The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 165 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#163111 - 10/18/08 02:41 PM Re: Liberated unto extreme greatness! [Re: Danita]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
Hi Danita, thanks for checking in! My thoughts and prayers will be with you next week for court. So glad you are finding the positive side in all of this; it must be tough to find your footing and move on, but you will do it!

Kathy

#163148 - 10/18/08 09:39 PM Re: Liberated unto extreme greatness! [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Danita, girlfriend, just remember in court to remain cool, calm and collected the ex (blah-phooey) will most probably try to get you all wriled up so you look like a nut to the judge, also usually a MAN! My prayers are with you, especially on Tuesday. Tell 'you know who' I said hi!
'

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#163190 - 10/19/08 01:23 PM Re: Liberated unto extreme greatness! [Re: chatty lady]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Danita, good for you for holding him accountable. What makes him think you can do it all on your own? What is he THINKING?

Remain calm and know that God is right there in that court room with you girlfriend.

Thanks for your update. It's alwasy good to hear from you.

#164145 - 10/30/08 07:36 PM Re: Liberated unto extreme greatness! [Re: Dotsie]
katebcca Offline

Loc: Victoria BC Canada
I wish the best for you Danita. Be prepared though as it took me 7 years to get anything out of my ex and I had three children. He spent his money on other women instead of his kids.

Karma does bite them in the butt though.

Good luck and be prepared for anything. The judge believed my ex was poor even though his tax return stated he made $100,000 per year. They based child support on $21,000 as he income split saying his girlfriend worked for his company, then he said the remainder went for expenses. I sat there in shock for a while. I decided that day that I could never depend on him for anything, there was freedom in that.

Just remember, the law is not always fair. That said, I do hope it works out for you.

Kate

#164174 - 10/30/08 10:28 PM Re: Liberated unto extreme greatness! [Re: ]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Oh Danita, where are you, how'd it turn out for you????

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#164282 - 11/01/08 12:07 PM Re: Liberated unto extreme greatness! [Re: chatty lady]
Danita Offline

Loc: Colorado
Hi ladies,

Well, the court read him his rights, told him he could serve jail time so he might want to consider getting a lawyer, and informed him if he's "indigent" then the court would appoint him a lawyer.

He's going for the "indigent" role - and applying for a lawyer.

So, this won't go to court until Jan of next year.

I am underwhelmed with the unfairness of the court system.

I am extremely shocked at how little regard the court system has for women who are not receiving their court ORDERED maintenance.

I was married for 21 years, was a stay at home, homeschooling mom, and all I got out of the divorce was used furniture.

I gave up relying on him over a year ago, and yes Kate, it is extremely freeing. I am VERY blessed to not be on his financial rollercoaster.

He looks like hell. litterally. My guy went with me to court and saw my ex for the first time. He will attend with me in Jan as well. I'm sure that hacked my ex off a bit.

He was very adgetated that the court couldn't do anything on that day (he had driven 2 plus hours from his house at 9:30 am).
If anything, I can take some satisfaction that I am running him a bit ragged.

Thanks for asking Chatty!

The blessing is....I am healthy, my childen are healthy, I have a wonderful, satisfying life with a new man who adores me. I sleep well at night...and I have incredible abundance and joy!!!!

What more does a gal need???? lol

hugs to ya sisters!

danita

My most recent story for my mom:
http://www.heritagemakers.com/projectBro...tSponsor=384221

#164284 - 11/01/08 12:16 PM Re: Liberated unto extreme greatness! [Re: Danita]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Danita, is that January of 2009? So another month goes by with nothing. What is he thinking?

Glad to hear your new honey went with you for support. I'm sure that felt great.

I've always admired your attitude.

#171060 - 01/13/09 03:30 AM Re: Liberated unto extreme greatness! [Re: Dotsie]
Danita Offline

Loc: Colorado
Well ladies,

Miracles DO happen!

Both of my children spent Christmas with myself and my honey honey -- we had a WONDERFUL time. It had been a year and 3 months since I had seen my 17 year old boy.

He and my daughter both love my honey honey -- what a blessing THAT is.

I put my son on the plane back to MD on Monday, spent the day crying....and on Tuesday, I got THE call, that he can't live with the family he's living with anymore...and he wants to come home.

I wouldnt in a million years have thought his coming home was a possiblity.

Then, a day later, my honey honey proposed to me! wahooo. We will celebrate our love on Dec 31st, 2009. LOL, I know, it's a ways off, but we are planning a real wedding and need some time. You ALL are invited!

So, that's what's new with me.

GOing to court with my ex on the 27th -- not looking forward to it...but will continue to pursue justice!

hugs to ya'll,

danita

My most recent story for my mom:
http://www.heritagemakers.com/projectBro...tSponsor=384221

#171064 - 01/13/09 04:12 AM Re: Liberated unto extreme greatness! [Re: Danita]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
Wow, Danita, lots of wonderful news!! I'm so happy for you!

You're so funny, calling him "honey honey" smile

I wish you all the very best!!

kathy

#171070 - 01/13/09 09:12 AM Re: Liberated unto extreme greatness! [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
Edelweiss3 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
Just LOVE happy endings! Had to think of the Abba song "Honey Honey"…aaahaaaa!

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved