The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 159 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#158156 - 08/30/08 06:27 PM Re: Another Unexpected Grief Trigger [Re: jawjaw]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I always sprinkle paprika on my deviled eggs. It adds color and taste as well.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#158167 - 08/30/08 07:18 PM Re: Another Unexpected Grief Trigger [Re: jawjaw]
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
If not, may a thousands mustard seeds invade your garlic powder...

I almost choked on my coffee!

#158204 - 08/30/08 09:48 PM Re: Another Unexpected Grief Trigger [Re: chickadee]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
I wish you had wished that a thousand mustard seeds would invade my FAITH...I've been praying for faith the size of a mustard seed...imagine faith the size of a thousand mustard seeds!

Hmmm, they say to be careful what you wish for...I wonder if wishing for faith the size of a thousand mustard seeds might be one of those wishes that saying is about...

Anyway, the chart is very old and fragile, but I'm going to try and make copies. It would take me weeks to type it onto an excel sheet, but wouldn't it be a labour of love (another "work of heart") to do that for my BWS sisters! Maybe if I start now, I could get it done in time to put inside of my Boomer Christmas cards this year!

(Maya Angelou)

#158207 - 08/30/08 10:02 PM Re: Another Unexpected Grief Trigger [Re: Eagle Heart]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
And then again, my friend, maybe my "jesting" was a way of showing you that the powers that be are listening? A sign...maybe?

#158212 - 08/30/08 10:16 PM Re: Another Unexpected Grief Trigger [Re: jawjaw]
Eagle Heart Offline

When you have the ears to hear, nothing is a coincidence anymore. One thing I do know with certainty is that God has a wonderful, delightful sense of humour and seems to take great delight in hearing His people laugh.

(Maya Angelou)

#158227 - 08/31/08 12:00 AM Re: Another Unexpected Grief Trigger [Re: Eagle Heart]
Happy Birthday Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Hi. I don't know exactly what tangent we are on with this thread, so I'll just jump in an add mine. I thought faith is faith, and that it did not come in a size. So what I wonder is if we have faith of a mustard seed, is that not enough? Gosh, I hope it is else I have been remiss all these years. Is faith like pregnant, either you are or you are not? I thought that faith would ebb and flow like the ocean, but the ocean is always there. I wonder... PL

#158231 - 08/31/08 12:28 AM Re: Another Unexpected Grief Trigger [Re: Princess Lenora]
Eagle Heart Offline

PL, I don't know either. When JJ was talking about throwing mustard seeds into my garlic powder, that Bible verse came to mind, to paraphrase Matthew 17:20: "if we have faith the size of a mustard seed, we can move mountains...nothing is impossible for us".

Well, that passage has always irked me, because no matter how much faith I have, I still can't move myself very far, much less a mountain! So then that makes me wonder if I truly have much faith at all. Which could be discouraging if I weren't thinking more positively these days.

I prefer your thought that faith ebbs and flows like the ocean but is always there. I think that's a better fit for me personally.

But it WAS rather thought-provoking to ponder about having faith the size of the thousand mustard seeds that JJ was threatening to throw into my garlic powder. The mustard seed was what made my mind leap from garlic powder to faith...weird how we do take these threads through some strange tangents!

(Maya Angelou)

#158233 - 08/31/08 12:45 AM Re: Another Unexpected Grief Trigger [Re: Eagle Heart]
Danita Offline

Eagle,

Your explaination of grief was just beautiful. It is good to know that what I'm experiencing is "normal".

You are so right about how being thankful somehow brings up the loss.

I had a spell yesterday, and just felt like my heart was breaking.

My 19 year old daughter called from the ER, she had fainted at work - and they insisted she go to the hospital.

Both of my children are in less then desirable living situations.
As a mother who gave 19 years to full time mothering - it is excrutiating to not have them in my daily life AND to have them living in less then desireable situations.

Both of them live where they live by choice. It just hurts, and fear tugs at my heart from time to time for them.

It made me think about mothers whose children have run away from home - and they don't know where their kids are and if they are safe...

So, I know I'm in a better situation. There is ALWAYS someone who is in a worse situation!

Thank you Eagle for sharing your heart! It's good to be back in the forums!

hugs,

Danita

My most recent story for my mom:
http://www.heritagemakers.com/projectBro...tSponsor=384221

#158234 - 08/31/08 12:50 AM Re: Another Unexpected Grief Trigger [Re: Danita]
Danita Offline

p.s. EH, the thing about the loss of loved ones to death - is how life just continues. There is a short blink in time - that their life and death is recognized...the funeral is over, and EVERYONE (but those closest) just go on with their lives. It isn't fair!!!!!

One of my dearest friends just surrendered to cancer after being terminal with it for five years. She didn't die from cancer - she lived with it. She displayed such unbelieable grace.

I can't believe she is gone. Just like that. And the world continues to move on........

I know what you mean when you say that you would give anything to have them back - there is such a deep sense of loss.

My most recent story for my mom:
http://www.heritagemakers.com/projectBro...tSponsor=384221

#158242 - 08/31/08 01:44 AM Re: Another Unexpected Grief Trigger [Re: Danita]
Happy Birthday Princess Lenora Offline

EH, I suspect that you have moved mountains, and you just don't see that yet. I believe you have moved yourself very far, you don't realize. Danita, I can feel your pain in regards to your children. I bet you were very scared when your daughter called from ER. I'm sorry to hear about your friend. L, L

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved