue reading this again...our boys can bring us to our knees with just three little words... "Laundry done yet?" JUST KIDDING!!! Made you laugh!!
I'm thrilled to pieces Edelweiss that he called you and said that...he knows you love him...and I'm so happy you talked...isn't that wonderful!!!!!

#151379 - 06/23/08 08:30 PM Re: At a loss for words [Re: Edelweiss]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Actually I was talking from observation, mostly: the stepchildren that snatch and grab everything their stepmom and dad have worked a lifetime to acquire. I've seen distant family members with that attitude of what's yours is mine, because it's your fault I was born in the first place. My adoptive folks' had nothing to do with that statement. Sorry! Didn't mean to confuse anyone. I have nothing but the deepest respect for adoptive parents!

#151380 - 06/23/08 08:44 PM Re: At a loss for words [Re: jabber]
humlan Offline

Loc: Sweden
EW...soooo happy for you and your son..for that phone call he made to you!

You got some great advice here...as I read thru this thread..

#151381 - 06/23/08 09:14 PM Re: At a loss for words [Re: humlan]
Q_ball Offline

Loc: Ozarks
After reading this all again + the problem with EW's son, I wanted to add something.
Before my son's wedding, stressfull last minute preps at every turn, in addition to moving to their new house etc..He got very harsh with me. Being human I snapped back. Later I called him and we talked. I started he conversation with an apology for loosing my temper & told him I understood his harshness. Then asked him what all was bothering him, ''long talk'' & we came to the agreement, he snapped at me, because I was the safest, most forgiving person for him on this planet. In essence, Being his Mom, I was the one place he could let down and vent without a super ruckus..he was stressed. Our younger adult kids are so stressed, we hate to admit it, but things aren't the same as when we were their ages. granted they need to learn to deal with it & I do have many gripes RE: My kids... But, my son Thanked me for letting him blow off steam and finding a way to do it appropreatley. He was afterall, not going to upset the bride nor have a fuss with his soon to be inlaws, my DH would have only demimished his woes with a Told you so attitude & his brother, boss and co workers wre just not an option for his fussy tears, fears and frustrations. Nope he needed his Mommy. Now, I do reserve the right to be at total odds with this same child at any given time. But this was just an instance of a time where HE had more on his plate than he knew how to deal with.
QB
Probably like EW mentioned her son's behaviour was more directed at others than actually at her, her idea hat the temps/golf and a 2 y/o didn't jive was just a good opportunity for him to unload on someone. Mom was safe and handy. Aren't we always, really?

#151382 - 06/23/08 09:26 PM Re: At a loss for words [Re: Q_ball]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Edelweiss, I'm so happy for you and that wonderful phone call...doing a happy dance on my chair...well, I'm doing a butt-happy dance, not actually standing on the chair dancing...anyway, I'm glad he phoned you like that!

(Maya Angelou)

Page 6 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved