The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 121 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 7 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#146033 - 07/09/08 03:54 PM Re: An Entry for the Gratitude Journal!
ladyjane Offline

Loc: Southern Maine, USA
I bet we will, too, Dotsie. It will be a porch at first, then hubby will do the rest. We're going to fill it with mostly windows and very little wall space and make it a 50's era/tropical space. Our '54 seeburg jukebox will be the first item out there along with a cafe table. It should be a very fun room!

#146034 - 07/09/08 10:41 PM Re: An Entry for the Gratitude Journal! [Re: ladyjane]
humlan Offline

Loc: Sweden
LJ what FUN!!!! I see that you live in Maine..so this will make it even more fun..because you can be "outside" will being cozy "inside"..if you know what I mean?

Guys..if you decide to dance to the music on that jukebox..with all the windows everywhere..you´ll be the rage of the neighborhood. Who knows..you 2 just might get suggested to some danceshow or something!!!

#146035 - 07/10/08 11:43 AM Re: An Entry for the Gratitude Journal! [Re: humlan]
ladyjane Offline

Loc: Southern Maine, USA
Yes, humlan, we will enjoy all of this so very much when it's finished. The idea of 50's and tropical may sound so funky to so many but it's truly "us" and that's what we wanted to capture in this very special room. In fact, having so much in common is what drew us together ultimately. The jukebox is a real treasure and we can only imagine the history in it if it could only talk! Also going out there is an original 1977 "Spirit of America" pinball machine, an original gumball machine from the '50's, and all sorts of other little treasures. When the jukebox lights up at night, it's awesome! Our plan is to have a huge indoor/outdoor party next summer to celebrate all our accomplishments here.

#146036 - 07/10/08 11:14 PM Re: An Entry for the Gratitude Journal! [Re: humlan]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Quote:

Eagleheart..I am having a tough day..but I am still writing to you in the gratitude journal thread..because I want to thank you for your post..and MountainAsh..for the watering your garden first story/thought. Without expounding here on what´s going on..I just want to say that your posts gave me the beginning of a way to turn my thoughts to something positive. At least turn them in that direction..

Eagleheart..you have direct contact with God/your Source!!! I am overwhelmed at the contact you have with yourself..meaning your self!!! However do you do it??? Are you, in other words, finding your answers within your self? Is someone guiding you? Or are you your own guide? My goodness what a blessing..and how incredibly far you have come!!!!And you are living proof that it can be done..

What a treasure you are. And what a treasure you have!

Humlan, I haven`t been able to respond before now, and in fact, may have to cut this short (BIL wants me to shut his computer down because of a storm outside). But I wanted to just let you know that I`ve been here reading, keeping in touch, just not able to respond.

I don`t know how to explain this spiritual connection - and I hope I can do so without coming across as proselytizing! It`s just always been there. I`ve had amazing dreams and a heart-relationship with God ever since I can remember. I`ve abandoned Him in hurt and anger many times because I thought He had abandoned and betrayed me. But somewhere along the way I realized that I simply love Him, not for what He does, not for what He can give me, but simply because He is; He is and always has been my best friend and companion-along-every-way.

My only ``secret`` is to sit still long enough to hear, and to keep the eyes and ears of my faith open, because I`ve learned that He loves us so much that He uses EVERY possible means to reach us - music, nature, others, books, and that quiet essence that exists deep inside of oneself. I take whatever speaks light, love, hope and mercy and use those as my road markers. I`ve learned that ANYTHING that diminishes or debilitates me in any way, shape or form is toxic and false and does not come from God.

I have also learned that it`s okay to ask God questions - in my experience, He always answers, though it`s not always what I want to hear. Those are the times when I`m apt to close my ears and wait for a different answer rather than accept the one He`s giving - which then leaves me to despair over His silence, when in fact, He`s rarely silent - I just sometimes close my mind to what He`s trying to say.

The other thing I`ve learned is that He has a WONDERFUL sense of humour and loves to use it! Again, it involves faith, keeping the eyes and ears of one`s faith open to believing that He really does want to be an intimate part of our lives and finds unexpected ways to touch us.

I love hearing His voice speak through my fears; I love feeling His presence in the middle of a long, lonely night; I especially love it when He makes me laugh. And I love just nestling into Him when life gets too overwhelming - it`s how I`ve survived so much despair. Now I can feel Him healing that place so deep within me that I`ve never been able to reach or touch before. I can feel the change - a wonderful, powerful healing is happening, but in order to be a full participant in that healing, I have to make time to just sit still and listen - and be willing to hear what`s being spoken into that silence, and to believe that it`s Him. The way I know that I`m heading in the right direction is when the words bring the strength to continue, the light to see my way through - and a love that breaks through my mangled thinking and empowers me to believe that all things are possible.

Humlan, it`s in every one of us. We are ALL beloved and have a unique niche. And we all have that still, silent, sacred space deep within ourselves where we can sit and listen and know that all things are possible.

(Maya Angelou)

#146037 - 07/10/08 11:34 PM Re: An Entry for the Gratitude Journal! [Re: Eagle Heart]
humlan Offline

Thank you, Eagleheart..thank you so much for your answer. And it was EXACTLY what I needed this nite..

#146038 - 07/10/08 11:37 PM Re: An Entry for the Gratitude Journal! [Re: ladyjane]
humlan Offline

LJ.. your enthusiasm and joy lights up my room here almost like that jukebox of yours over there in Maine!!!

I would LOVE to see it..and who knows..maybe someday I just will!!

#146039 - 07/12/08 12:30 PM Re: An Entry for the Gratitude Journal! [Re: humlan]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
EH, thanks for sharing with our humlan. YOur words are always music to my ears. If anyone has missed reading EH's book, you must read it.

LJ, would love all us boomers to barge in on the party. I got a new car and for the first three months it comes with free XM radio. I set the stations for 60s, 70s, 80s music, country, and also Christian. It's so cool to hear the music from our teenage years.

I'm grateful to celebrate our 29th wedding anniversary tonight with Ross at a special restaurant outdoors under the stars in the country. Woohoo.

#157895 - 08/28/08 02:50 PM Re: An Entry for the Gratitude Journal! [Re: Dotsie]
humlan Offline

nd it has everything I love to do and see and hear in it. When he reorganized it for me..the last thing he did that last nite we had together..so that I would more easliy find everything..he said, "Well, here goes..my final thing before I travel. Wow is this hard to do!"

#157896 - 08/28/08 02:56 PM Re: An Entry for the Gratitude Journal! [Re: humlan]
humlan Offline

Oh God.. I wrote this long post to you all..to tell you about what is happening..and only the very last part got printed. I am devastated. This new forum doesn´t like me..at least it feels like that right now.

Bye for now..I´ll try another time. This was a bit hard to take right now.

Lot of love

#162485 - 10/12/08 08:07 PM Re: An Entry for the Gratitude Journal! [Re: jawjaw]
Edelweiss2 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
Today was so warm we could put the car’s top down. I have become quite the shutter-bug. So I put together a little slide show of the sights we saw today. The castle, Neuschwanstein, is just 45 minutes from us. The restaurant we ate at is right across the lake, with a view of the castle. The pictures came out a little fuzzy, but I think you can recognize it. Aren’t the waitresses cute? I love those dirndls. They are so feminine.
We discovered a lake with vibrant fall colours. It was fun putting the photographs together.

Hope you enjoy my little show. And please turn up your volume. Aufwiedersehn!
Want to accompany me on our little autumn drive? Click here:-)

Page 7 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved