The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 195 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#146115 - 04/20/08 08:42 PM Re: Writing Schedule [Re: Kelly L. Adams Stone]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
This is such an interesting topic. First Kelly, I loved your book and underlined quite a bit that I will eventually begin commenting on.

Right now, I have a publisher that is interested in a book from me. It's a nice publishing house. I've spoken with the editor (the head honcho), I know my topic, but can't seem to get my act together. My fear is that I don't have the time. I have become so busy with my sites/association that it is going to take a huge effort on my part to get it done.

I really need to spend time in prayer to see if this is what God is calling me to do. The scary thing is that I think it is what God's calling me to do, but I don't want to listen. Not a good thing.

#146116 - 04/20/08 09:19 PM Re: Writing Schedule
Kelly L. Adams Stone Offline

Loc: Florida
hi Dotsie,

Congratulations! That's wonderful that you have a publisher interested in a book from you.

If you decide to do it, I'm sure that you will make the time. Just use one of the 7 schedules I present in TIME TO WRITE.

Best wishes,
Kelly

Author of:

TIME TO WRITE: More Than 100 Professional Writers Reveal How to Fit Writing Into Your Busy Life-- No Excuses, No Distractions, No More Blank Pages!

#146117 - 04/21/08 08:50 PM Re: Writing Schedule [Re: Kelly L. Adams Stone]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Kelly, thanks for the vote of confidence.

I love how you took soemthing you wanted to learn more about and chose to write about it. It proves we don't have to be experts to write a book. Writing the book made you the expert. I find that fascinating.

#146118 - 04/22/08 01:32 AM Re: Writing Schedule

Thanks Dotsie.

I wanted to show people how I had started a successful writing career while working a full time job. So many said to me, when they learned my novel was getting published, that they wished they "had time" to write a book, as if I lounged around in my PJs all day eating bonbons. I wish! I wanted to show people that even if you work full time, like I still do, and have a family and other typical obligations that you can still get your writing done. All of the 104 successful writers I interviewed for TIME TO WRITE are busy people, both before and after publication.

Kelly

Author of:

TIME TO WRITE: More Than 100 Professional Writers Reveal How to Fit Writing Into Your Busy Life-- No Excuses, No Distractions, No More Blank Pages!

#146119 - 04/22/08 03:08 AM Re: Writing Schedule [Re: Kelly L. Adams Stone]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Dotsie, I dare say you might have to forfeit one thing for a while to take on the task of writing. You support writers here. Remember what Julia Cameron says about "shadow artists" for example those who own a gallery but don't paint even though deep inside they want to but they are afraid. You've got to start on a writing schedule. I think you already decided, but you are stalling. I know that stalling tactic very well! I think I made a terrible mistake by substituting other activites to avoid finishing a second and third book.

#146120 - 04/22/08 10:48 AM Re: Writing Schedule [Re: Princess Lenora]

Substituting other things to avoid writing is also what is known in psychology as resistance. For whatever reason, it's human nature to put off or totally avoid doing things that are good for us or our lives. There's an exercise in TIME TO WRITE about resistance to writing and managing resistance to writing that helps combat this issue.

Kelly

Author of:

#146121 - 04/22/08 12:52 PM Re: Writing Schedule [Re: Kelly L. Adams Stone]

Ladies,

I will be on Book Talk with Gail Cohn, Sandy Springs Radio, tomorrow (Wednesday April 23) at 12 noon EST, 11 CST. I'll be discussing TIME TO WRITE and how you can find time to write no matter how busy you are! Click below to listen via live streaming:
http://radiosandysprings.com/booktalk.php

Hope you listen in!
Kelly

Author of:

#146122 - 04/22/08 01:35 PM Re: Writing Schedule [Re: Kelly L. Adams Stone]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

I hear you ladies talking about me. I am stalling and can't figure out what I'm afraid of.

Kelly, I came here to post the above announcement, but am glad to see you've already posted.

Kelly, what process did you use to get your book done in spite of everything else you were doing?

#146123 - 04/22/08 10:28 PM Re: Writing Schedule

Hi Dotsie,

If you mean how I found time to write despite working full time, I started getting up at 3:30 AM and writing for 2 hours before work every day. Then on Saturdays, I wrote for about 3 hours. I took a break on Sundays.

Is that what you were asking?

Kelly

Author of:

#146124 - 04/23/08 07:41 AM Re: Writing Schedule [Re: Kelly L. Adams Stone]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Hi Kelly, so nice to meet you. I think this is a fantastic topic, and I know I can learn from it. Actually getting up at 3 in the morning and writing is a brilliant idea. That is a time when no one can interrupt you. It means going to bed at 9:00, though. Doesn't it? How else is it possible?

Thanks for all the inspiration!!!!Wooeeee...I'm jumping on this train!

Edelweiss

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved