The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 153 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#145993 - 05/12/08 06:50 PM Re: An Entry for the Gratitude Journal! [Re: jawjaw]
humlan Offline

Loc: Sweden
I like the thought of a Gratitude Journal..one that I can share with you..my friends here.

Lately I have been feeling this very fragile, but nevertheless real, break in the wall between my 2 middle adult children and myself..the ones that have gone to and still go in extensive therapy. I feel this warmer feeling..an openness..when we meet. One of them is my daughter (single with 3 kids..with heartache of her own)..it´s a small ray of light..but it´s there..from both of my kids. The other one is my 28yr old son..

Anyhoo..I am so grateful for this..I sort of thought that this would never occur.. or perhaps sometime in like 20 yrs or so. Or when I was dead and buried and probably didn´t care anyway.. But it kinda feels like the wall is moving..leaving spaces to reach thru..OH I hope..I hope..and I am quietly grateful for this..and hoping and praying..wasn´t there a really good song..way back when. called..Wishin´ Hopin´ ??

#145994 - 05/12/08 07:17 PM Re: An Entry for the Gratitude Journal! [Re: humlan]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Congrats Humlan...and yes, it was Leslie Gore, wasn't it?

I'm so happy that you have these feelings of a breakthru...that is so wonderful for all concerned. Holding you and yours close, my friend.

#145995 - 05/14/08 07:35 PM Re: An Entry for the Gratitude Journal! [Re: jawjaw]
humlan Offline

Thank you,JJ!! And Japp..Leslie Gore!! That´s it..now I should be able to find her on the net..thanks again!!!!

And thanks to the powers that be for this day..a special day..

Edited by humlan (05/14/08 07:37 PM)

#145996 - 05/14/08 08:27 PM Re: An Entry for the Gratitude Journal! [Re: humlan]
humlan Offline

JJ..NOPE..Dusty Springfield or Dionne Warwick..the latter mentioned was the original singer..hmm..listening to U tube and enjoying the music and the memories!!!!

I wandered from Dusty S. to Jimi Hendrix on U -Tube..åååååå..gratitude for these moments and this music!!!!

Edited by humlan (05/14/08 08:58 PM)

#145997 - 05/14/08 09:37 PM Re: An Entry for the Gratitude Journal! [Re: humlan]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Of course! Dusty Springfield! I can hear her singing it now. You are so right. Enjoy the music and let it take you where it may!

#145998 - 06/01/08 12:16 AM Re: An Entry for the Gratitude Journal! [Re: jawjaw]
humlan Offline

I am just grateful for the gift of life..during this absolutely beautiful spring and summer season..during my NOW and present moment. And I am so grateful for all my loved ones..family and friends..that I can share this time of beauty with them..and celebration,too. Amen. Amen. Amen.

And so be it...

#145999 - 06/01/08 12:39 PM Re: An Entry for the Gratitude Journal! [Re: humlan]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
I am grateful for finding the perfect new home for Dennis and me.

I am grateful for having the strength within me to keep moving forward and embracing life.

I am grateful for DVDs, many of which have taken me away from my own problems into the worlds of others.

I like this thread. Thank you.

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#146000 - 06/01/08 01:29 PM Re: An Entry for the Gratitude Journal! [Re: Anno]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

I am grateful for my fingers that glide across the keyboard..sometimes faltering, but I have my beloved "delete" key that I am just as grateful for.

I'm grateful for the soft rain that visited today. I reminded me of my youth and the joy I shared with my sisters and neighborhood friends as we played outside in the rain, wearing our swimsuits, and making dams, mud pies, and such. What a nice place in my mind to revisit!

I'm grateful for the Southern Pecan Creamer my son introduced me to that I use in my third cup of coffee....never in my first!

I'm grateful for my friends here at BWS and beyond. My life is rich.

#146001 - 06/02/08 10:46 AM Re: An Entry for the Gratitude Journal! [Re: jawjaw]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I'm grateful for the singing birds and blue skies that are surrounding me this morning.

And today, I'm especially grateful for my youngest son who is the Executive Producer and Director of Photography for a music video being filmed today and Wednesday in Orlando, FL. This is his first time producing. He has 25 people working with him. Please offer a prayer for his peace of mind and clarity as he undertakes something he hopes to do over and over again. I appreciate it. I'm thankful because he is forever calling and emailing to share his life with us.

I'm thankful for the most kind nurses who have been caring for my loved one in the hospital. It's just like the good old days when the nurses took an intereest in every patient. I've been amazed.

I'm thankful for your listening ears and compassionate hearts.

#146002 - 06/03/08 02:41 AM Re: An Entry for the Gratitude Journal!
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Singing birds and successful, happy children...
Could anyone ask for more?

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved