The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 110 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 9 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Topic Options
#162897 - 10/16/08 05:33 PM Re: An Entry for the Gratitude Journal! [Re: Dotsie]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
humlan, your plans sound fun and exciting... the anticipation has to be equally charged!!!
Glad to hear happiness in your written voice! It's contagious.
We're having a beautiful October day in this part of Texas. It rained all day yesterday, flooding some roads, but with the rain came cool weather. We have no sun showing right now... and it's cool to cold, but oh so nice.

#162904 - 10/16/08 05:45 PM Re: An Entry for the Gratitude Journal! [Re: Dotsie]
Happy Birthday Edelweiss2 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
Humlan what a way to gooooo! Visiting your son and bringing your grandchildren; how cool is that!
Do tell us more about your grandchildren! How old, and such. Wanna know Everythiiiiing!
And yes, dear friend…you sent light warmth and love…as usual.

#163757 - 10/25/08 05:30 PM Re: An Entry for the Gratitude Journal! [Re: Dotsie]
humlan Offline

Loc: Sweden
Thank you so much for sharing my happiness!

I saw a movie recently..based on a true story..called In The Wild..where a young man..after graduating from college, takes off on a long trip across the US..with only himself for company and no money..his destination - Alaska..the trip is for him to find himself..which he does. He comes to the realization that real happiness is shared happiness. Sooo..thank you!

My grandkids are 11yrs old, the boy..and the girl is 8 yrs old..almost 9. I suppose they´ll miss their mom..but my daughter and her family, whom I am visiting, also understand this..so we are planning to keep them busy. My youngest son..will also be there, so I am sure my grandkids will manage..as I say..the ADORE him. My grandkids have never flown anywhere..and it´s a 9hr journey..so this will be fun and an adventure..both of for me and for them.

Meredith.. my SIL has started his chemo..he is on his 2nd treatment. I talked with him last nite..and he was pretty tired and feeling nausious (spelling?). But he joked about it all and said that my daughter told him he must be feeling like we women do when we are pregnant. He had described for her how he felt. So my SIL said..now I know how you women feel..I´ve had kidney stones which are compared to giving birth and now, the chemo, which is like being pregnant. smile I am sooo grateful that he has been able to keep his naturally positive outlook..I think he is my hero at the moment. I admire his courage. And everyone else´s that have had to go thru chemo and cancer.

I am so grateful for my own health (as far as I know wink )..and for my dear family that gives me so much..just by being the wondeerful people that they are. grin

#163776 - 10/25/08 10:47 PM Re: An Entry for the Gratitude Journal! [Re: Eagle Heart]
savvygrandmother Offline

Loc: texas
Awesome Photos. How can anyone doubt the existence of God with such majesty around us! Thanks for sharing!

"Grandmothers are a new kind of breed. I know I am one. Baby boomers are changing the face of grandparenting for the 21st century." www.martynorman.com, http://savvygrandmothers.blogspot.com

#180498 - 04/19/09 01:55 PM Re: An Entry for the Gratitude Journal! [Re: savvygrandmother]
humlan Offline

Yes..I like reviving old threads.. smile the ones that you can write on whenever you like..without having to be following them..

And Gratitude is something that is nice to feel..

And I am just grateful for this moment..my partner is watching F-1. I am sitting at my computer, listening to music..taking it easy. And the sun is shining outside..and soon we will get out there too..after awhile.

And it´s nice to know that you ladies are here..that this site is here..AND we´re on Facebook now too. I just became a fan!!! smile

#180618 - 04/21/09 02:47 PM Re: An Entry for the Gratitude Journal! [Re: humlan]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
humlan, we can always count on you to count your blessings. Thanks for bringing this up again.

I'm thankful the sun is shining after a full day of rain (which we needed). It's going to be in the 60s today. Woohoo.

I'm also grateful that while we were away on vacation, our daughter who lives with us was able to take care of our dog and house. I'd much rather pay her than a dog sitter. Also know our dog was much happier with her around. Got to find joy in the little things.

#180922 - 04/26/09 03:04 PM Re: An Entry for the Gratitude Journal! [Re: Dotsie]
humlan Offline

Dotsie..

I am grateful for this moment..listening to Bruce Springsteen..thinking of my friends..looking at the birches out there with their new leaves..a moment of peace!

Hugs!

Page 9 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved