The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 153 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#14668 - 11/16/05 06:34 AM Re: dealing with aging body parts
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Has anyone noticed how after middle age, all conversation seems to eventually come around to body parts?

At one time we all sat around discussing movies, books, vacations and men. Nowadays we talk about illness, doctors, and hospitals. We go into great detail about our various bodily functions and malfunctions. And nobody better ask us, "How are you?" We'll tell 'em--in great detail. We'll describe our most recent surgery, our last doctors visit and all about our kidneys, liver, galbladder and mental health.

And I'm afraid it only gets worse.

smile

#14669 - 11/16/05 07:57 PM Re: dealing with aging body parts
ladybug Offline

Yes, do you remember thinking, that's all those old people talk about is their surgeries, can't stand to be around hearing that etc, etc., and now we're doing it. Does that mean we're old coots too now? LOL!!!!!!!!!! [Razz]

#14670 - 11/17/05 01:28 AM Re: dealing with aging body parts
flipperjo Offline

Loc: ND
you think we're bad, the worst people i've ever known to talk about their old body parts and the medical details are OLD MEN! for some reason, men seem to suddenly hit a stage where nothing is off limits and they are gross...

#14671 - 11/17/05 04:59 AM Re: dealing with aging body parts
yepthatsme2 Offline

Loc: Fredericksburg, Va.
Old men talking is bad enough...
Let's just hope, they don't want to show us the scars. [Eek!]

#14672 - 11/17/05 06:11 AM Re: dealing with aging body parts
ladybug Offline

Ugh, which scars do you mean??? [Eek!]

#14673 - 11/18/05 08:56 AM Re: dealing with aging body parts
Ms. Sotmary Offline

Loc: Upper Westchester, New York
I had an interesting conversation yesterday with a friend who always concerns herself with how she is now limited by her age. She fits everything into the context of what she believes her aging will bring about and what she can no longer do, like improve at the gym or go back to her Haitian dance classes. I asked her if in her youth she had compared all the things she could do with what being young gave her. For example, I am so energetic because I am 17 years old. She said no. So I then asked what could she focus on if the beliefs about getting older weren't in the picture either? Healing injuries, getting more information about her health, tending to new health issues as they come up. Just no cloud over her head, that hides the sun from shining on her. What does everyone think about this approach? Pie in the sky? Realistic?

#14674 - 11/18/05 01:41 AM Re: dealing with aging body parts
yepthatsme2 Offline

Loc: Fredericksburg, Va.
Ladybug...you've never been around men when they are showing off their scars???
It's like a badge of courage for them.
All the men in my family are more than happy to point out each and every scar.
What scars were you thinking of?

#14675 - 11/18/05 04:26 AM Re: dealing with aging body parts
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Ms Sotmary, I agree with what you've said here wholeheartedly....I looked forward to menopause and have breezed right through it. I hate aging but try to find the good in it, I hate my body deteriorating too but its inevitable so why bitch and moan constantly about it, learn to except it, make it your own and believe it or not it does help. I use to be caught up in the, 'when I lose weight' bull pucky, well I did and nothing changed except I did feel better. Any one who says they don't mind aging is not being truthful, its no fun but it beats the hell out of the alternative....rest in peace. [Big Grin] [Wink] [Razz]

#14676 - 11/18/05 04:42 AM Re: dealing with aging body parts
ladybug Offline

The last sentence in Chatty's posting is so true!

Any kind of body scars near the groin area, ugh!

#14677 - 11/18/05 09:50 AM Re: dealing with aging body parts
AvalonBlondi Offline

Loc: West Chester ,PA
Chatty ...you are truly a gem...you always hit the nail right on the head...and have such a ladylike way of doing it....thank you...by the way...many many thanks for helping me....I owe you one... [Smile]

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved