The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 142 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#14658 - 11/08/05 12:42 AM Re: dealing with aging body parts
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
I always give new bras the "bounce test" -- I jump up and down (just little jumps!) in the dressing room and see how much bounce there is. Too much bounce, no buy. I refuse to wear padding or underwires.

What I realized is -- if the bra is too small and I ooze out of sides or top, I'm gonna bounce. I finally broke down and bought the bigger size. Anyone else who's had a little bit of middle-aged expansion, just forget about the size you used to wear and buy something that fits.

[ November 07, 2005, 04:45 PM: Message edited by: meredithbead ]

#14659 - 11/08/05 12:55 AM Re: dealing with aging body parts
Danita Offline

Loc: Colorado
NOW, That's a picture! Meredith bouncing up in down in a bra in a dressing room!

rotfl,
danita

#14660 - 11/10/05 06:58 AM Re: dealing with aging body parts
AvalonBlondi Offline

Loc: West Chester ,PA
The loss of the functioning body part that bothers me most is my bladder...i can't go anyplace without visiting the little girls room..in fact...i bet I could be in the Guinness Book of Records for the vast number of places I have peed...I used to try and see how long I could hold it...but now...if I have to excuse myself 3 times during dinner..I don't care...my kids roll their eyes and say "here she goes again"
and my response is...wait until you have 10 lb. babies who use your body as a hotel for nine months...I wear my old age like a crown,,,my kids don't call me "Queenie" for nothing!!! [Smile]

#14661 - 11/12/05 09:17 AM Re: dealing with aging body parts
Vi Offline

AvalonBlondi,

I haven't had any kids use me for hotel and still I have to pee a lot. Before a meal and after a meal. When I was a kid I didn't get up to pee in the night at all. In ealy adulthood I got up once a night. These days I'm up two - four times. It's absurd. And I don't even like to pee. My husband thinks peeing is enjoyable - but then he doesn't have to take his clothes off to do so. The only thing I envy a man for is his ability to pee inconspicuously wherever he is. Hehe.

Vi

#14662 - 11/13/05 04:33 AM Re: dealing with aging body parts
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
There are many places I refrain from going (no pun intended) because I have to go so often, what is that anyway?? I even wear a pad sometimes just in case and believe me I hate those horrid things....What ticks me off is you feel like theres an ocean about to burst free so you hurry to the restroom, sit and three drops fall out. [Mad] But I bet if you were late getting there it would be an ocean...Geesh!

#14663 - 11/14/05 08:14 AM Re: dealing with aging body parts
Vi Offline

For me sometimes it's a blood sugar thing. I'm hypoglycemic and like diabetics I have to pee more often. I've noticed the less water I drink a given day, the more it feels like I have to pee, yet not much comes out. I guess the stuff is more concentrated and irritates everything in there.

#14664 - 11/14/05 11:37 PM Re: dealing with aging body parts
flipperjo Offline

Loc: ND
i know that the real me is hiding someplace within the skin that others recognize. my knee hurts constantly, my feet take turns. my brain is in a fog and my memory is a goner. and this is good compared to a year ago! and fat, fat, fat! i envision reaching to my neck, grasping the zipper pull and opening up the shell i'm in, allowing the real me to step out into the light. no pains in the joints, reading without glasses, running, jumping and living without pain.

yeah, right!

#14665 - 11/15/05 04:51 AM Re: dealing with aging body parts
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Oh honey child maybe thats what happens on judgement day when we stand before our Lord, zipper down and the new us emerges. But I wouldn't hold my breath to long here on earth if I were you, or me or any of us aging beauties cause it ain't gonna happen. [Eek!]

#14666 - 11/15/05 07:55 PM Re: dealing with aging body parts
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
We used to tease Mom about writing a book called Pots Around America because she had tried them all. Now guess who should be writing that book? [Eek!] I'm taking off where she left off.

You all are too funny!

#14667 - 11/16/05 01:41 AM Re: dealing with aging body parts
ladybug Offline

Try taking a 4.6 mile walk at night and halfway through you have to go do "the big dump." You're walking faster and on your tip toes lest anything "slip" out. Why is it that as soon as your bowels see their front door everything feels like it's right on the verge of releasing? I never remember anything like this as a child. Please don't let us laugh too hard because some of us know what happens when we do that.

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved