The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 163 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#146044 - 04/08/08 11:15 PM feeling out of sorts,
nevadaangel Offline

feeling out of sorts, MY 50th birthday is approaching, April 26th, I just cant seem to get out of my feeling out of sorts, Help Me!

#146045 - 04/08/08 11:22 PM Re: feeling out of sorts, [Re: nevadaangel]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Nevadaangel, can you untangle some of the feelings to see what all's at play...50 is a huge landmark...you can feel both a wondrous sense of accomplishment at having landed there at all, and at the same time, feel a terrible sense of time having slipped away from you far too quickly. Lots of life to look back on, lots to contemplate on the road ahead.

Any idea what's swirling around in that mixture for you?

(Maya Angelou)

#146046 - 04/09/08 01:17 AM Re: feeling out of sorts, [Re: Eagle Heart]
yonuh Offline

Loc: Arizona
Nevadaangel, I'm sorry you're feeling so out of sorts. Big milestones can do that to a person. I know that I sometimes feel restless, as if there's more I should be doing, but can't quite get a handle on what it is. For me, it's a sense that life is rushing on, and I sometimes feel I can't keep up. At those times, I just take a day to reflect on what it is that's making me feel that way - writing helps. If I just start writing with no goal, I am amazed at what appears on the page (or screen)! Then I get back to normal and life goes on - sometimes with a new sense of purpose or a new goal.
http://sablewings.wordpress.com/

#146047 - 04/09/08 03:09 AM Re: feeling out of sorts, [Re: nevadaangel]
hotflashgal Offline

Loc: New Jersey
I know just how you feel. I will be turning 50 on May 12, plus my daughter will be leaving for college in August. I know that I should be looking forward, but I'm not. "Out of sorts" is a good way to put it. I'm not really depressed, but I just don't feel right. I find myself being extremely reflective and wondering about the choices I've made in my life. When I am working or with people, I manage to put on a happy face, but in moments of solice, I have to admit I am feeling a bit sad.

#146048 - 04/09/08 05:41 AM Re: feeling out of sorts, [Re: hotflashgal]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
Perhaps you can highlight the best things you've done so far in life.

I turn 50 next year.

#146049 - 04/09/08 04:14 PM Re: feeling out of sorts, [Re: Eagle Heart]
nevadaangel Offline

oh my you really put it all in a nut shell of whats going on with me thats exactly how i feel!

#146050 - 04/09/08 04:16 PM Re: feeling out of sorts, [Re: hotflashgal]
nevadaangel Offline

yes Thats the way i feel, not depressed just out of sorts,

#146051 - 04/09/08 07:53 PM Re: feeling out of sorts, [Re: nevadaangel]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I just turned 50 in MArch. I think the best thing to do is focus on the good you've brought and bring into the world.

I also recommend journaling to help us put our finger on why we feel the way we feel. I know with me, my mind races and I don't always cary thoughts like this to fruition. With journaling, you get to carry the thought and figure out what's behind it.

I recall facing my empty nest, and it was sad. I felt restless and out of sorts. It was the end of an era I totally enjoyed and I quietly grieved that. Thorugh journaling and much prayer, I decided it was also a grand time for a new beginning and soemhow, by the grace of God, switched my thoughts to the positive.

But I do remember being restless and out of sorts and it didn't fell great.

Let's keep working it out here if you gals want...

#146052 - 04/14/08 10:16 PM Re: feeling out of sorts,
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I felt really out of sorts, still very weak Saturday when meeting everyone but knowing that it was my own fault really ticked me off. I have begun a strict regime in mind and body as of the weekend and will keep you posted as to my success. I refuse failure of any kind...

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#146053 - 04/15/08 12:20 PM Re: feeling out of sorts, [Re: chatty lady]
ladyjane Offline

Loc: Southern Maine, USA
I, too, have felt very out of sorts for the past month or two....nothing age-related (I don't think) but just a feeling of not connecting with the world. I blame it partly on my crazy schedule but feel I'm coming through it a bit now. I've always felt weird in the Spring and to this day it baffles me! After the winter we've had I should be full of joy...and I am in many ways but I've always felt odd this time of year.

#146054 - 04/16/08 10:14 PM Re: feeling out of sorts, [Re: ladyjane]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Well stupid me was guzzling diet A&W root beer and diet orange soda as if it were going out of style due to the dry windy weather here, and then one day I made ham & beans for dinner, then the next day ate greasy fried chicken at a friends house (yuk) and the next day at home made beans and shredded beef tostadas, and all of a sudden Wednesday night, PAINNNNNNNN!!! I thought I was having a heart attack. It was a gallbladder attack, which as JJ told me later, can be just as painful as a heart attack. You think?So all day Thursday I was suffering, ate no food, just broth and water and tea. I felt a bit better Friday, same diet, and was able to meet up with the gang at Ballys on Saturday. I was still dragging and in some mild pain but did eat at the buffet and it didn't bother me at all, in fact I felt much better. So anyway, NO more diet sodas for me. I stocked up on sugar free peach ice tea,
diet kool aid in several flavors and of course ice water.

Ladyjane in the spring you may be experiencing a little bit of allergy to pollen etc. Not all people have huge attacks of allergies just minor ones. They know they feel out of sorts but haven't a clue why...

Edited by chatty lady (04/16/08 10:17 PM)

#146055 - 04/24/08 01:47 PM Re: feeling out of sorts, [Re: chatty lady]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Bet there isn't a woman alive that doesn't feel out of sorts, periodically! [like every couple of days]

Chatty, love,
Watch what you're putting in your mouth, there girl!!!!

Edited by jabber (04/24/08 01:47 PM)

#146056 - 04/24/08 02:14 PM Re: feeling out of sorts, [Re: ladyjane]
humlan Offline

Loc: Sweden
..I read somewhere that the spring is the top season for depressions and..feeling out of sorts. It seems that we sort of expect ourselves to be happy along with the lovely weather..and when it doesn´t work that way..it feels a bit off. You know..I should be happy, but I´m not..type thing.

#146057 - 04/24/08 02:27 PM Re: feeling out of sorts, [Re: humlan]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Wazamatter Humlan? Tell Mama Edelweiss. I sad when you sad.

#146058 - 04/24/08 02:42 PM Re: feeling out of sorts, [Re: Edelweiss]
ladyjane Offline

I'm with you on the Spring sadness thing. It's just that it's kinda weird. I've felt that way as long as I can remember. In fact, 30 years ago I would actually be in a serious clinical depression that would start in April and be at its worst by June. Nowadays I've just had more of an offbeat feeling and been more discontent. It always evens out as weeks pass and doesn't disrupt me a lot. I wish I knew the cause but maybe there isn't a significant one more than it being "just me."

#146059 - 04/24/08 02:43 PM Re: feeling out of sorts, [Re: Edelweiss]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
You know, I'm reading your words Humlan, and I have always felt just the opposite with Spring. I've always felt a sense of hope, renewal, regardless of my situation.

With Fall, I USE to have the feelings you have mentioned some have with the springtime. Fall meant going back to school (which I hated) and being closed in the house with four sisters, and so I never liked Fall untill I got older and could appreciate the seasons and the changes they bring.

I'm with Edelweiss, though. I hope you are not sad, and that you find the joy in each day. You are so very wise, me thinks, and I love having you here in this community of women. I don't think you, and some of the others, realize how vital you are to this group of women and our virtual friendships. Be glad you are WHO you are, I know I am glad just because I know you.

#146060 - 04/24/08 11:06 PM Re: feeling out of sorts, [Re: jawjaw]
Saundra Offline

Loc: Daytona Beach, Florida
I loved turning 50, hated 55, and decided it's wonderful to have birthdays. I'll be 61 in May and proud of it.

As for feeling out of sorts, that happens more than I'd like. I work to turn it around.
www.gotteethguide.com for your Free Tips

#146061 - 04/25/08 12:26 AM Re: feeling out of sorts, [Re: nevadaangel]
LGood67334 Offline

Loc: California
Thanks for reminding me how glad I am to be beyond 50 and close to 60. So many things in my life have gotten better over the last ten years. I hope the same will be true for you.

Lynn
www.writeradvice.com

#146062 - 04/25/08 02:03 AM Re: feeling out of sorts, [Re: jawjaw]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
Quote:

You are so very wise, me thinks, and I love having you here in this community of women. I don't think you, and some of the others, realize how vital you are to this group of women and our virtual friendships. Be glad you are WHO you are, I know I am glad just because I know you. by JJ

You stated the facts so well, jj... I'll add a ditto, or two.

#146063 - 04/27/08 03:17 PM Re: feeling out of sorts, [Re: gims]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
There must be something wrong with me. I love Spring. I love the buds and the green grass and the various birds that return from wherever they go. I like seeing the new baby chicks waddle across the lawn from one pond to the other. This is my favorite, happiest season. Sorry some of you are sad! Nature renews, right now. Everything comes alive under the bright sunshine. Maybe I'm out to lunch????

#146064 - 04/27/08 06:18 PM Re: HAPPY BIRTHDAY, NEVADAANGEL!!!, [Re: jabber]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
From your original post, you would have celebrated your 50th yesterday. So, I am bumping up this thread to wish you. The greetings may be a day late but the wishes for abundant blessings your way remain the same.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, NEVADAANGEL!!!

#146065 - 04/27/08 07:30 PM Re: HAPPY BIRTHDAY, NEVADAANGEL!!!, [Re: Lola]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe

#146066 - 04/27/08 08:54 PM Re: HAPPY BIRTHDAY, NEVADAANGEL!!!, [Re: Edelweiss]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Have a splendid HAPPY BIRTHDAY Nevadaangel....

#146067 - 04/27/08 09:16 PM Re: HAPPY BIRTHDAY, NEVADAANGEL!!!, [Re: chatty lady]
ladyjane Offline

Happy, HAPPY Birthday!!!!

#146068 - 04/27/08 11:40 PM Re: HAPPY BIRTHDAY, NEVADAANGEL!!!, [Re: ladyjane]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Happy Birthday, NevadaAngel - your 50th birthday is such a momentous occasion, it has to last longer than a day...at least a week, if not the entire month! You've come a long way and that's a journey worth celebrating well!

(Maya Angelou)

#146069 - 04/28/08 01:54 AM Re: HAPPY BIRTHDAY, NEVADAANGEL!!!, [Re: Eagle Heart]
Sandpiper Offline

Loc: Kissimmee, Florida
Happy Birthday Nevadaangel! I hope your birthday is as special as you are dear one.
www.tidedancer.com

#146070 - 04/29/08 08:49 PM Re: HAPPY BIRTHDAY, NEVADAANGEL!!!, [Re: Sandpiper]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Happy Birthday. Hope you did something special. Has anyone emailed her?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved