The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 157 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#145973 - 04/08/08 10:12 PM An Entry for the Gratitude Journal!
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Well, you know we have to find joy in the small things, right? Well, I just love that my hubby came home today with a HUGE bright yellow bag full of hollow chocolate Easter bunnies (my favourite kind) that he found on sale at the store for 90% off. What a guy!

(Maya Angelou)

#145974 - 04/13/08 07:11 PM Re: An Entry for the Gratitude Journal! [Re: Eagle Heart]
humlan Offline

Loc: Sweden
Eagleheart..I like this idea..a gratitude journal..very much! BUT when I was going to add to it..I found that I couldn´t think of anything..eventho my life is so blessed..I KNOW that!!!! This must reflect my state of mind at the moment..and I didn´t like that..so I went out for a short walk..and I just got back. I have something I can add here to your gratitude journal..and it´s a thanks to myself..which I kinda need just now..I realized on my walk that I had stuck to my yoga for a bout a year now..and this has resulted in the fact that I can manage the "greeting to the sun" excercise or warm up. It has become a part of me..which also made my rather quick walk just now..easier. My knees didn´t creak quite as much and I didn´t find myself totally panting for breath.

Now..the walk was a 10min walk..so it´s no great big achievement..but, for me, right now..it means a kind of breakthru...

thank you for your own ability for gratitude, Eagleheart..it helped me along this evening here in my Sweden..and I am so grateful for YOU!!!!

#145975 - 04/15/08 05:09 PM Re: An Entry for the Gratitude Journal! [Re: humlan]
Mountain Ash Offline

I have a gratitute journal also..just before sleep I recall the days blessings..
Mountain ash

#145976 - 04/15/08 07:20 PM Re: An Entry for the Gratitude Journal! [Re: Mountain Ash]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Great topic. Eagle, I would also give thanks for candy and a hubby who bought it!

humlan, congrats on sticking with yoga for a year. That's awesome and so very good for you! Keep up the good work.

I am grateful for the lunch I just had with my sister, Dad, two aunts, and cousin. Sis and I tagged along (well, really drove Dad now that he sold his car) and we were so uplifted by these elderly pepole who still make it a point to be with one another. They are amazing and such great role models. One aunt is turning 87 and is still driving and should be. There's no reason she shouldn't. She's totally with it. Another has been battling cancer for six years and jokes that they have to plan their lunches around her chemo schedules. She also warned her doctor that she was taking a month off from chemo this summer because she's going to the beach. I admire my dad and his family. Their tenacity is remarkable. Great spirits!

#145977 - 04/15/08 07:35 PM Re: An Entry for the Gratitude Journal!
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
I first learned of the concept of a gratitude journal from Sarah Ban Breachnach, author of "Simple Abundance." I've practiced it off an on over the years. I think writing down what one is grateful for puts a conscious focus on the gratitude. At least it does for me. Otherwise, I might be more casual, like thinking, "Oh, I'm grateful for that beautiful view of Pikes Peak" and then letting the thought pass. Writing it down adds a dimension of awareness for me. This morning, my husand and I agreed to keep a gratitude journal for each other. We'll share the same book, left open at all times, for either one of us to make an entry of what we are grateful for about the other. This is not a new concept but it's the practice of the concept that counts. So, it's a mutually beneficial exercise. I am grateful that he is willing to participate! Dotsie, your luncheon sounds like a wonderful family get together!

#145978 - 04/15/08 08:09 PM Re: An Entry for the Gratitude Journal! [Re: Princess Lenora]
Mountain Ash Offline

Sarah is an inspiration and taught me too.
Mountain ash

#145979 - 04/23/08 12:45 PM Re: An Entry for the Gratitude Journal! [Re: Mountain Ash]
Eagle Heart Offline

Some things I put in my personal gratitude journal, some are worthy of sharing, especially here.

I'm feeling such gratitude for this safe place where we can come and just be. What inexpressable comfort in finding acceptance, connection, encouragement and common ground within each other's presence. And what joy it is to be able to swap stories, exchange insights and share wisdom as we each journey through our days. It's difficult to put into words just what an awesome gift it is to be puttering through my day (and/or my mind!) and then be able to come here and share life and connection with you women in the midst of that puttering...you are such an indescribably special and beloved - and vital - part of my life. And I thank God for each and every one of you, I thank Dotsie for creating BWS, and I thank each and every one of you for being, and especially for being here.

(Maya Angelou)

#145980 - 04/23/08 01:06 PM Re: An Entry for the Gratitude Journal! [Re: Eagle Heart]
Mountain Ash Offline

In my town (next to where I live now) there are many people who know me and I have always known them.
One man lost his wife 30 years ago in an accident.We met him on Monday after a doctors visit.
His convesation...how are you two...I remember being at school with your Mother.She could run better than anyone ..she was quiet.Good at art.
Then..I was in personnel when you started work(to my husband) you were tall and blonde.
Jim this man sees me at church...tells me how he misses his wife..having that special someone who listens..and is in his home.
My gratitude journal...
Thank you for my husband and companion....and for the quiet time we share.How we fit together..
Thank you for the people who lift me up by remembering my people and accept me..
My children ...My friends.My home.
All the small things together that make my life happy
Mountain ash

Edited by Mountain Ash (04/23/08 01:09 PM)

#145981 - 04/23/08 09:04 PM Re: An Entry for the Gratitude Journal! [Re: Mountain Ash]
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Eagle, here's something I thought would interest and please you.

Capt. Bob Bartlett celebration event receives funding

The provincial government has handed the Historic Sites Association of Newfoundland and Labrador an additional $225,000 to support Celebrating Bartlett 2009, an event to mark the life and achievements of Arctic explorer Capt. Bob Bartlett.
The funding, to be provided over a two-year period, will bring the total government funding of this event to $400,000 since 2006.
“Capt. Bob Bartlett’s accomplishments include far more than his famous 1909 Polar expedition with Robert Peary,” Tourism Minister Clyde Jackman said. “He is internationally recognized for his early Arctic exploration and subsequent scientific expeditions.”
Activities being organized by the association include travelling exhibits, dramatic presentations, educational programs, lectures, and a ports program with the Bowdoin, an Arctic expeditionary schooner from Bartlett’s era.

#145982 - 04/23/08 09:37 PM Re: An Entry for the Gratitude Journal! [Re: chickadee]
Eagle Heart Offline

Thanks, Chick! It really does please and delight me to hear any Bartlett news!

Our family has been talking about taking a trip to Brigus, Newfoundland...maybe we should try and time it so that we can take in some of these Bartlett festivities. We're planning to build a memorial cairn in the Bartlett cemetary for Mom, Dad and Gary's ashes...the cairn will even have a little window looking out over the Brigus harbour.

Last summer a good friend of mine traveled through NF for several weeks, stopping in Brigus on my recommendation. He thoroughly enjoyed his stay there...he wandered through the Bartlett family cemetary and museum and then sent me a lovely package of pictures, brochures and memorabilia as a memorial souvenir of my Mom.

(Maya Angelou)

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved